Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108808 Likes Search this Thread
10-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #10771
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That stuff is dangerous. Years ago I had an acquaintance who drank scotch and water. I told him he shouldn't do that, but he wouldn't listen. One Friday night he had had a few too many so, as he always did on such occasions, he left his car parked and walked home. When he cut through the neighbor's back yard he tripped, fell in the pool and drowned. It wasn't the scotch that killed him, it was the water!

10-09-2014, 09:55 AM - 3 Likes   #10772
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Just to remind ourselves once more why we're here (in addition to fight the hociR's reckless abuse of dihydrogenmonoxide) I will, once more, quote the Original Post that sparked off this here thread.

Since my language skills are somewhat lacking when it comes to variants of the English language (and about 6000 other languages), I have sought the help of The Dialectizer to make the message more recognizable for the present audience.

I especially like the Mod disclaimer.

QuoteQuote:
whuffo' ah won't buy a k3 (Warnin': Satire Thread)
ah have been waitin' fo' th' announcement of th' k3 fo' some time.Now thet th' camera is out an' seein' th' pics an' seein' "ricoh on th' back of th' screen turns me off.Only a matter of time befo'e we see Ricoh on th' front of th' camera.ah reckon ricoh jest shot themselves in th' foot.Mah reasonin' behind this hyar is ah make a livin' in photography.ah shoot lotsa weddin's an' It seems mo'e varmints ax on whut camera I'am usin'.ah have had quite a few varmints turn me down on account o' ah shoot wif pentax.They jest knows canon an' nikon, as enny fool kin plainly see.ah l was turned down on other majo' spo'tin' events on account o' ah shoot wif Pentax.This hyar all happened a few years back an' ah will admit thet some varmints is startin' t'reckanize thet pentax kin keep up wif th' trimenjus guys.Eff'n Ricoh puts their name in front of th' camera ah feel it will throw them back t'th' dark ages..I'am quite happy wif mah k5s an' all mah pentax glass an' will corntinue t'shoot pentax,but hesitatin' t'by noo equippment on account o' of this hyar matter.ah do also own nikon an' kinon slr's but I'am a pentaxian an' as long as it says Pentax on th' front of th' camera I'am happy.

Mod disclaimer: this hyar thread has turned into a hoomrus discusshun an' it no longer reflecks facks about th' Pentax K-3 DSLR. Enter an' post atchar own risk, an' haf fun! Fry mah hide!
10-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #10773
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

10-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #10774
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Ditto !!!

10-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #10775
Veteran Member

savoche wins today's left-over Tim Horton's nut sprinkled do-nut.
10-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #10776
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
savoche wins today's left-over Tim Horton's nut sprinkled do-nut.
I second that nomination ... along with a Super-Takumar 8 element 50/1.4 as a normal lens. What a funny competition ... the high-lander lens
10-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #10777
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Mod disclaimer: this hyar thread has turned into a hoomrus discusshun an' it no longer reflecks facks about th' Pentax K-3 DSLR. Enter an' post atchar own risk, an' haf fun! Fry mah hide!
Now it makes sense!!!

10-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #10778
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
it is clearly a plot of the live hociR!
...and undoubtedly supported by the FF Magisterium as well!!!

Steve

---------- Post added 10-09-14 at 02:26 PM ----------

I read on a recent post that the K-3 is prone to colic. Why Pentax continues to sell colicky cameras is unknown and unacceptable in 2014.

Steve
10-10-2014, 04:20 AM   #10779
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Just to remind ourselves once more why we're here (in addition to fight the hociR's reckless abuse of dihydrogenmonoxide) I will, once more, quote the Original Post that sparked off this here thread.
Dihydrogenmonoxide.

Very dangerous stuff . . . . .

Since my language skills are somewhat lacking when it comes to variants of the English language (and about 6000 other languages),
For someone whose primary language is not English you do very well!

I have sought the help of The Dialectizer to make the message more recognizable for the present audience.
What a great resource! Now I will be able to communicate with an entirely new audience. This is better than Google Translate.

I especially like the Mod disclaimer.
Oh yeah!

QuoteQuote:
Quote: whuffo' ah won't buy a k3 (Warnin': Satire Thread)
ah have been waitin' fo' th' announcement of th' k3 fo' some time.Now thet th' camera is out an' seein' th' pics an' seein' "ricoh on th' back of th' screen turns me off.Only a matter of time befo'e we see Ricoh on th' front of th' camera.ah reckon ricoh jest shot themselves in th' foot.Mah reasonin' behind this hyar is ah make a livin' in photography.ah shoot lotsa weddin's an' It seems mo'e varmints ax on whut camera I'am usin'.ah have had quite a few varmints turn me down on account o' ah shoot wif pentax.They jest knows canon an' nikon, as enny fool kin plainly see.ah l was turned down on other majo' spo'tin' events on account o' ah shoot wif Pentax.This hyar all happened a few years back an' ah will admit thet some varmints is startin' t'reckanize thet pentax kin keep up wif th' trimenjus guys.Eff'noh puts their name in front of th' camera ah feel it will throw them back t'th' dark ages..I'am quite happy wif mah k5s an' all mah pentax glass an' will corntinue t'shoot pentax,but hesitatin' t'by noo equippment on account o' of this hyar matter.ah do also own nikon an' kinon slr's but I'am a pentaxian an' as long as it says Pentax on th' front of th' camera I'am happy.

Priceless.
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Ditto !!!
Tritto!
10-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #10780
Veteran Member

Quick nonsensical question because I am curious never having had one of their donuts. They don't have them here. Are the Horton donuts light and fluffy and a bit too sweet like KK or more dense and less sweet like DD? I'm more of a DD person than a KK person. I don't like my donuts as light an airy as KK makes them. I like them with a bit of heft. Which way do the Horton donuts go?
10-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #10781
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Are the Horton donuts light and fluffy and a bit too sweet like KK
My understanding after conversations with my Canadian friends is that Horton's coffee and donuts are both pretty much generic quality. I may still sample on my next trip to BC though.

Steve
10-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #10782
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
since we're talking about dangerous chemicals: dihydromonoxide.
I mean, it's everywhere, it's fatal when inhaled in larger amounts, it's used as universal solvent, GMO products contain it in large quantities, it's widely used in heavy industries and nuclear reactors as a coolant, I mean, where does it stop? The pollution levels are so high right now that it's detectable in the very air we're breathing. There are literally a couple of areas in US now, where the pollution levels are still relatively low [it has to be noted: industrial development in these areas is practically non-existing, coincidence, may I ask?]. Mind you, corporations freely admit usage of this chemical in manufacturing of their products, and the government doesn't even bat an eye!

it is clearly a plot of the live hociR!
You forgot this important link that documents that, even though it might come as a surprise to a lot here, we are not alone in our struggles to limit the mayhem caused by the livE hociR.
And don't forget the Acme Klein Bottle!

10-10-2014, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #10783
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
And don't forget the Acme Klein Bottle!
Looks like what's now legally sold in Colorado!
10-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #10784
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Yaaaaawwwn. ZZZZZZZZ.
10-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #10785
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Looks like what's now legally sold in Colorado!
Not sure about paraphernalia, but even in Washington nature's bounty is being sold, in a manner similar to alcohol. Certainly the tide is changing regarding this, and time will tell how it all shakes out.

But now I suspect discussion like this should end, lest we run afoul of the forum guidelines regarding discussion of political nature.