Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2014, 03:18 AM   #10906
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by peejazz2 Quote
remember folks before Ricoh (3 years ago) it was Hoya (glasses -filters) that was the owner of the brandname Pentax now we have a camera brand again so whats the problem?
Did you miss the part in the title where it said "Satire?"

Welcome to the forum.... :P

10-22-2014, 04:42 AM   #10907
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Speaking of bullies, does anyone want a wild and far too full of himself Red Point Siamese boy cat? My girl and I are having major second thoughts about this whole adopting another cat thing lately. Loki has been driving her absolutely mad this week and he's been really abusing his person besides. I have multiple war wounds to prove it. I'm practically taking stock in neosporin this past week. He was doing so well too...

I'm taking him to the vet next week if he doesn't settle back down. I really hate to resort to chemicals but I am about there. Honestly, this cat needs to be on prozac or something. Feliway and that, it's just not cutting it. He's just evil to be around sometimes. I'm about to find a farm to throw him at. I love the little sh- I really do, but if this cat was a man I'd have bounced him out of my life 10X over by now. He's needy, overly attached, jealous, demanding and physically abusive! It's like living with Jekyll and Hyde kitty. I never know whether he's going to be my sweet loving boy or one mean bully Tom.

This cat IS fixed but you'd never know it from his bad attitude. I'm very tempted sometimes to actually let him outside to meet the neighborhood Toms. They'd cut his petite little dominant arse down to size in no time flat and teach him some humility. He has NO idea of what it's really like out there. He thinks he's King of the World. But those Toms might give him kitty AIDS/Leukemia etc and/or Mr Coyote or the Hawks might get him and I could not handle that. It would break my heart, sigh....

Lily is really losing her tolerance though and so am I. If I had known what I know now when I first saw him? I swear I'd have kept on walking. This whole Siamese/Red Tabby cross thing? It's just been brutal and from what I've read? He could be like this for another year or two yet as Siamese males can take a while to develop into full adulthood. At the rate he's going he may not live that long. The Queen of Hel, just may finish him off one of these days before I can stop her. Herself has been far more "Lilith" than "Lily" lately and I'm honestly afraid that if he keeps it up for much longer she just might lose it and seriously hurt him. Lil really does not like being pushed around by what she sees as a big, impudent kitten. She's been very tolerant considering, but she's no docile kitty herself and on of these days I think he's going to push her into displaying some real aggression herself. She's smacked him down pretty good several times this week sans claws, knocked him right off a bookcase last night. But he just keeps coming back for more the foolish little beast. I'd love to think they're just playing but Lil is cursing the air blue practically and I really think NOT....

I guess I should take solace in the fact that there's no blood flying, at least not with them anyway. Me, on the other hand, the little brat loves tear into when he can't tear into her. He's got a good case of misplaced aggression I think. I've tried all the usual training methods, but they're not working very well on him. This cat he takes those tiger stripes of his way too seriously. The only way I can deal with them when it gets too serious is to separate them, and give him a time out, which she needs but he hates. But the end result of that is he gets mad at me and the next thing you know he's taking it out on me instead of her! I hate to resort to drugs but I'm really thinking this cat might need some. He's a bit mental this cat. He is SO aptly named, groan....
Pack him in a box and ship him out my way.

I live in the country and he can roam and hunt all he likes.

That is if the eagles, hawks or owls don't get him . . . . . . . .
10-22-2014, 06:08 AM   #10908
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Did you miss the part in the title where it said "Satire?"

Welcome to the forum.... :P
Wonder if one missed the title word of " Warning: " ...

Welcome to the clubhouse. The secret handshake "how to" video will be sent soon.
10-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #10909
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What to do if you are an internet drama queen . . . . . .

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
And your point is?????????????????????
My point is, I thought you should know.

And then there's this one.

I had a BLT. Without the B. And there was no L in the fridge. Come to think of it there was no T either. And I never did find the endpieces either. Guess I didn't really have one. But it would have tasted good. That I am sure of. I think.

Hank Kimball

Shoot, let's just go re-read the entire thread for old times' sake. Only 11 pages!! *

* we can stop it now

10-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #10910
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We had some good fireworks once when the enormous pile of empty wood ammo crates we had been instructed to take to the rifle range and burn turned out not to be entirely empty.
That reminds me of when my dad burned a bag of trash in the fireplace that contained a box of rifle ammunition. The whole family was in the room and we all hit the floor when the fireworks started. Fortunately, it was the casings that were flying and not the bullets themselves!

Steve

---------- Post added 10-22-14 at 12:16 PM ----------

remember folks before Ricoh (3 years ago) it was Hoya (glasses -filters) that was the owner of the brandname Pentax now we have a camera brand again so whats the problem?
Ricoh did not bring bacon to the party.

Steve
10-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #10911
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Less than a hundred to go for another thousand.
The moral of this thread? Never underestimate the power of negative thinking.
10-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #10912
Pentaxian

Less than a hundred to go for another thousand.
The moral of this thread? Never underestimate the power of negative thinking.
Negative?!? Most of us are positive (about various foods, the fate of Tokyo, and the doom awaiting those who get the hociR)

(Another) Jim

10-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #10913
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Negative?!?
I was referring to the OP. Well, mostly.
10-22-2014, 04:42 PM - 1 Like   #10914
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Start at the OP, then read ALL of the posts and come back...
10-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #10915
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Forgive me, but the hociR is strong and it is winning. The latest price drop has been too much to resist. I am going to get one. I guess that this gets me banned from this thread. Sorry for my weakness. I could only resist for so long.
10-22-2014, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #10916
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Shoot, let's just go re-read the entire thread for old times' sake. Only 11 pages!! *

* we can stop it now
Has a ways to go before it can match this Behemoth.
10-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #10917
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I guess that this gets me banned from this thread.
You wish... This is a vortex thread that you cant get a way from
10-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #10918
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Right. The punishment for buying a K-3 is he has to double his participation here.
10-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #10919
Pentaxian

I think I may to print this thing.

Nobody will believe me if I tell them and they really don't use a computer much back home. They did buy one a while back. Its set up on the desk but it has a bit of dust one it. I haven't looked in a while but I think it says PC Unlimited 286 AT on the front. Needless to say it never caught on too big with the folks. Not like that home theater thingie.
10-22-2014, 09:05 PM - 1 Like   #10920
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Right. The punishment for buying a K-3 is he has to double his participation here.
Okay, here is my second post of the day.

Goodnight all.