Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #10276
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Alan's psychedelic breakfast
Photo looks like it was taken with a floppy mirrored k-3 by someone who smoked weed with Willie again!

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
actually, this is a very classy way to say that I need to work on my English skills..
Fooled me, I bought it!

09-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #10277
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You can never anticipate what people may or may not know... For a 18 months I taught people with IQ's of 60-80. You might think other people are smarter than they are, to which I'd respond, "well sometimes". Even those guys will end up knowing some stuff you don't. There's so much stuff out there, there's a little bit of knowledge somewhere, that someone can master, so that everyone has their area of expertise. It might be only one small part of the puzzle...but they're still king of that one small part.
That is why I like talking to a variety of people. It is not that I think any particular one of them is completely right but rather that I need to hear all in order to construct my consolidated view of the matters discussed.
09-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #10278
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
That is why I like talking to a variety of people. It is not that I think any particular one of them is completely right but rather that I need to hear all in order to construct my consolidated view of the matters discussed.
Oh. I discuss mostly with myself. In order to avoid disagreement. Most of the time I fail.
09-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #10279
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Oh. I discuss mostly with myself. In order to avoid disagreement. Most of the time I fail.
That is so sad. I usually win some sort of consensus, but only after bloodshed.

Steve

09-15-2014, 05:03 PM - 2 Likes   #10280
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I will often bounce my brilliance off my wife for validation. These ideas float in the air like a little child's bubbles blown in the sunshine. They also last just about as long, burst by the rapier wit of the distaff side.
09-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #10281
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I will often bounce my brilliance off my wife for validation. These ideas float in the air like a little child's bubbles blown in the sunshine. They also last just about as long, burst by the rapier wit of the distaff side.
Yep. When when I get to feeling too self confident, too good about my ideas, I submit them to the War Department for final disapproval.
09-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #10282
Veteran Member

What happened? Everybody get chased away by the angry FF mob? And you guys thought I was nuts for having a bunker fulls of goodies!!

09-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #10283

there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, and "extreme disappointment" all over the PentaxForums (actually, business as usual, nothing out of ordinary.. )
09-16-2014, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #10284
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This place and the Film Forum are the only two places of peace and harmony on the planet.
09-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #10285
Veteran Member

ive had my tear ducts surgically removed and my soul desiccated after 3 divorces. there is no weeping here.
09-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #10286
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, and "extreme disappointment" all over the PentaxForums (actually, business as usual, nothing out of ordinary.. )
All I gotta say is I don't plan on being anywhere near any pentax forum, manufacturing building or office when 2015 comes and goes with no FF to be seen!

I was around year after year when the promised 645 digital failed to materialize and it was not pretty at all.

EDIT - Course, if it does show I'll be near the head of the line for a pre-order.
09-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #10287
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
All I gotta say is I don't plan on being anywhere near any pentax forum, manufacturing building or office when 2015 comes and goes with no FF to be seen!

I was around year after year when the promised 645 digital failed to materialize and it was not pretty at all.

EDIT - Course, if it does show I'll be near the head of the line for a pre-order.
Aw heck. DO It.

Don't be sellin' yer good lenses, pard. And plan on keeping $2,800 or so in yer jeans until about August.

That'll teach me to EDIT a post that's being quoted by the Thread Monitor.

Last edited by monochrome; 09-16-2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: I dunno. I just thought twice, I guess
09-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #10288
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
All I gotta say is I don't plan on being anywhere near any pentax forum, manufacturing building or office when 2015 comes and goes with no FF to be seen
Me either. I think my Internet connection will be down that day.
OTH, you know what they say about train wrecks. You don't want to look, but can't help it.
09-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #10289
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Don't be sellin' yer good lenses, pard. And plan on keeping $2,800 or so in yer jeans until about August.
For the last few months I've been considering selling my 31Ltd, but I can't bring myself to do it. I just know the perfect body for it is just around the corner. (Right?)
Oh crap! I just made a photography releated post in this thread. My sincere apologies......
09-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #10290
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Me either. I think my Internet connection will be down that day.
OTH, you know what they say about train wrecks. You don't want to look, but can't help it.
I just did a Browse New Posts. That entire rumor flurry seems to have fizzled out in just four hours.

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
For the last few months I've been considering selling my 31Ltd, but I can't bring myself to do it. I just know the perfect body for it is just around the corner. (Right?)
Oh crap! I just made a photography releated post in this thread. My sincere apologies......
Well, I think I started it. Wait - No I didn't - even this thread is subject to that variant of Godwin's Law.

Stamp it out now!!
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »