Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #9841
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,802
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I love onions. When we have chili I always chop extra to add raw at serving. I also put them in tuna salad. Onion, cheese, and liver wurst sandwiches are one of my favorites and I was typing this I had an epiphany. Bacon on an onion, cheese and liver wurst sandwhich! Woohoo!
Sounds tasty!

I'll be right over.

Should I grab a 6 pack of Moose Drool on my way through Montana?

08-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #9842
mee
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,251
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I love onions. When we have chili I always chop extra to add raw at serving. I also put them in tuna salad. Onion, cheese, and liver wurst sandwiches are one of my favorites and I was typing this I had an epiphany. Bacon on an onion, cheese and liver wurst sandwhich! Woohoo!
That is a sandwich to eat alone if there ever was one... P U!
08-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #9843
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,103
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Sounds tasty!

I'll be right over.

Should I grab a 6 pack of Moose Drool on my way through Montana?
Sure, why not. I've never tried it, but how bad can it be? Is it better than Pearl?

Last edited by Parallax; 08-22-2014 at 07:23 PM.
08-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #9844
Loyal Site Supporter
Pioneer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Elko, Nevada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,167
Anyone who can handle Pearl can handle almost anything.

08-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #9845
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,103
I've had it, but didn't say I could handle it.
08-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #9846
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,398
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I think that new camera with its fancy lighting is one of them Decepticon Transfomers. Annoy it and it will unfold into a Hocir clone which will proceed to destroy any Pentax that doesn't carry the infamous logo. Check with your twelve year-old or the grand-kids. They know what those guys can do! It's a plot to destroy life as we know it.
Cartoon Decepticon or Michael Bay movie Decepticon? (I might be able to handle a cartoon one, but if it's a MBD, then the ensuing explosions will probably claim my entire neighborhood.)
08-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #9847
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,116
I'm ready for an influx of people saying they wont buy the K-S1....
08-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #9848
jac
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada
Posts: 2,363
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Cartoon Decepticon or Michael Bay movie Decepticon? (I might be able to handle a cartoon one, but if it's a MBD, then the ensuing explosions will probably claim my entire neighborhood.)
Sir, we are talking the real deal here, not some computer-generated SFX. They've been hiding in plain sight just waiting to be set loose on unsuspecting Hocir doubters. Caveat emptor. There is no escape. Just resign yourself to this fate, throw some shrimp and ribs on the barbie, grab a cool one and watch your neighborhood disintegrate in an horrendous conflagration.


Last edited by jac; 08-22-2014 at 09:42 PM.
08-23-2014, 03:57 AM   #9849
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,701
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I'm ready for an influx of people saying they wont buy the K-S1....
No way will I buy a K-S1! I don't trust cameras without the mark of hociR on the back.




...ooops
08-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #9850
Veteran Member
Joel B's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,336
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
and watch your neighborhood disintegrate in an horrendous conflagration.
I'm ready with a fully stocked bunker!! watching 3 seasons of The Walking Dead in under a week got me motivated!!
08-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #9851
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,435
We are now our parents.

Epsicopalians depart this mortal coil in understated style.

I just returned from A Service for The Burial of the Dead for the father of a life-long friend and classmate. Dr. E. was my Sunday School teacher, my fan and fellow and a sort of father-figure. It is a celebratory day and the gathering of friends was happy and joyous, with laughter and stories - no tears nor sadness, no booze, no long, maudlin eulogies - just the simple, brief words from the 1979 BCP; Rite Two, and three hymns from the 1962.

I recall this here because I had posted earlier about my parents' summer cocktail party in St. Louis one Friday night, and then the next night in Michigan, and there was some back and forth about men in suits with highballs and cigs in their hands and ladies in dresses. Dr. E. and Mrs. E. and my friend H.C.E. attended both of them. Dr. E. quit the highballs a few years later. People would ask if he had a problem with drinking and he'd always reply with a smile, "Only when I drink," or "Not today." What a guy!

If there was one blue suit this afternoon there were 75 - and dark dresses with a shawl or jacket, or slacks and a blouse and flats, not heels. The only difference between these and the ones we attended way back (our parents' parents' services) is that we're now the middle generation - we're all 60; they're our parents' services now. It was shocking to sit in my boyhood church as a full-on adult. My brain still thinks I'm 20 or 30 or 40, but I'm not.

Oh, departing in style. The Altar Guild still serves those maple-brown-sugar-bacon wrapped crackers in the Undercroft for the Reception afterward.

It is comforting to know something is as it was.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-23-2014 at 02:07 PM.
08-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #9852
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,167
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Epsicopalians depart this mortal coil in understated style.

I just returned from A Service for The Burial of the Dead for the father of a life-long friend and classmate. Dr. E. was my Sunday School teacher, my fan and fellow and a sort of father-figure. It is a celebratory day and the gathering of friends was happy and joyous, with laughter and stories - no tears nor sadness, no booze, no long, maudlin eulogies - just the simple, brief words from the 1979 BCP; Rite Two, and three hymns from the 1962.

I recall this here because I had posted earlier about my parents' summer cocktail party in St. Louis one Friday night, and then the next night in Michigan, and there was some back and forth about men in suits with highballs and cigs in their hands and ladies in dresses. Dr. E. and Mrs. E. and my friend H.C.E. attended both of them. Dr. E. quit the highballs a few years later. People would ask if he had a problem with drinking and he'd always reply with a smile, "Only when I drink," or "Not today." What a guy!

If there was one blue suit this afternoon there were 75 - and dark dresses with a shawl or jacket, or slacks and a blouse and flats, not heels. The only difference between these and the ones we attended way back (our parents' parents' services) is that we're now the middle generation - we're all 60; they're our parents' services. It was shocking to sit in my boyhood church as a full-on adult. My brain still thinks I'm 20 or 30 or 40, but I'm not.

Oh, departing in style. The Altar Guild still serves those maple-brown-sugar-bacon wrapped crackers in the Undercroft for the Reception afterward. It is comforting to know something is as it was.
It is a good thing to post here, particularly because of the reference to bacon. In all seriousness, however, this is an excellent small essay and it was a privilege for me to read it.


Steve
08-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #9853
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,802
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
People would ask if he had a problem with drinking and he'd always reply with a smile, "Only when I drink," or "Not today." What a guy!
I have never had a problem with drinking.

I drink.

I get drunk.

I fall down.

No problem!

The only time I ever abuse alcohol is when I spill some.

Seriously, I really have never had trouble with alcohol consumption. Sure there have been a few times in my life that I consumed far too much in one day or evening, and paid dearly for it the next day (Once several days after too much Tequila with my now ex-wife! She had an affinity for Cuervo, and I truly enjoyed consuming it with her, one of the few things we did well together.), but for the most part alcohol has always been something that augments things. A beer or cocktail with meals. A few beers with friends around the bonfire, or having a beer or three while kayaking down the river we live on with friends. A nice glass of good whiskey or scotch in the early evening, watching the sun set.

And these days the occurrence of consumption is less frequent than in days gone by.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My brain still thinks I'm 20 or 30 or 40, but I'm not.
Mine too. Some days I think that I am more like a 21 year old with 37 years of experience.

Then I overdo it when working on some project, or go for a hike without having been getting in condition, and pay dearly the next few days . . . . . .

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It is comforting to know something is as it was.
And it was nice to read your post. Thank you so much for sharing!
08-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #9854
jac
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada
Posts: 2,363
My Great-grandfather was Mayor of Brampton, Ontario, before the turn of a previous century and the grandest drunk in town according to family legend. Second generation Irish-Canadian and a devout Presbyterian provided the Minister remained neutral about the booze and infamous his four-letter epithet "Dang". He was six-four, Mrs. Beatty as he called her, was a feisty, four-eleven; he never cursed wildly like that in house, or did so at his peril. Except once. A friend had passed and he felt a good wake was in order. But the Presbytry had beaten him; funerals of the devout would now be held in the Church nave and the burial would proceed from there. He announced to Mrs. Beatty that he wasn't going to any "dang funeral where there's no dang booze" and never made it to another until his own twenty years later. There are many cycles in the various liturgies.

Last edited by jac; 08-23-2014 at 02:56 PM.
08-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #9855
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,103
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome:
My brain still thinks I'm 20 or 30 or 40, but I'm not.
So does mine; but lately, unfortunately ( fortunately?), it's starting to catch on.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top