Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #10201
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, and don't forget as well that there's videos on this thread ... Eyooooo !

09-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #10202
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
there's images, too ...
Now that's just disturbing!!

I knew a girl who used to sing backup for Micky Gilley in the 80's. Tried to break out on her own, but it was a total bone crushing hociR level failure! Still got a debut tape from her floating around the house.

---------- Post added 09-09-14 at 03:35 PM ----------

Eyooooo !
Not to be cruel but their looks do not make up for that song!! Now I really won't buy, beg, borrow, steal, or even dream of a K-3
09-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #10203
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The first one is when you invited them home, after a night in the bar... the second one is when you woke up in the morning.
Another good reason to avoid bars.

Steve
09-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #10204

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Still got a debut tape from her floating around the house.
Tape?

Are there still players that will play it?

09-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #10205
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Tape?

My Expedition has a tape player! Not sure if it still works thou...
edit: need a new tape-player more than a K3.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 09-09-2014 at 05:41 PM.
09-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #10206
Site Supporter

Tape?

I still have a working cassette deck in the house and the Riviera has a one as well.

Steve
09-09-2014, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #10207
Site Supporter

You have a working Riviera, Says something about Buick.
09-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #10208
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've looked at the K3 and there is plenty of room for bling, grin. That being said I'm still not particularly interested in owning one. Too much camera, too much $$$ for my needs. Except for the sparkle gem caps thing I didn't really go hog wild on the K-30. Christine put far more bling on her Hello Kitty DSLR than I did, at least I think she did, or at least it's more noticable. There's a little bling but it's not in your face unless you put the sparkle caps on. I don't plan to every time. I only blinged out those caps for fun, to make the kids giggle.

My nieces they loved them and now they are gleefully "decorating" some of their caps. So obviously I didn't offend them, laugh. I do have plain backups for when I am dealing with only adults. I save most of my sparkle and glitter for working with the kids and for my little "Please don't take me seriously, I'm just a harmless tourist!" Oly cams. Those the more bling the merrier. I want people to totally NOT take me seriously with those. The less they do the less hassle I get and the less people usually want to steal my little cameras.

I'm almost done with the chrome one now. I've been home sick today. I've got a Summer cold. My nose is all messed up. I figured it was probably a good day for it as I can't hardly even smell the glue. It went faster than I thought it would with my little makeshift tool. I should have them both done by next week. I'll post pics when I do so you guys can giggle at me.

09-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #10209
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A bit off topic (sarcasm intended), if you check the Price Watch Forum, the deal on the K5iis is absolutely encroiable (in defference to Jean Poitier ). Why would anyone even consider a K-3?
09-09-2014, 11:54 PM   #10210
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
A bit off topic (sarcasm intended), if you check the Price Watch Forum, the deal on the K5iis is absolutely encroiable (in defference to Jean Poitier ). Why would anyone even consider a K-3?
Probably because it's a better camera. But, really, wanting a better camera would just show that you are no proper photographer. Because real photographers don't want "better" cameras. They don't need'em. No self respecting artist will lessen the pain of their art. And seriously, "more room for cropping"? Buy a longer lens you cheap bastard. Doesn't exist? Well, move your butt closer you lazy bastard.

If that ain't reason enough not to buy a K-3, well, why not just quit photography altogether, hmm?

It certainly will keep me from getting (another) one!
09-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #10211
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Probably because it's a better camera. But, really, wanting a better camera would just show that you are no proper photographer. Because real photographers don't want "better" cameras. They don't need'em. No self respecting artist will lessen the pain of their art. And seriously, "more room for cropping"? Buy a longer lens you cheap bastard. Doesn't exist? Well, move your butt closer you lazy bastard.

If that ain't reason enough not to buy a K-3, well, why not just quit photography altogether, hmm?

It certainly will keep me from getting (another) one!
Oh my, oh my ... such foul language !!!

The mod's gonna get you ...
09-10-2014, 03:31 AM   #10212
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Because real photographers don't want "better" cameras.
Better be keeping your film gear for when this passing hipster digital fad is over! Just like Tokyo, it is doomed!!
Oh my, oh my ... such foul language !!!
Where's Amy when you need her?
09-10-2014, 04:30 AM   #10213

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
My Expedition has a tape player! Not sure if it still works thou...
edit: need a new tape-player more than a K3.
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I still have a working cassette deck in the house and the Riviera has a one as well.

Steve
*sigh*

I too have a working tape player. A really nice JVC deck (bought brand new at Magnolia Hi Fi way back when in 1979 or so) in the house, and there is one in the Dodge Ram too. The one in the Ram has always served to provide the interface for the XM radio . . . . .
09-10-2014, 08:32 AM   #10214
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Better be keeping your film gear for when this passing hipster digital fad is over! Just like Tokyo, it is doomed!!
Oh, I do! Just in case I one day should become something resembling a decent photographer. A box brownie, even.

Luckily I am a lousy togger so I can let my GAS run freely.
09-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #10215
Site Supporter

The one in the Ram has always served to provide the interface for the XM radio . . . . .
I have been meaning to get one of those adapters so I can patch my MP3 player through the Riv's quite excellent sound system. Those adapters are still available aren't they?

Steve

---------- Post added 09-10-14 at 09:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
You have a working Riviera, Says something about Buick.
The Riv is currently not running...there is a leak in the coolant system that I am having trouble finding. Usually though, it is a pretty nice driver. It gets decent fuel economy (about 28 MPG highway) and has adequate power and can seat four comfortably. Now if I can get the leak fixed and the AC too...

Steve

Steve