Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
09-27-2014, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #10576
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Stop calling me Shirley or else I am going to start grading certain persons' French ...
Je suis desole mais M. Job n'ai pas ajoute les accents agus pour mon iPad. And I was not referring to you; I was being sensible to the feelings of Mrs. Racer, Racer's accountant.
Pardonnez-moi. Ou M. Job.
(To the moderator:- I was actually referring to M. Poitiers but I understand that life can be difficult for people with Dissasociative Identity Disorder and I was hoping not to upset him)

Last edited by jac; 09-27-2014 at 12:05 PM.
09-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #10577
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Je suis desole mais M. Job n'ai pas ajoute les accents agus pour mon iPad. And I was not referring to you; I was being sensible to the feelings of Mrs. Racer, Racer's accountant.
Pardonnez-moi. Ou M. Job.
(To the moderator:- I was actually referring to M. Poitiers but I understand that life can be difficult for people with Dissasociative Identity Disorder and I was hoping not to upset him)

Sure ... blame it on a dead American entrepreneurial hero.

I'm too bloated to be very witty at the moment ... We all went out to the Chinese buffet and I stuffed my face with Nems, shrimp and frog legs +++ .... Mmmm !!! But I'm paying the price now ...

My bed is calling, so say "Bonne nuit, Gracie."
09-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #10578
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sure ... blame it on a dead American entrepreneurial hero.

I'm too bloated to be very witty at the moment ... We all went out to the Chinese buffet and I stuffed my face with Nems, shrimp and frog legs +++ .... Mmmm !!! But I'm paying the price now ...

Bonne nuit, Jean. And please say goodnight to Shirley for me.
09-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #10579
Pentaxian

Bonne nuit, Jean. And please say goodnight to Shirley for me.

09-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #10580
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Who's this Gracie? Racer X or jac??

Anyway... Good night!
09-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #10581
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

...and so, after almost a year of life the thread participants bid each other a pleasant good night and the thread is at rest...
09-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #10582
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
No way this one will ever be at rest.

09-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #10583
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
a post was recently made to a thread on the FF Forum that The Princesses are 'Discontinued' at Digital Rev
Digital Rev? Isn't that the same place that shows the DA 50/1.8 available as Pre-Order?

Steve
09-29-2014, 04:23 AM   #10584
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...and so, after almost a year of life the thread participants bid each other a pleasant good night and the thread is at rest...
There were no posts for twenty-four hours. I thought maybe everyone was sleeping with .... Um ... at the same time .... as Shirley.
09-29-2014, 04:43 AM   #10585
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

There were no posts for twenty-four hours. I thought maybe everyone was sleeping with .... Um ... at the same time .... as Shirley.
Now now, Gracie, not everybody sleeps 24 hours a day. I know there are cultural differences, but really...
09-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #10586
Pentaxian

[ yawn ] Stop calling me Shirley [ yawn ]
09-29-2014, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #10587
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm thinking this thread is more like the Waltons. The end of every episode everyone says "goodnight Johnboy" but you know it's not over! There is more to come the next day! And since that show ran for like a decade, I see the same from this!! I expect in 2024 some newbie is going to post " what the (bleep) is a K-3 and why does everyone hate it so?"
09-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #10588
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Sir: You have been around here long enough to remember (from the old days) that a 300 word essay is a Sunday afternoon post for me.
Don't worry you get stuck I'll help you write it. As everyone knows I am nothing but verbose. 300 words? No problem. That's maybe 5 minutes work for me, snicker....

As for why I didn't post much last night, I was busy gluing yet more tiny AB crystals to the white Oly, and no, I'm still not quite done. I've got 2 more packs to glue on that one at least. I'm getting there though. I'm about 9/10 done with the white one and I completely finished the chrome one last night. It's taken me a lot more time than I ever thought it would to do this. I'm beginning to understand why they charge 1K and up for one of these when it's done by some couture designer. It takes a lot more time and crystals than you'd ever think. I'm not even trying to bling the whole camera, just the front panels to where the sides start. It's taken me forever to get this far. They look great when they are on there and dry, but when it comes to working with them I definitely prefer the stick on junk crystals to working with the real thing. It's so much easier and faster than using real Swarovski and fussing with the E6000 glue...

Last edited by magkelly; 09-29-2014 at 08:12 AM.
09-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #10589
Pentaxian

Mags, we went up to the circus a couple of weeks ago and the family sitting behind us had a nice shiny red K-30 clickin' away. Thought of you, and was sitting there picturing it all blinged up!

Jim
09-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #10590
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
I'm thinking this thread is more like the Waltons. The end of every episode everyone says "goodnight Johnboy" but you know it's not over! There is more to come the next day! And since that show ran for like a decade, I see the same from this!! I expect in 2024 some newbie is going to post " what the (bleep) is a K-3 and why does everyone hate it so?"
Hey ... "Johnboy" ... that's pretty close there to home. Surely, I am "Jean" and a boy ...

So, stop calling me Shirley !!!