Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
08-22-2014, 08:33 AM   #9826
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Well, health problems can skew your outlook - I've been there - but then, depression can encourage bad habits which lead to poor health.

I've decided that there is something wrong with me... (yes, we all knew that). Every time there's a new Pentax announcement, I'm excited and happy and curious - even if it's something I'd never buy. I want to look at the features and figure out how/why they did something and what/who it's intended for. It just doesn't occur to me that the world needs to know just how displeased I am that they did/didn't do something that I didn't/did want or like. I guess I still don't know what the internet is for.

But what's wrong with me is that I've started to look forward to watching unhappy people throw tantrums. I really need to work on that.
Responding to ageing and changing health is a choice. One can either lament the things done that should not have been, and the things left undone that should have been - or one can be thankful for the time and capacity to do something with whatever is left.

08-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #9827
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Hang out in the FF Forum for a day or so. You'll get over it. LOL
That's just the same old boring tantrums, over and over and over again. It's the exciting new tantrums I enjoy (you might have a point about LAGS). OMG! Green LEDs! Noooooooo!

Whups, there I go again...
08-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #9828

Photos: Albums
What I wanted to say was - I have some suspicion, that there are health problems that are caused by a negative outlook on life. I could be wrong, though.

as far as watching tantrums go: floppophobia is the King so far for me. and "Extremely Disappointed" sufferers
08-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #9829
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
What I wanted to say was - I have some suspicion, that there are health problems that are caused by a negative outlook on life. I could be wrong, though.
I'm certain you're not wrong. Even worse if you get a feedback mechanism with those health problems giving further negative outlook on life...

QuoteQuote:
as far as watching tantrums go: floppophobia is the King so far for me. and "Extremely Disappointed" sufferers
I know. I'm extremely disappointed because there's something wrong with my cameras. Non of them will flop. And now I'm worried that my disappointment will cause me health problems

08-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #9830
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I'm certain you're not wrong. Even worse if you get a feedback mechanism with those health problems giving further negative outlook on life...

I know. I'm extremely disappointed because there's something wrong with my cameras. Non of them will flop. And now I'm worried that my disappointment will cause me health problems
Wow, I am now sorely disappointed that I have nothing wrong with my K3.Drama is missing in my tog life. Oops, wrong thread, I guess I was banished for apostasy some time ago.
08-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #9831
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Wow, I am now sorely disappointed that I have nothing wrong with my K3.Drama is missing in my tog life. Oops, wrong thread, I guess I was banished for apostasy some time ago.
Well, you and me both. No flopping. No freezing. Not one single thing to complain about. It just works. It sooo totally sucks.

And I equally totally ignore any banishment from this thread!
08-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #9832

well, if you want to play hypochondriacs, you can always check, if yours has "early shutter penalty"! mine has. it never occurred to me to use the camera in that particular fashion before (single shot mode, press the shutter as fast as possible, it isn't always responding immediately), and now I'm WORRIED!

I can't figure out a reason why I would need to take more than 2fps in a single shot mode, but since when THAT could be a reason to skip worrying, I mean, like, Come On!

also, I kind of tend to think that mine might not be properly bouncy, when dropped on the concrete. Haven't tried it yet, hopefully, never will, but I'm worried. I mean, there's that rubbery material on the grip, it has to bounce, right? RIGHT??

08-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #9833
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote

In general I have found that to keep the mind on positive things can give a significant lift. There are times when the underlying problem is substantial and my observations are related to people without a clinical underlying problem.

I have seen some really remarkable things in the past few years in my work (in education) and in some community group activity, with people facing serious problems. And long ago I noticed that people who are unforgiving of others end up with very old worn looking faces at an unreasonably young age.

So, do we have our first interpretation "what is good" or "what is bad" about the things that happen around us?
08-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #9834
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OMG! Green LEDs! Noooooooo!
I think that new camera with its fancy lighting is one of them Decepticon Transfomers. Annoy it and it will unfold into a Hocir clone which will proceed to destroy any Pentax that doesn't carry the infamous logo. Check with your twelve year-old or the grand-kids. They know what those guys can do! It's a plot to destroy life as we know it.
08-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #9835
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

But what's wrong with me is that I've started to look forward to watching unhappy people throw tantrums. I really need to work on that.
Me too.

Steve
08-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #9836
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I think that new camera with its fancy lighting is one of them Decepticon Transfomers. Annoy it and it will unfold into a Hocir clone which will proceed to destroy any Pentax that doesn't carry the infamous logo. Check with your twelve year-old or the grand-kids. They know what those guys can do! It's a plot to destroy life as we know it.
It is the "end of the world as we know it" when our favorites are shown to be the equivalent of a McDonald's drive-thru soggy bacon cheeseburger.

Twenty six years ago my four year old daughter dropped her stuffed skunk, Flower, under the table at a McDonald's while we were traveling. I phoned the restaurant that same day and was told that they found Flower and would hold her for us to pickup on our return two days later. When we stopped in, the Manager (same person who told me Flower was found) claimed ignorance and no Flower was available.

I have not stopped at a McDonald's in 26 years, except to use their restroom. Flower was kidnapped by bacon frying jerks!

Not sure where I was going with this. But it does include bacon. Maybe Deception Transformers?
08-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #9837
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Not sure where I was going with this. But it does include bacon.
That's plenty good enough for this thread.
08-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #9838
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Onions? Have we talked about onions yet? I really like onions and they are sort of like garlic and garlic repulses vampires and the hociR is sort of a vampire, right?

I was out of onions the night I bought the K-3. That explains so much.

Steve
08-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #9839
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I love onions. When we have chili I always chop extra to add raw at serving. I also put them in tuna salad. Onion, cheese, and liver wurst sandwiches are one of my favorites and I was typing this I had an epiphany. Bacon on an onion, cheese and liver wurst sandwhich! Woohoo!
08-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #9840
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I won't be buying a K3 this week because I am driving a big rig this week in X Racer 69's home turf. That's right. I got my Ford Edge hooked up to a U-Haul 4' x 8' x 4' trailer. Delivering the load and #4 son to Bismarck, ND. today and dropping off the trailer. 1,500 miles from, Rochester, NY to Bismarck. After few days here to help him get situated, I will be preceding to Yellowstone for a short stay and then to Las Vegas to visit the worlds cutest grandkids. Home via I40, Then through Springfield, Missouri for a quick visit with family and then southern Indiana to check out some of Rondec's domain. Then sadly home and back to work on September 8.
Well even when you get to Yellowstone you will still be about 600 miles from my Humble Abode.

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
So if I find a trucker at a rest stop photographing squashed bugs on his grill and xatneP impressed into his face, I figure it will be our pal and I will offer him a cup of coffee.
Well I'm not a Truck Driver anymore. Sorry.

I hung up my keys a bit more than a month ago, in favor of an assembly line job in The World's Largest Building. After 13 weeks of "training" (at least they tell me it will be that long) I will be A Certified Wingnut, drilling holes in Exotic Aerospace Metals such as Aluminum and Titanium, pounding rivets, installing Hyloks and pulling Huckbolts on the main wings of the World Famous Boeing 777 Commercial Jet Airliners.

Yes, after giving 30 years of my life to Public Service at the Snohomish County PUD, a couple of years stumbling about at this job and that, then 5 years Jammin' Gears all across North America (around 700,000 miles!) Racer is gonna become a Cog In The Giant Wheel that builds Huge Silver Buses with Wings.

Probably for 8 or 10 years, and then, I am gonna hang up my Lunch Pail.

I swear!

Meanwhile, here is a large bug that I found in the grille of Monstro's Big Brother:

Oh, wait, that ain't a bug, that's a Bug Eater!

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
'cept Racer is pretty nicely planted in Western Washington now. The siren call of domestic bliss reeled him in.

Steve
That's right Steve.

The Siren Call of the lovely Mrs. Racer, and of course the Lure of My Own Bed every night.

And I would be misleading y'all if I didn't also mention the Lure of the Almighty Dollar!

The new gig is a pay raise right out of the gate, and has potential for almost double what I made as a Truck Driver. In short order I will be earning the same money I raked in as a Mechanic at the PUD.

Kinda hard to pass up.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
PBA in and around downtown St. Louis, the Poplar Street Bridge approach from I-44 Eastbound to cross the Mississippi into Illinois is closed for construction. I advise using I-270S / I-244E at Fenton, MO, crossing the river on the Jefferson Barracks Bridge and connecting to I-55N / I-70E at Collinsville, IL,.then 8 miles to the I-70E Exit from I-55N.

Racer once posted a picture crossing the Mississippi on the JB Bridge Westbound.
Why yes I did. Crossed that bridge many times over the past 5 years. It was somehow always nicer going in the direction I was when the photo was taken that it was when I was going the other way. Not that the Fine(ly) Criminal State of Illinois is all bad, but the roads are among the very worst in the Nation.

Since you mention a bridge, here is another. This one is in the Buckeye. US23 in Delaware, Ohio. Notice the sneaky Revenue Ranger sitting on it.

And here is another. Crossing the Ohio River from Ravenswood, West Virginia into the Buckeye on US33. I had a load of Future Airplane Parts (slabs of aluminum plate) on my wagon, freshly loaded at the old Alcoa plant at Ravenswood.

And one more. Passing a UPS Set ON THE RIGHT as I crossed the Missouri River on I70 in the Show Me state. I swear, some truck drivers think they won the Hammer Lane. In 5 years I passed more trucks on the right than I ever passed on the left!

Anyway, the K5IIs is still taking fantastic pictures, and the K10 and *istDL are still making great backups, so the K3 is out of the question!