Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2014, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #10861
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
And wasn't Missouri on the side of the Confederacy?
Missouri was a border state.
"In the context of the American Civil War, the border states were slave states that had not declared a secession from the Union (the ones that did so later joined the Confederacy). Four slave states had never declared a secession: Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, and Missouri."

"In Kentucky and Missouri, there were both pro-Confederate and pro-Union governments." *
The politics of Missouri are to this day divided by mid-19th C. sentiments

* Wiki

P.S. My family history here begins in the 17th C. in Maryland, progresses through Virginia in the 18th and much of the 19th, into Kentucky before the war and then to St. Louis in the 20th.

Some would say I am divided, (I have Kentucky antecedents who fought on both sides) but I consider myself a Jeffersonian Democrat (look it up) and intentionally attended The University of Virginia. I've long thought I was born 150 years too late.

Which is why I won't buy a K-3 (A house divided against itself cannot stand).

Last edited by monochrome; 10-18-2014 at 11:21 AM.
10-18-2014, 01:59 PM - 1 Like   #10862
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I won't buy another K-3 because my Ricoh film cameras are crying foul. They say that the K-3 is not a real Ricoh and that its design reflects decades of inferior Pentax technology. I left the K-3 on the shelf next to the XR-2s and the next morning the K-3 was face down in the laundry basket. I tried putting it on the shelf in the upstairs spare room with the rest of the collection. The rangefinders were cool with the idea, but there was mumbling from ALL of the M42 cameras (Pentax included)...something about poor stop-down metering implementation. The next morning I found the K-3 in the Minolta parts box along with the junk ST 102. I think I heard it whimper when I picked it up and also noticed a few scratches next to the viewfinder ocular.

I am thinking that I may need to start keeping the K-3 with me at night, but an not fond of the idea of sharing the sheets with something that will AF down to EV -3. Do any of you have practical advice?

Steve
10-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #10863
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Do any of you have practical advice?

Steve
Bullying behavior is often associated with dominance and, unfortunately, is a natural strategy to achieve social dominance and attractiveness to the opposite sex. It must be punished. Preferably, such punishments should involve social isolation and/or humiliation. Try neutering the Ricohs and Pentaxes by removing their film and/or batteries and threatening to tattoo Canon on their bodies. If this is unsuccessful, get another K3 as a show of faith to your pet.
10-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #10864
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Try neutering the Ricohs and Pentaxes by removing their film and/or batteries and threatening to tattoo Canon on their bodies.
That sounds pretty severe, especially the part about the tattoo. How about a bland diet of Kodak Gold 200?

10-18-2014, 03:44 PM   #10865
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That sounds pretty severe, especially the part about the tattoo. How about a bland diet of Kodak Gold 200?
10-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #10866
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wait a minute... Kodak Gold (the Kalashnikov of color film) has captured most of my keepers in my film days.
The bamboo steps are calling so no time to be distracted by hociR or the fall of the Tokyo...
10-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #10867
Veteran Member

Did anyone else notice that the OP's last post on this forum was the very post that started this thread? I'd say we've all been duped into thinking that he was serious, and we're probably a part of some reality TV show that likes to fuel the fires that create endless entertainment value.

10-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #10868
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well there's a possibility we hadn't considered.
10-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #10869
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
How about a bland diet of Kodak Gold 200?
Use the 400.

And then push it to 1600.
10-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #10870
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
Did anyone else notice that the OP's last post on this forum was the very post that started this thread?
I've mentioned it a few times. Also pointed out that he lurks here occasionally.

I think he is getting a good laugh from it all.

Just like us.

10-19-2014, 08:10 PM - 1 Like   #10871
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
The bamboo steps are calling so no time to be distracted by hociR or the fall of the Tokyo...
Mrs. Racer and I had bamboo installed in our kitchen, dining room, foyer and stairs when we built the Castle By The River 6 years ago.

I love the stuff. It is solid (well, laminated layers of nothing but) bamboo. Dimensionally stable, durable, and beautiful. I would like to cover all the floors that are not covered in wall to wall carpet with it, and even reduce some of the carpeted areas in favor of it..

Maybe someday the Finance Mistress will authorize the expenses for it . . . . . . .
10-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #10872
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Anyone thought that maybe OP is a second account for someone who is participating in this circus?
10-20-2014, 04:06 AM   #10873
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Anyone thought that maybe OP is a second account for someone who is participating in this circus?
Posting under a second account is usually detectable by the IP address of the person doing so, and contrary to the forum rules.

But if a person wanted to go to the trouble of spoofing their IP address it is entirely possible.
10-20-2014, 05:16 AM - 1 Like   #10874
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
We've looked into that. It's not the case. I think he made a legitimate post, edited it the next day in an attempt at damage control; but several pages in the thread derailed, plunged over an embankment, and has yet to hit the bottom.

Last edited by Parallax; 10-22-2014 at 03:09 PM.
10-20-2014, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #10875
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am standing by the theory of kidnapping by squirrels! He's tied up in his basement, and they have his sign on! hey just haven't figured out how to post anything yet. Probably feeding him hociR brand dog food too!

How else do you think Otis's squirrel army is funded? hociR is funding operations!

And that is why I will never buy a K-3! Although the K-50 deal is really REALLY good!! Must resist!!