Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #9856
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Sounds tasty!

I'll be right over.

Should I grab a 6 pack of Moose Drool on my way through Montana?
This beer had been stopped at the Canadian border (Alberta) a long time ago ... I never thought it still existed !

JP

08-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #9857

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
This beer had been stopped at the Canadian border (Alberta) a long time ago ... I never thought it still existed !

JP
Yep. Still brewed in Missoula, Montana, and distributed, but how far I do not know. I can find it in the better stores in my area. I enjoy it as it has a good flavor, but is not like the pale yellow fizzwater called Bud that seems so popular among those who have issues with consumption control.
08-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #9858
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think I've seen it here.
08-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #9859

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I think I've seen it here.
Check out Big Sky Brewing - Makers of Moose Drool Brown Ale in Missoula Montana , this is the company that brews Moose Drool. They also have 10 other brews (in bottles), have 5 specialty brews, and distribute 6 of the regular brews in cans (yuk!).

There is a location on the website to find a location near you that Montana's Best Beer can be found. There are 3 distributors in the Mount Rushmore State.

I've tried several of the regular brews, Moose Drool (but of course!), Trout Slayer (a good wheat ale that goes good with fly fishing), Powder Hound (goes great when skiing down your favorite slopes, or during a break from power sledding on your favorite back country trails!), and Summer Honey (another seasonal that is just right on those Dog Days of Summer).

OK, I gotta go now, there is lots of stuff to do this morning. Mrs. Racer has a long Honeydew List, and I need to try and knock a couple things off before Beer Thirty! And there may be some Summer Honey, cheese and Ritz Crackers on the menu about then!

And it helps me resist the Siren Song of the hociR.

08-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #9860
Site Supporter

And it helps me resist the Siren Song of the hociR.
Drink too much and the hociR will have its way with you...

Steve
08-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #9861
Loyal Site Supporter

I get drunk.
The character of Dr. E. was such that he quit the highballs long before it was acceptable to quit the highballs, yet he carried it off with a smile and some panache and carried on.

And that will suffice on the subject of Dr. E.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-24-2014 at 07:23 PM.
08-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #9862

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Drink too much and the hociR will have its way with you...

Steve
Spuds MacKenzie always knows When to Say When.
Attached Images

08-25-2014, 07:39 AM   #9863
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Spuds MacKenzie always knows When to Say When.
Punk Spuds! Good one!
This might interest you, my co. has stopped buying new rigs because of the emission control system issues. Instead they are going keep the older fleet going longer than planned. This might create a real problem for truck makers if this becomes a trend!

08-25-2014, 12:58 PM - 1 Like   #9864
Site Supporter

The trucking industry as a whole is under crushing burdens these days, would not be happy as an owner/operator.
08-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #9865

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Punk Spuds! Good one!
I had to find one that didn't have Budweiser all over it!

This might interest you, my co. has stopped buying new rigs because of the emission control system issues. Instead they are going keep the older fleet going longer than planned. This might create a real problem for truck makers if this becomes a trend!
I don't blame them. Just like the automotive emissions systems development so many years ago, the development in heavy trucks was thrust upon the market by the gov without being fully tested and worked out.

Sort of, let's throw it against the wall and see what sticks kind of mentality.

And the end user winds up footing the bill for a large part of the development costs.
08-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #9866
Veteran Member

And the end user winds up footing the bill for a large part of the development costs.
Just think of what happens to the truck makers if all the fleets adopt the idea of extending the use of existing equipment instead of buying new!
Kind of like living in the world of hociR without any bacon!! (note to self: buy more bacon for bunker)
08-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #9867

QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
The trucking industry as a whole is under crushing burdens these days, would not be happy as an owner/operator.
To be sure.

The carrier I ran for used to have a great program for the OO's. Then they realized just how much the husband/wife teams were making, and even how much a solo could earn.

And then they restructured the percentages and other parts of the contracts.

Now the solos are out, and the husband/wife teams that have the Big House trucks can't afford to run them anymore. Rigs like the one in this picture cost about $300,000 to $400,000, (just the tractor, the trailer is extra) and are so heavy that the only loads they can haul are the lightweight aerospace stuff.

And after the carrier cuts into their profits all they can do is sell everything and move on.

08-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #9868
Loyal Site Supporter

In what reality is that not the case?
08-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #9869
Site Supporter

Just think of what happens to the truck makers if all the fleets adopt the idea of extending the use of existing equipment instead of buying new!
I live just north of Portland, Oregon and remember well what happened around here when the first wave of emissions rules for over-the-road trucks hit. You see, over in Portland there is this little company called Freightliner (a.k.a. Daimler Truck North America). Orders for new trucks dried up and a lot of people were thrown out of work. Those innovations don't come cheap and fleet managers scrambled to squeeze a few extra miles out of every truck in their stable. It took years for the market to recover and in many ways it still hasn't.

It is a shame that the systems are neither cheap nor are they trouble-free...sort of like cameras in some ways...

Steve
08-26-2014, 03:42 AM   #9870
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It is a shame that the systems are neither cheap nor are they trouble-free...sort of like cameras in some ways...
The difference is we are not ordered to buy Canikon... yet...(intro to Vader's theme)