Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #10591
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Mags, we went up to the circus a couple of weeks ago and the family sitting behind us had a nice shiny red K-30 clickin' away. Thought of you, and was sitting there picturing it all blinged up!

Jim

Wait till you see what I did with the white one, grin...

09-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #10592
Site Supporter

There can be money in bling, it seems...

Pentax K M Crystal Extravagantes Design Hier Die Nummer 1 OVP Neuware | eBay
09-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #10593
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Hey ... "Johnboy" ... that's pretty close there to home. Surely, I am "Jean" and a boy ...

So, stop calling me Shirley !!!
Okay, Shirley Jeanboy, whatever you say... G'night!

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Wait till you see what I did with the white one, grin...
If it's done we want pics!

Jim
09-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #10594
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote

... and it's only 2,499.99€ !!!

A Shirley DSLR ... Stop it ! Stop it !!!

09-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #10595

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
Pentax is a name (niche like Fuji) in the real world of photos Ricoh still not (just for making a copy) SO CIEPE IT its had a value in all this years
09-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #10596
Veteran Member

OMG, this thread is still going!?
ROFL
09-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #10597
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Of course. Why does that surprise you? confused2

09-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #10598
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
ROFL
Much like life itself.

And I wouldn't want to challenge status quo - on either account.

09-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #10599
Veteran Member

What does a person have to do to get this thread closed?

Should we start bashing Adorama? Threads seemed to get closed pretty quickly when people do that.

09-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #10600
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by peejazz2 Quote
Pentax is a name (niche like Fuji) in the real world of photos Ricoh still not (just for making a copy) SO CIEPE IT its had a value in all this years
Today's topic is not the K-3. It is camera bling, Johnboy, Jeanboy and as always food. So what's your opinion on taking bacon to photo shoots?
09-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #10601
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Today's topic is not the K-3. It is camera bling, Johnboy, Jeanboy and as always food. So what's your opinion on taking bacon to photo shoots?
Bacon flavoured popcorn. I want bacon flavoured popcorn, dammit!
09-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #10602
Veteran Member

That's the one I saw before. I had no idea it was for sale. 3K? Wow...My K-30 doesn't look that good. It's not got Swarovski just regular phone bling. Doing actual Swarovski on my Oly's was hard enough. Doing it all over like that on a DSLR? That would take a month of nights working, seriously. I'm definitely not that big of a glutton for punishment. :P
09-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #10603
Pentaxian

Bacon flavoured popcorn. I want bacon flavoured popcorn, dammit!
Which variety? See Bacon Popcorn on Pinterest
09-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #10604
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
If it's done we want pics! Jim
Almost. It's about 98% blinged. I'm just waiting for the resin top coat on the little polymer skulls I made to cure. It takes a couple of days. It's been raining off and on so it's being slow to cure. It's needed for the polymer stuff to be able to handle weather, handling etc. I can't put them on the camera until it's fully dry. Also I need some more E6000 glue to stick them on with. I used the last of it up last night doing the Oly's. It's the only thing that makes them stick. I'm waiting on a tube of that and the last two things of crystals for my white Oly. I ordered them. I can't make another trip to the craft store this week. Too much going on. Dad's got several appts this week. My time is not my own.

They should be here Friday or Saturday. I'll put them on and take pics then. Don't worry I'm planning on taking pics. I've been putting some serious work into these. I'll definitely want to show them off. The K-30 White is done up in evil grin skulls and black and clear resin bling crystals. I've got the rocker B&W striped strap on it for now though I also have other straps that would go well. I have a black snakeskin strap too. Tried that, it looks really good too so I might alternate with that one. Ruby looks great on the rocker strap or the red snake strap though I like the red one on the little chrome and red bling Oly too. The white Oly is getting the yellow green croc strap. It matches all that AB crystal rather well I think.

I like how they're all coming out. I definitely won't be hiding these though. Heads will turn, people will see these cams coming, that's for sure, laugh. I'm already causing comment at the local craft stores. Every time I go in for more bling they're all "Let me see! Oh that's looking awesome!" I've gotten lots of encouragement to keep at it. A good thing because it's not been an easy task working with the Swarovsky and E6000. If I had known it was going to be this hard? Cost so much? I might not have started. I'm glad I did it. When it's done I think I'll enjoy it a lot but this was definitely a much bigger and far more costly project than I ever realized it would be.

FYI, I've put at least $40 worth of crystals on each Oly so far. I'll probably do $60 at least on the white Oly before I am done. The resin phone bling for the K-30's was far cheaper. If I had done the DSLR's? It would have cost me at least $150-200 per camera, no kidding. Those little packages of Austrian crystals are costly and they don't cover near as much space as you might think. I've been buying mine online and usually on sale, but still it cost me at least 3X what I thought it would when I decided to do this.

Definitely bit more off than I could chew with this one. I'll be glad when it's all done. It's been a wee bit hard on my budget even with the sale coupons...

Last edited by magkelly; 09-29-2014 at 02:22 PM.
09-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #10605
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
It's about 98% blinged
Did you record the process? This could turn into a DIY article. Show others the possibilities!