Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #10171
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Are you sure that's not simply an HDR? Sure looks like my pictures after some excessive tone mapping!

The squirrels are coming.
Hell-Damned-Rodents ... ?

09-07-2014, 04:05 AM   #10172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
After all, there are lots of people out there who need it.
There are things you can do and then there are things you can't do. We don't all have to do everything.

For a long, long time I refused to sign the donor card on my Driver License - I didn't want to take a chance some hospital would decide I was more valuable as harvested organs than as a recovered being. Then I had my first eye surgery. I have donor sclera in both eyes now (i.e. sterilized tissue from someone else' eyes).

I signed my License.
09-07-2014, 05:56 AM   #10173
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have discovered I am lousy at making skin templates even when I have a skin to work from apparently. :P So the Gariz skins are going on the Olys and I am now trying various patterns of blinging on and/or around them sans glue until I make up my mind what I want to do. I now understand though why these little leather skins cost as much as they do. If you don't have the facility to do a machine precise cut it's incredibly easy to mess it up.

One small mess up it all it takes to ruin the whole thing and keep it from fitting right. So I've got a Gariz red skin on the chrome version and I ordered a white one for the white Oly. I've got red, vitrol, and crystal AB crystals to work with. Where the Swarovsky is going to go exactly is up in the air as yet. After watching several DIY videos I did figure out how to make a tool that helps a lot with pick up and placement though and that doesn't cost $25.

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be though I guess the results will be worth it when I am done. What amazes me is that crafty people and nail stylists apparently use them all the time. Just doing these two cameras is like to make me a little nutty even with the tool. I can't imagine doing this every day for a living. Working with tiny little Austrian crystals is a total PITA. The tool helps and I suppose in time it gets easier but right now I'm all thumbs and it's not so easy for me. LOL

Years ago in NY while I was there I worked for a while in this place that made jewelry and purses with these crystals and strands of glass seed beads, paid a whole crew of people minimum wage to do it. I worked in the inventory room, more $$$, but like every one there I tried my hand at making earrings with this stuff and I wasn't too successful at it. Since then I've learned to string them okay, but this kind of glue and lay it out work it still not really not something I do well. I'm better at it than I was then but I still prefer stringing beads and working with metal wire and polymer and that to working with flatbacks like this.

Who knows? I may get better at it and decide to incorporate a little of it into my regular jewelry making but I'd have to get a heck of a lot better than I am now at it to want to go there, to be able to sell anything I'd make...
09-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #10174
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Another reason to not buy a K-3! There are so many buttons that there is scant room to bling the body!

Steve

09-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #10175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Another reason to not buy a K-3! There are so many buttons that there is scant room to bling the body!

Steve
but at least you can customize the LCD display colors!!!!
09-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #10176
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
But definitely bling the bottom of the LCD where it's written "that which shall not be spoken" ... can cover it up, but it'll still be there.
09-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #10177
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, the OP logged on on the 2nd of the month.
He didn't make any posts though. I thought that if he ever came back that surely he'd join in. confused2

09-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #10178
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Are you sure that's not simply an HDR?
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Hell-Damned-Rodents ... ?
Highly Decorated Ricoh.
09-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #10179
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Who knows? I may get better at it and decide to incorporate a little of it into my regular jewelry making but I'd have to get a heck of a lot better than I am now at it to want to go there, to be able to sell anything I'd make...
Get good enough and you can go into business pimping out Pentaxes for others! Think about it, the options could be endless! Or create kits for the DIY's and market them here! Even if you just sold something to cover the tramp stamp on the back (hociR), people would line up! Maybe a little glittery bacon sticker?

---------- Post added 09-08-14 at 01:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
He didn't make any posts though. I thought that if he ever came back that surely he'd join in. :confused2:
His witness protection minders are watching him too close!
09-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #10180
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Get good enough and you can go into business pimping out Pentaxes for others! Think about it, the options could be endless! Or create kits for the DIY's and market them here! Even if you just sold something to cover the tramp stamp on the back (hociR), people would line up! Maybe a little glittery bacon sticker?
Or ... a nice long piece of brie cheese.
09-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #10181
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Or ... a nice long piece of brie cheese.
That's the spirit!!
09-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #10182
Pentaxian

He didn't make any posts though. I thought that if he ever came back that surely he'd join in. :confused2:
Such a tease ...
09-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #10183
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Highly Decorated Ricoh.

(Stolen image, but my post maltreatment.)
09-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #10184
Pentaxian

Highly Decorated Ricoh.
Again ... where's Christine Tham when one needs her ?!
09-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #10185
Pentaxian

Again ... where's Christine Tham when one needs her ?!
She does have a habit of not being here every day... I think she does more than just post on the forum. But I could be wrong.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »