Welcome back!

09-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #10262

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Wow, this thread is still going?
This thread is Immortal.

There can be only one.

I unsubscribed from it, but today someone liked a post of mine that's way back on the 1st page. I wonder if that person plans to read all 137 pages to catch up.
137?

Why, you must have your default number of posts per page set differently than the default. I see 685 pages and 10,261 posts, not counting this one.

I won't buy any camera until the model # matches the page count. I hope the FF gets announced quickly and it's called the K-137.
More like the K-10,262 or the K- 685.
09-14-2014, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #10263

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bent prism ... ?!
And then one day you find

Ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run

You missed the starting gun
09-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #10264

It's a dim image ... seems to be the dark side.
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote

And they are tasty, too...
Did someone mention the Dark Side?

Home - Darkside Scientific

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScHS4J8_x6g#t=14

Oh, and I like cookies!

09-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #10265
Site Supporter

137...keep reading.
edit: cookies rule
09-14-2014, 06:25 PM   #10266
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
Steve, no, they haven't. I mean, there hasn't been an official statement from the Corporate Overlords that the problem exists, moreover, there hasn't been a single report, that the problem exists!! How screwed up is THAT, I ask??
Well, that is evidence in itself of a coverup!!!

Steve

---------- Post added 09-14-14 at 06:27 PM ----------

I won't buy any camera until the model # matches the page count. I hope the FF gets announced quickly and it's called the K-137.
Something happened while you were sleeping...page count is currently 685...

Steve
09-14-2014, 11:13 PM - 1 Like   #10267
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
And then one day you find

Ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run

You missed the starting gun
Dang, I hate it when that happens ... Shine on you crazy diamond.
09-15-2014, 04:17 AM   #10268
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's a dim image ... seems to be the dark side.
I was wondering when I put up my post how many steps of remove I should make for the allusion.

Something I find at PF - plenty of people seem to have read or know all manner of unusual stuff.

09-15-2014, 04:52 AM   #10269
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I was wondering when I put up my post how many steps of remove I should make for the allusion.

Something I find at PF - plenty of people seem to have read or know all manner of unusual stuff.
You can never anticipate what people may or may not know... For a 18 months I taught people with IQ's of 60-80. You might think other people are smarter than they are, to which I'd respond, "well sometimes". Even those guys will end up knowing some stuff you don't. There's so much stuff out there, there's a little bit of knowledge somewhere, that someone can master, so that everyone has their area of expertise. It might be only one small part of the puzzle...but they're still king of that one small part.
09-15-2014, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #10270
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
This thread is Immortal.

There can be only one.
I'm a HL series fan as well as an original movie fan. I love Connor and Duncan but I always figured if things went as they should this guy would take the prize in the end. He's such a wonderful, devious, sneaky bas- Methos. He's ultra intelligent, ruthless, cynical, and far more skilled at swordplay than he ever let on, and besides which he totally cheats. Duncan never saw him coming most of the time for all his much vaunted superior fighting skills.

At several points in the series Methos could have had Duncan's head with a smile. There was no doubt about it. Duncan trusted that old immortal WAY too much even before it was revealed he was one of The Four Horsemen. The problem with the Highlanders is both of them are just too darned upright for their own good sometimes. They equate being a "good immortal" with fighting fair and following the rules and Methos, he just wasn't much for rules even when he finally got sick of carnage and decided to mend his ways.

I didn't much like Endgame and don't even get me started on the absolute farce that was The Source, but this piece of fan artwork sums it all up for me. It's supposed to be Methos after he's gone back and killed them all, including Duncan, and taken the Prize. This is how I believe HL's game would have ended. From the moment Methos walked onto the scene it was GAME OVER for me. I always saw him as the clear winner. I never quite bought Connor or Duncan as final champion again. Methos, I believe he would have had them all fooled right up until the very end, until it was too darned late to stop him, laugh.

http://nirva1.deviantart.com/art/Methos-100148305

Oh and FYI, Peter Wingfield the guy who played Methos? He's now gone back to his first love, medicine, and is studying to be a real doctor. A sad loss for acting, as he was a darned good actor, but I can honestly see him doing a lot of good in a white coat. Nice guy Wingfield...
09-15-2014, 08:01 AM   #10271
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
.but they're still king of that one small part.
My wife has dubbed me the king of useless information!(she's not into fun facts from wwII)

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'm a HL series fan
The wife was a big fan of the series because she drooled over the main character! Lately though she is more into zombie stories!
09-15-2014, 08:19 AM - 2 Likes   #10272

I haven't yet worked out my point/opinion on "useless information". I mean, the boundary between useless and useful is thin at times; yeah, there may be facts and bits and pieces of info, that rarely get used; but then, no one really knows the capacity of our brain to hold the information. General consensus seems to be that the capacity is limited, and that the limit can be reached, although there are theories stating that people remember everything but they just don't have access to that info - or at least the access is not an easy one.
knowing and learning those "useful facts" is a workout for brain and that is a good thing.
OTOH, what helps us to be more productive - knowing the facts, or having good skills in searching. Of course, we're not always "connected", but this becomes less and less of a problem.
OK, here's a sort of definition, then: "useful information" is information, that has high potential in helping us to survive and thrive, when there's no access to the information storage of any kind.
09-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #10273
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
I haven't yet worked out my point/opinion on "useless information". I mean, the boundary between useless and useful is thin at times; yeah, there may be facts and bits and pieces of info, that rarely get used; but then, no one really knows the capacity of our brain to hold the information. General consensus seems to be that the capacity is limited, and that the limit can be reached, although there are theories stating that people remember everything but they just don't have access to that info - or at least the access is not an easy one.
knowing and learning those "useful facts" is a workout for brain and that is a good thing.
OTOH, what helps us to be more productive - knowing the facts, or having good skills in searching. Of course, we're not always "connected", but this becomes less and less of a problem.
OK, here's a sort of definition, then: "useful information" is information, that has high potential in helping us to survive and thrive, when there's no access to the information storage of any kind.
Well said! I didn't understand most of it so it must be accurate!

Useless information in my household is anything my wife has no interest in.

Now on a totally unrelated note, there will be lots of noise and more than a few threats of public hari kari (mis-spelled) from the FF crowd since the Photokina announcement posted on the home page! Might even have a few jumpers!
09-15-2014, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #10274
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote

I know nuthin' ... and tomorrow morning I be havin' Alan's psychedelic breakfast ... mmmm.

09-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #10275

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
I didn't understand most of it so it must be accurate!
actually, this is a very classy way to say that I need to work on my English skills..