Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108794 Likes Search this Thread
12-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #12076
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh, just like that huh! Cricket comes back around and you just dump me after I spill my heart out to you. Fine!! Just remember, Cricket will end, and I won't be there!

---------- Post added 12-09-14 at 11:16 PM ----------

Also- Got your reference, and I cannot go to bed. I'm at work.

12-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #12077
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But I said 'thanks'
12-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #12078
Veteran Member

You're welcome <3
12-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #12079
Veteran Member

I was busy washing my two fleaballs. They both needed a real bath, a blow dry and some flea gel in that order. I found fleas on them both today, in freaking Winter, with the temperature hitting low 50 something at night. Not a flea on them all year and then suddenly in the middle of DECEMBER there's fleas all over the darned place? Guess the monthly pills bit stopped working so back to Advantage II this time. I'm running out of flea prevention alternatives now though. Darn fleas are getting immune to them all or so my vet says. It's been a bad year for them. It's been wet and warm most of it and she says they're just horrible. She's surpised we made it work this long.

My cats the most outdoors they see is sitting in a screened porch. I hate to deprive them of that but I might have to. Lily is highly allergic and so am I. I'm going to have to use diatomaceous earth on the carpets and vacuum this weekend, make sure there's none in the house. I know this is recent because I use the gel or pill every month and I flea comb almost every night besides. I'm always spot checking them. No fleas for either cat for several years until just now and now they're all over. It's like they sprung up overnight. It was just about a month most likely. Last pill obviously did not work at all. So we're off that now. Trying the new formula of Advantage II. There's only one thing I haven't used at this point but that stuff is only available at the vet and is like $15 a month x2 cats, $30. I can't afford that one. She says it's not that great anyway. I'm pissed though. I just hate when my babies get fleas. Particularly Lily as she just goes nuts and practically scratches herself raw. I do everything I can but there's no skipping it completely living here.

I'm just grateful when something keeps them mostly under control. When I was a kid my long haired cat back then she'd get them so bad she'd literally get anemic. There were no gels or pills back then. Only shampoo and powder and spray for the floor that gave me hives. I used to have to give her a bath and powder her every week just to keep her healthy and they would still just come of her in droves. My parents insisted upon letting her roam in the yard no matter what. I finally had a fit about the third time she landed at the vet because of it. They were practically killing her by letting her roam. She was nearly 12 at that point and she nearly died the last time. I made them keep her in after that. We had a huge fight over it but in the end the huge vet bills persuaded them. Advantage it was like a miracle when it came out but now apparently a lot of the fleas have adapted to all of these products and they are scrambling to find new ones. So here I am back to square one, using desiccants, vacuuming, bathing cats and combing them and putting whatever products the vet suggest on them and just hoping for the best, sigh...

12-09-2014, 11:13 PM - 1 Like   #12080
Inactive Account

Monkey with a Leika or Hasselblad...

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.

Mod disclaimer: this thread has turned into a humorous discussion and it no longer reflects facts about the Pentax K-3 DSLR. Enter and post at your own risk, and have fun!
I understand!! Photographers who sell their photos don't really care about the body so long as they can use their old lenses with the new body. Unfortunately, this is not true especially while shooting events. Apparently some selectors are plain idiots who try to equate the capability of a photographer with a specific camera brand he/she carries. I think they may ultimately choose a monkey with a Leika of a Hasselblad!! (and get rewarded appropriately )...
12-09-2014, 11:50 PM   #12081
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by srj1209 Quote
I understand!! Photographers who sell their photos don't really care about the body so long as they can use their old lenses with the new body. Unfortunately, this is not true especially while shooting events. Apparently some selectors are plain idiots who try to equate the capability of a photographer with a specific camera brand he/she carries. I think they may ultimately choose a monkey with a Leika of a Hasselblad!! (and get rewarded appropriately )...
Finally, after a few hundred pages, a reply "on" topic

I actually understand the OP's perspective, but I guess this thread has turned into a humorous take (unintentionally) preempting any potential trolling from... trolls! While I personally feel that his concerns are indeed valid, it is also quite easy to see how trolls flourish especially in such a catchy and tasty "bait" title (just like bacon) .

Maybe, just maybe, had the OP properly worded the thread title, then this thread would have continued differently (sans the fun, of course.)

Anyway, back to regular programming, after bacon, the next best thing is corned beef!!!
12-10-2014, 12:04 AM   #12082
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drypenn Quote
after bacon, the next best thing is corned beef!!!
Agreed! Know what comes next? Pastrami!

12-10-2014, 12:25 AM - 1 Like   #12083
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clarke is out - 7/517
12-10-2014, 01:43 AM   #12084
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe, just maybe, had the OP properly worded the thread title, then this thread would have continued differently (sans the fun, of course.)
This thread is deadly serious and so was the OP. The OP will return and the hociR WILL be thwarted, AND Tokyo will be spared...at least that is our hope.

Steve

(...has the mark of the hociR on right cheek...)
12-10-2014, 02:37 AM   #12085
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Oh, just like that huh! Cricket comes back around and you just dump me after I spill my heart out to you. Fine!! Just remember, Cricket will end, and I won't be there!
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I was busy washing my two fleaballs. They both needed a real bath, a blow dry and some flea gel in that order. I found fleas on them both today, in freaking Winter, with the temperature hitting low 50 something at night. Not a flea on them all year and then suddenly in the middle of DECEMBER there's fleas all over the darned place? Guess the monthly pills bit stopped working so back to Advantage II this time. I'm running out of flea prevention alternatives now though. Darn fleas are getting immune to them all or so my vet says. It's been a bad year for them. It's been wet and warm most of it and she says they're just horrible. She's surpised we made it work this long.

My cats the most outdoors they see is sitting in a screened porch. I hate to deprive them of that but I might have to. Lily is highly allergic and so am I. I'm going to have to use diatomaceous earth on the carpets and vacuum this weekend, make sure there's none in the house. I know this is recent because I use the gel or pill every month and I flea comb almost every night besides. I'm always spot checking them. No fleas for either cat for several years until just now and now they're all over. It's like they sprung up overnight. It was just about a month most likely. Last pill obviously did not work at all. So we're off that now. Trying the new formula of Advantage II. There's only one thing I haven't used at this point but that stuff is only available at the vet and is like $15 a month x2 cats, $30. I can't afford that one. She says it's not that great anyway. I'm pissed though. I just hate when my babies get fleas. Particularly Lily as she just goes nuts and practically scratches herself raw. I do everything I can but there's no skipping it completely living here.

I'm just grateful when something keeps them mostly under control. When I was a kid my long haired cat back then she'd get them so bad she'd literally get anemic. There were no gels or pills back then. Only shampoo and powder and spray for the floor that gave me hives. I used to have to give her a bath and powder her every week just to keep her healthy and they would still just come of her in droves. My parents insisted upon letting her roam in the yard no matter what. I finally had a fit about the third time she landed at the vet because of it. They were practically killing her by letting her roam. She was nearly 12 at that point and she nearly died the last time. I made them keep her in after that. We had a huge fight over it but in the end the huge vet bills persuaded them. Advantage it was like a miracle when it came out but now apparently a lot of the fleas have adapted to all of these products and they are scrambling to find new ones. So here I am back to square one, using desiccants, vacuuming, bathing cats and combing them and putting whatever products the vet suggest on them and just hoping for the best, sigh...
So you have a plague of fleas ........ hate to see how messy your house is ! lol

You need to get an exterminator in to spray the yard and in the house. You may need to tear out your carpets also. Tidy up your yard.

I once worked at somebodies house, and they had fleas and roaches everywhere. The place was filthy.

I'm currently renting in the sub-tropics, and I've used 3 tubes of acrylic gap sealant, 2 tubes of clear silicone, half a tube of gray silicone, one door weather strip, and 1 door jam foam strip. I installed two man hole covers and caulked them both. I have strategically locked out the roaches, and spray everywhere with surface spray that last 3 months.

You need to do a Sigourney Weaver (Ripply from aliens) on your house and yard.
12-10-2014, 02:48 AM   #12086
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
PS. What time is it in Texas?
Well it sure ain't Tulsa Time!

12-10-2014, 04:53 AM   #12087

Finally, after a few hundred pages, a reply "on" topic

Anyway, back to regular programming, after bacon, the next best thing is corned beef!!!
Never! Definitely Islay Haggis is best even before the bacon!

However just to change the subject, in the Clyde Valley, Scotland, 11:50 AM, GMT it is currently 3 degrees outside my house with a mixture of heavy rain, sleet and hail, 30mph winds and the occasional lightning flash with accompaning thunder and the street lights are still on.
12-10-2014, 05:25 AM   #12088
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LoneWolf Quote
However just to change the subject, in the Clyde Valley, Scotland, 11:50 AM, GMT it is currently 3 degrees outside my house with a mixture of heavy rain, sleet and hail, 30mph winds and the occasional lightning flash with accompaning thunder and the street lights are still on.
Same here in Dundee - 30 mph, Met Office weather warnings, felt like our flat would fly away at night Better now though, no precipitation or lightning. Need to walk down the Firth later to get stuff from Tesco, pray for me.

Edit (10 min. after posting): Alright, change the precipitation part - it's pissing.

Edit 2: Now it's not.

Edit 3: And it is again.

I'll keep you people updated ... Scotland is something of a massive, realistic Pentax weather sealing testing area.

Last edited by FantasticMrFox; 12-10-2014 at 06:08 AM.
12-10-2014, 05:40 AM   #12089

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Quick nonsensical question because I am curious never having had one of their donuts. They don't have them here. Are the Horton donuts light and fluffy and a bit too sweet like KK or more dense and less sweet like DD? I'm more of a DD person than a KK person. I don't like my donuts as light an airy as KK makes them. I like them with a bit of heft. Which way do the Horton donuts go?
Tims coffe is more like DD coffee than Starbucks, though I would rate it higher. Perhaps McD coffee is closest. The main difference for some is actually the cream! Tims is 18% so if you take cream the diference is there.

Now the Donuts, they are more like DD donuts, not the KK style. Its been quite a while since 7ve had a DD or KK donut since both franchises are now realatively scarce her in Canada, Tims seems to have been to much for them.
12-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #12090
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Oh, them sneaky you know whats
Nope, I don't know. Please explain in twenty-five words or less.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »