Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
07-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #9421
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I am totally immune to the lure of the HociR. I have a sexy red K-30 and it is utter perfection.
If I had found a K-30 package, I probably would not have succumbed to the siren call and bought a K-3. I really like the feel of the K-30 in the hand. Cool looks too!

Steve

07-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #9422
Pentaxian

Today's TBT hocIR FB question : "I was released in 1958 and nicknamed "King". Can you name this camera? #TBT"

Again ... too tough J

07-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #9423
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
24 hours and no new posts...

Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Has that ever happened before?
I think it went a couple days once.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The Toronto Maple Leafs are poised to win the cup.
Go Leafs!
07-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #9424
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kshapero Quote
Well I just ordered a K-3. Hrumpf!

07-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #9425
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

????!
07-18-2014, 10:49 AM - 2 Likes   #9426
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "pentax" on the front of the body turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see pentax on the back of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with ricoh.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with ricoh.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that ricoh can keep up with the big guys.If pentax puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my ricoh glass and will continue to shoot ricoh,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a ricohnite and as long as it says Ricoh on the back of the camera I'am happy.
07-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #9427
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice, but too much detail. The OP's original post, before he edited it the next day, simply said: "I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot."
In the 24 hours between his original post and his edit there were 2 pages of mostly less than supportive replies.

07-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #9428
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Very nice, but too much detail. The OP's original post, before he edited it the next day, simply said: "I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot."
In the 24 hours between his original post and his edit there were 2 pages of mostly less than supportive replies.
Must've been in a parallel universe. Who in their right mind would like to have "Pentax" stamped on their camera?! I mean, the Ricoh K-3 is a better camera than the Pentax K-5 in every way. And...

Whoa!

See what happens when this thread lies dormant for too long??
07-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #9429
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Must've been in a parallel universe
Bizarro world.
07-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #9430
Pentaxian

I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "pentax" on the front of the body turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see pentax on the back of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with ricoh.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with ricoh.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that ricoh can keep up with the big guys.If pentax puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my ricoh glass and will continue to shoot ricoh,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a ricohnite and as long as it says Ricoh on the back of the camera I'am happy.
"I love the smell of napalm hociR in the morning! ... Smelled ... like victory!" (lost, but liking it ... )

---------- Post added 07-18-14 at 20:35 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
... In the 24 hours between his original post and his edit there were 2 pages of mostly less than supportive replies.
Now, that's hard to believe ... what happened next ?!
07-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #9431
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
what happened next ?!
You wouldn't believe it if I told you........................................
07-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #9432
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by parallax Quote
you wouldn't believe it if i told you........................................
ok ...
07-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #9433
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Must've been in a parallel universe. Who in their right mind would like to have "Pentax" stamped on their camera?! I mean, the Ricoh K-3 is a better camera than the Pentax K-5 in every way. And...

Whoa!

See what happens when this thread lies dormant for too long??
When I got the K10D the local camera store where I bought it was trying very hard to get me to buy the Samsung GX10. The sales guy (who I have known since 1979) was adamant that Samsung was taking over Pentax and the next model that would come out would only be Samsung. He stated with full conviction that there would never be another Pentax branded camera.

Ever.

Die hociR, die!
07-18-2014, 05:43 PM   #9434
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Must've been in a parallel universe. Who in their right mind would like to have "Pentax" stamped on their camera?!
Ricoh always worked fine for me. From 1970 until 2007 my SLRs always said Ricoh on the front (though sometimes in tiny print). It was not until the K10D that I moved to Pentax. It so reassuring to have a Ricoh in my hand again, though in teeny letters again.

Edit: Don't pay any attention to the paragraph immediately above. It is the hociR speaking. I am in my right mind now, if only for a minute...oh...no...not now...agaroyerelllee...

Steve

* My first camera was a Singlex TLS with a small Ricoh emblem at front left on the camera.
07-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #9435
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pentax... pentagrams... OMG! They want us to sacrifice chickens and chant over them! That is why I should only buy hociR. Wait... did I get that backwards or something? Must've been the severe lack of coffee over the past few days.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »