Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #11386
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,444
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Speaking of bacon, this totally impressed the heck out of me. I'm so going to have to try this. LOL

Bacon Roses
Some people have too much time on their hands ... ha!

11-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #11387
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,467
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yeah, I noticed that and was not 100% sure what brand it was, etc.
Vivitar model 24


Steve
11-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #11388
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,463
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Speaking of bacon, this totally impressed the heck out of me. I'm so going to have to try this. LOL

Bacon Roses
Mmmm . . . . . . tasty!

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Some people have too much time on their hands ... ha!
I dunno Jean, I think that it is a great way to show that someone special your love and then be able to eat the symbol of your affections.

Try it!
11-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #11389
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,463
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Yep, I think I got the deal of the week anyway. I seriously thought about calling the guy and walking him through getting at least Open Office for free. The text wrapping was super annoying.
I have been trying to get the secretary of our homeowners association to get Open Office for 10 years.

She always makes excuses like she doesn't have time, she is not able to find it, etc. The one that really gets me is when she says it costs too much.

Wait.

What?

Costs too much?

It is FREE!

How much cheaper can it be?

Some people.

Sheesh!

11-14-2014, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #11390
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,444
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
...I dunno Jean, I think that it is a great way to show that someone special your love and then be able to eat the symbol of your affections.

Try it!
Maybe ... but I know that Flo would have a "French fit" if I drilled holes in her muffin pan(s)
11-14-2014, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #11391
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Overland Park, KS via North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 165
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Speaking of bacon, this totally impressed the heck out of me. I'm so going to have to try this. LOL

Bacon Roses




Anything with bacon that needs a power drill to cook it has got to taste good!
11-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #11392
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,279
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I have been trying to get the secretary of our homeowners association to get Open Office for 10 years.

She always makes excuses like she doesn't have time, she is not able to find it, etc. The one that really gets me is when she says it costs too much.

Wait.

What?

Costs too much?

It is FREE!

How much cheaper can it be?

Some people.

Sheesh!
Just like when I used to do tech support on engines and would want to tell people to put down the wrench and back away from the engine with computers I want to tell people to delete system 32 and then they wont have to worry about it for a bit. There are some people who shouldn't be allowed near technology of different types.
11-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #11393
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wangaratta, Victoria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,095
I tried Open Office once.
Their were some functions in Excel that I used all the time which were just not available in the Open Office spreadsheet, so it just wouldn't work for me. I was pretty disappointed at the time. It probably has all the functions now, but I'm past it!


btw Where is Mark Jerling? SA lost the cricket and Mark has gone AWL (AWOL for the yanks).

11-14-2014, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #11394
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,279
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I tried Open Office once.
Their were some functions in Excel that I used all the time which were just not available in the Open Office spreadsheet, so it just wouldn't work for me. I was pretty disappointed at the time. It probably has all the functions now, but I'm past it!


btw Where is Mark Jerling? SA lost the cricket and Mark has gone AWL (AWOL for the yanks).
Why are they losing crickets? I wouldn't do that if I were them because they are noisy and if you keep them they make great fish bait.
11-14-2014, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #11395
Site Supporter
waterfall's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Minnesota
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,769
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Why are they losing crickets? I wouldn't do that if I were them because they are noisy and if you keep them they make great fish bait.
Plus they double as thermometers! Number of cricket chirps per minute divided by Planck Constant, multiplied by earth circumference measured in bacon strips = ambient temperature expressed in degrees K.
11-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #11396
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,888
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Remember that thing that shall not be named which I paid 550 for BNIB? Well, it arrived, wrapped in bubble wrap to my PO Box. It had the 540 flash, the grip, and the camera BNIB and a note about it being a gift, but he was a Canon guy so didn't want it and wanted the money for a lens. Had a receipt too. Think if I buy an extended warranty (it is less than 30 days from original purchase) it will go on this? If not I am not worried, I'll simply have some bacon instead.
Isn't that taking advantage of those less fortunate?! That's just so immoral I have to like it!

Jeepers, I need a vacation... Ah that's right - I'm going on one now
11-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #11397
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,467
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Plus they double as thermometers! Number of cricket chirps per minute divided by Planck Constant, multiplied by earth circumference measured in bacon strips = ambient temperature expressed in degrees K.
We don't do equivalence here...


Steve
11-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #11398
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,293
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
expressed in degrees K.
I prefer the Rankine scale.
11-14-2014, 04:17 PM   #11399
jac
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada
Posts: 2,363
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Why are they losing crickets? .
They're eating' 'em

Sautéed Crickets
Serves 4 – 6
Ingredients:
1-2 cups crickets
¼ cup butter
3 cloves garlic
¼ cup chopped scallions
Directions:
Melt butter, add garlic and scallions and sauté for several minutes.

Of course, bacon fat can substitute for butter.
11-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #11400
Site Supporter
waterfall's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Minnesota
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,769
Sautéed crickets added to enchiladas creates chirpy Amigos.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top