Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #1216
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
You can post only so much about the same thing over and over.
Apparently you haven't read any of the FF threads.

12-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #1217
bxf
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Wow! Is this thread still going?!? That must be some kind of record perhaps?

Is it just me, or has this forum slowed down a lot? Less and less new topics and new posts showing up. Why is that?
Because the important stuff, like this thread, is getting all the deserved attention.
12-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #1218
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
But even those have slowed down considerably now.
12-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #1219
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
The last time I flew into Columbus, the flight attendant ended her "Welcome to Columbus" speech with "O-H", and all the other passengers bellowed "I-O!!!!"

I suddenly realized that I had walked into some sort of a cult.
I'm always doing the O-H, but Tess doesn't do the I-O, that to me is just blasphemy, of course she's never been to Ohio. Without casting aspersions on the whole state of Ohio, let me just say, even if you don't embrace it, it's a survival strategy.

12-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #1220
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Oh I have... too much actually... they almost kill the subject completely - a lot repetitions going on lately .
12-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #1221
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Oh I have... too much actually... they almost kill the subject completely - a lot repetitions going on lately .
Many "discussions" revolve around, "if I repeat it often enough, people will believe me." . It seems to work for Rob Ford.
12-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #1222
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Many "discussions" revolve around, "if I repeat it often enough, people will believe me." . It seems to work for Rob Ford.
12-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #1223
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
We need a T-shirt...
Why I won't buy a K3 . . .

I had a cheese sandwich.

(Just wanted everyone to know)

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
He was most grateful and bought me lunch!
Huh. If I had known I would have sent you the printer/scanner.

Last edited by monochrome; 12-06-2013 at 08:42 AM.
12-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #1224
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm always doing the O-H, but Tess doesn't do the I-O, that to me is just blasphemy, of course she's never been to Ohio. Without casting aspersions on the whole state of Ohio, let me just say, even if you don't embrace it, it's a survival strategy.
I would be tempted to reply "N-O" or "M-Y". Ohio's one of my favorite places to visit - lots of museums, zoos, parks, and roller coasters. I do find it disconcerting that the geography is like North Carolina rotated left 90 degrees.
12-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #1225
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thoog Quote
the last time i flew into columbus, the flight attendant ended her "welcome to columbus" speech with "o-h", and all the other passengers bellowed "i-o!!!!"

i suddenly realized that i had walked into some sort of a cult. :d
m i z

z o u

(Some kind of hidden code is blocking CAPS. must be a BCS conspiracy).

Last edited by monochrome; 12-06-2013 at 10:03 AM.
12-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #1226
Pentaxian

I'd love to see Mizzou in the game. Ohio State has an NC 11 years ago, but there are 120 different schools in division 1. We need some new blood at the top, not the same old schools over and over again. It was 40 years between our last NC and the one in 2002. Really, I'm not expecting another NC in my life time. This years team might be good enough to get to the game. Good enough to win it though… that's another question.
12-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #1227
Loyal Site Supporter

Indiana? BAH! ACC Basketball was Religion

I'd love to see Mizzou in the game. Ohio State has an NC 11 years ago, but there are 120 different schools in division 1. We need some new blood at the top, not the same old schools over and over again. It was 40 years between our last NC and the one in 2002. Really, I'm not expecting another NC in my life time. This years team might be good enough to get to the game. Good enough to win it though… that's another question.
I think you have a much better chance of BCS happiness than Missouri - all things considered - since everything has to break our way after the 2x Overtime collapse vs. South Carolina. We're just happy to be in the SEC Championship game.

Good Grief, Charlie Brown - the SEC championship Game!! You guys can all have the National. I mean, OHIO STATE! I've had an old Buckeye sticker in my "keeper" box for over 40 years.

Mizzou is just geography for me. None of my children even went there.

FWIW I was a Cheerleader at the University of Virginia. Foorball players had to have the same SAT scores as everyone else and players were excused from practice for Biology Lab. I was a Cheerleader because I was too small to actually play D! college Football, but they should have let me try anyway. A win was a party.

I recall one game the student section cheered for the other team in the 4th quarter - to score 100!

Cheerleading ACC Basketball then was a horse of a different color - courtside seats - I mean really courtside - in the paint! - for Dean Smith, Lefty Driessel, David Thompson, Monty Towe, Wally Walker, Duke Blue Devils - and Virgina won the ACC Tournamwent my 4th Year.

But we played Georgetown in NCAA Round 1.

Last edited by monochrome; 12-06-2013 at 10:05 AM.
12-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #1228
Pentaxian

Unfortunately Missouri's best chance is we lose to Sparty, (I don't think FSU has much chance of losing to Duke). Auburn beating Alabama is a real opportunity for you guys. You guys could win against Auburn without achieving defensive stop, as you'd be likely to score every time you had the ball. But as Tressel used to say, the only game is your next one, and the only poll that counts is the last one.

I ended up in Columbus because my dad did his PhD at tOSU, and my first GF was from Columbus, but that's all ancient history now.

My only real claim to anything Buckeye is I went too their experimental educational elementary school summer programs in grade 3 and 4,( in other words, I was data for the PhD candidates) ( that's kind of like saying "I was a lab rat for research at Ohio State"), (I think I still have one of the transcripts somewhere) and the indoctrination I got living in Columbus.
12-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #1229
Loyal Site Supporter

I believe yours and mine are the two state universities that legally emphasize THE. I'll be rooting for two!!
12-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #1230
Site Supporter

My understanding is that Ricoh is going to buy the sports facilities in both Missouri and Ohio and put their logo on the front.

Steve