Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #11851
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That's a spork, one of those horrible camping inventions deigned to be a one piece of silverware to replace 3. Like it's the weight of your silverware that makes your pack heavy....
Is Spam best eaten with a spork ?!

"Spork, spork, spork, spork, Spam, spam, spam, spam, Spork, spork, spork, spork, Spam, spam, spam, spam, Spork, spork, spork, spork, etc." ... Modified Monty Python lyrics

12-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #11852
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Like it's the weight of your silverware that makes your pack heavy....
Well you can't cut back on the wine and cheese!
12-06-2014, 01:50 PM - 1 Like   #11853
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CarlG Quote
Highly logical? That's not relevant for this thread. This thread is about lutefisk and bacon.
Unbeknownst to most posters here, this thread is actually a source stream for creating a new logic paradigm, to be used in programming artificial humans. The results of this work will be available by the mid-22nd century. Please standby.

Your world may vary.
12-06-2014, 02:47 PM   #11854
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42:
The results of this work will be available by the mid-22nd century.
We're actually there already.. Haven't you noticed the time warp? Messages from our Anzac buddies are written 15 hours in future. It's already 6:45 AM in Oz.

12-06-2014, 03:33 PM - 1 Like   #11855

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
So, that's you when you did the WWII bomber flight ... what's was it again, a B-__ ?! J
Mitchell B25.

One of the most memorable things in my life to date. The Mitchell flies and handles very well, much more easy than the light planes I have flown. I mentioned this to the guy I was flying with (a FedEx pilot who takes vacation and donates his time to the Collings Foundation which currently owns the plane). He said that the size of the control surfaces, and the compound pulley cable control system were largely responsible for the light and easy feel of the rudder, elevator and ailerons.

The twin radial engines are very powerful. When we throttled up on the takeoff roll the acceleration force reminded me of that I have experienced in high horsepower American muscle cars and racing cars I have driven. Even while flying when I asked to see just how fast the plane would go and he pushed the throttles forward the acceleration was huge.

I still need to get a chance at the controls of a P51 Mustang, and a ride in something like an F86 Sabre jet too!
12-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #11856

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
My apols.
No need, no offence was taken!

Hypocrite was a bit harsh, perhaps.
It's all good!

(That's not Brand X painted on the plane I suppose?)
No, the nose art on that plane was to represent the character Tondelayo played by Hedy Lamar in the 1942 film White Cargo.

The plane in this photo with me is actually not the original Tondelayo. It is a B-25J-15/17-NC, Serial Number 44-28932. Delivered to the Army Air Corps too late to see service in the war it was stored at Davis Monthan AFB until sold as surplus in 1958. The plane then saw service as a fire tanker in Alaska until 1966, then was privately owned by Robert P. Schlaefli, Port Orchard, WA from 1966-1984.

The Collings Foundation purchased it in 1985. Painted as "Hoosier Honey" 42-8932, the plane crashed at Minute Man Field, Stowe, MA, on June 10, 1987. It was rebuilt in 2002, repainted to represent "Tondelayo" 41-30669.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The original Tondelayo was a model B-25D-20, serial number 41-30669. That plane saw service in the Southwest Pacific with the 345th Bombardment Group, 500th Bombardment Squadron flying out of first Australia and then New Guinea.

After a period of distinguished service the plane was reassigned as a transport for cargo and personnel. During its last flight bad weather was encountered, and when they ran out of fuel the pilot crash landed it on the beach at Catanduanes Island.

Read about the original Tondelayo here: Pacific Wrecks - B-25D-20 "Tondelayo / Chow Hound" Serial Number 41-30669
12-06-2014, 09:22 PM - 2 Likes   #11857

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Impeccable logic, Dr. Sporck ...
There, fixed!
12-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #11858
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

LOL!

12-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #11859
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ah... hmmmm....

Can you guys, stop posting for a while? I can't keep up. You're all posting faster than I can read. I'm on page 6. Wait for me!
12-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #11860
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drypenn Quote
Ah... hmmmm....

Can you guys, stop posting for a while? I can't keep up. You're all posting faster than I can read. I'm on page 6. Wait for me!
It sounds like you need to take the Evelyln Woodhead Sped Reddin Course.
12-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #11861
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKP06aWPQhg

I'm trying to make notes along the way, hence, the slow progress. See my notes (in diagram below):
Attached Images

12-06-2014, 10:33 PM - 1 Like   #11862
Pentaxian

Page 6?!!!!
You won't be finished before Christmas (and I mean 2015).
Certainly keep on the right side of your notes: - straight ahead is a dead end.

Racer, if I thought you would be offended I would not have posted. (I hope Brand X is not offended either! Is she reading this thread at all lately?)
So the original Tondelayo helped save Oz from the makers of hociR - How the world has changed: in that regard for the better, but not so in lots of other regards.
12-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #11863
Veteran Member

Certainly keep on the right side of your notes: - straight ahead is a dead end.
Yup, I know, the smell of bacon is coming from the right!
12-06-2014, 11:51 PM   #11864

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKP06aWPQhg
And an increase in compression is always good. The higher the compression the more horsepower and torque an engine makes.

Gotta get me some of that Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin stuff!

Uh huh!
12-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #11865

( . . . . . . . Is she reading this thread at all lately?)
I can hardly get her away from the Spider Solitaire game, let alone interested in photography forums!

So the original Tondelayo helped save Oz from the makers of hociR - How the world has changed: in that regard for the better, but not so in lots of other regards.
That's for sure!