Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #9841
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I love onions. When we have chili I always chop extra to add raw at serving. I also put them in tuna salad. Onion, cheese, and liver wurst sandwiches are one of my favorites and I was typing this I had an epiphany. Bacon on an onion, cheese and liver wurst sandwhich! Woohoo!
Sounds tasty!

I'll be right over.

Should I grab a 6 pack of Moose Drool on my way through Montana?

08-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #9842
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I love onions. When we have chili I always chop extra to add raw at serving. I also put them in tuna salad. Onion, cheese, and liver wurst sandwiches are one of my favorites and I was typing this I had an epiphany. Bacon on an onion, cheese and liver wurst sandwhich! Woohoo!
That is a sandwich to eat alone if there ever was one... P U!
08-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #9843
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Sounds tasty!

I'll be right over.

Should I grab a 6 pack of Moose Drool on my way through Montana?
Sure, why not. I've never tried it, but how bad can it be? Is it better than Pearl?

Last edited by Parallax; 08-22-2014 at 07:23 PM.
08-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #9844
Pentaxian

Anyone who can handle Pearl can handle almost anything.

08-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #9845
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I've had it, but didn't say I could handle it.
08-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #9846
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I think that new camera with its fancy lighting is one of them Decepticon Transfomers. Annoy it and it will unfold into a Hocir clone which will proceed to destroy any Pentax that doesn't carry the infamous logo. Check with your twelve year-old or the grand-kids. They know what those guys can do! It's a plot to destroy life as we know it.
Cartoon Decepticon or Michael Bay movie Decepticon? (I might be able to handle a cartoon one, but if it's a MBD, then the ensuing explosions will probably claim my entire neighborhood.)
08-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #9847
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm ready for an influx of people saying they wont buy the K-S1....

08-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #9848
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Cartoon Decepticon or Michael Bay movie Decepticon? (I might be able to handle a cartoon one, but if it's a MBD, then the ensuing explosions will probably claim my entire neighborhood.)
Sir, we are talking the real deal here, not some computer-generated SFX. They've been hiding in plain sight just waiting to be set loose on unsuspecting Hocir doubters. Caveat emptor. There is no escape. Just resign yourself to this fate, throw some shrimp and ribs on the barbie, grab a cool one and watch your neighborhood disintegrate in an horrendous conflagration.

Last edited by jac; 08-22-2014 at 09:42 PM.
08-23-2014, 03:57 AM   #9849
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I'm ready for an influx of people saying they wont buy the K-S1....
No way will I buy a K-S1! I don't trust cameras without the mark of hociR on the back.

...ooops
08-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #9850
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
and watch your neighborhood disintegrate in an horrendous conflagration.
I'm ready with a fully stocked bunker!! watching 3 seasons of The Walking Dead in under a week got me motivated!!
08-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #9851
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We are now our parents.

Epsicopalians depart this mortal coil in understated style.

I just returned from A Service for The Burial of the Dead for the father of a life-long friend and classmate. Dr. E. was my Sunday School teacher, my fan and fellow and a sort of father-figure. It is a celebratory day and the gathering of friends was happy and joyous, with laughter and stories - no tears nor sadness, no booze, no long, maudlin eulogies - just the simple, brief words from the 1979 BCP; Rite Two, and three hymns from the 1962.

I recall this here because I had posted earlier about my parents' summer cocktail party in St. Louis one Friday night, and then the next night in Michigan, and there was some back and forth about men in suits with highballs and cigs in their hands and ladies in dresses. Dr. E. and Mrs. E. and my friend H.C.E. attended both of them. Dr. E. quit the highballs a few years later. People would ask if he had a problem with drinking and he'd always reply with a smile, "Only when I drink," or "Not today." What a guy!

If there was one blue suit this afternoon there were 75 - and dark dresses with a shawl or jacket, or slacks and a blouse and flats, not heels. The only difference between these and the ones we attended way back (our parents' parents' services) is that we're now the middle generation - we're all 60; they're our parents' services now. It was shocking to sit in my boyhood church as a full-on adult. My brain still thinks I'm 20 or 30 or 40, but I'm not.

Oh, departing in style. The Altar Guild still serves those maple-brown-sugar-bacon wrapped crackers in the Undercroft for the Reception afterward.

It is comforting to know something is as it was.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-23-2014 at 02:07 PM.
08-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #9852
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Epsicopalians depart this mortal coil in understated style.

I just returned from A Service for The Burial of the Dead for the father of a life-long friend and classmate. Dr. E. was my Sunday School teacher, my fan and fellow and a sort of father-figure. It is a celebratory day and the gathering of friends was happy and joyous, with laughter and stories - no tears nor sadness, no booze, no long, maudlin eulogies - just the simple, brief words from the 1979 BCP; Rite Two, and three hymns from the 1962.

I recall this here because I had posted earlier about my parents' summer cocktail party in St. Louis one Friday night, and then the next night in Michigan, and there was some back and forth about men in suits with highballs and cigs in their hands and ladies in dresses. Dr. E. and Mrs. E. and my friend H.C.E. attended both of them. Dr. E. quit the highballs a few years later. People would ask if he had a problem with drinking and he'd always reply with a smile, "Only when I drink," or "Not today." What a guy!

If there was one blue suit this afternoon there were 75 - and dark dresses with a shawl or jacket, or slacks and a blouse and flats, not heels. The only difference between these and the ones we attended way back (our parents' parents' services) is that we're now the middle generation - we're all 60; they're our parents' services. It was shocking to sit in my boyhood church as a full-on adult. My brain still thinks I'm 20 or 30 or 40, but I'm not.

Oh, departing in style. The Altar Guild still serves those maple-brown-sugar-bacon wrapped crackers in the Undercroft for the Reception afterward. It is comforting to know something is as it was.
It is a good thing to post here, particularly because of the reference to bacon. In all seriousness, however, this is an excellent small essay and it was a privilege for me to read it.

Steve
08-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #9853
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
People would ask if he had a problem with drinking and he'd always reply with a smile, "Only when I drink," or "Not today." What a guy!
I have never had a problem with drinking.

I drink.

I get drunk.

I fall down.

No problem!

The only time I ever abuse alcohol is when I spill some.

Seriously, I really have never had trouble with alcohol consumption. Sure there have been a few times in my life that I consumed far too much in one day or evening, and paid dearly for it the next day (Once several days after too much Tequila with my now ex-wife! She had an affinity for Cuervo, and I truly enjoyed consuming it with her, one of the few things we did well together.), but for the most part alcohol has always been something that augments things. A beer or cocktail with meals. A few beers with friends around the bonfire, or having a beer or three while kayaking down the river we live on with friends. A nice glass of good whiskey or scotch in the early evening, watching the sun set.

And these days the occurrence of consumption is less frequent than in days gone by.

My brain still thinks I'm 20 or 30 or 40, but I'm not.
Mine too. Some days I think that I am more like a 21 year old with 37 years of experience.

Then I overdo it when working on some project, or go for a hike without having been getting in condition, and pay dearly the next few days . . . . . .

It is comforting to know something is as it was.
And it was nice to read your post. Thank you so much for sharing!
08-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #9854
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My Great-grandfather was Mayor of Brampton, Ontario, before the turn of a previous century and the grandest drunk in town according to family legend. Second generation Irish-Canadian and a devout Presbyterian provided the Minister remained neutral about the booze and infamous his four-letter epithet "Dang". He was six-four, Mrs. Beatty as he called her, was a feisty, four-eleven; he never cursed wildly like that in house, or did so at his peril. Except once. A friend had passed and he felt a good wake was in order. But the Presbytry had beaten him; funerals of the devout would now be held in the Church nave and the burial would proceed from there. He announced to Mrs. Beatty that he wasn't going to any "dang funeral where there's no dang booze" and never made it to another until his own twenty years later. There are many cycles in the various liturgies.

Last edited by jac; 08-23-2014 at 02:56 PM.
08-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #9855
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome:
My brain still thinks I'm 20 or 30 or 40, but I'm not.
So does mine; but lately, unfortunately ( fortunately?), it's starting to catch on.