Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Et t'tout, aussi.
There is an 'e' on Aussie.

12-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #13037
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I should see if I can find a picture of the bacon wrapped steak I did before.
12-25-2014, 02:45 PM   #13038
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I only came over here because Otis was in the Site Suggestions Forum and read where people on this thread were taking naked selfies, and he wanted to see if any had any "artistic value". I haven't seen anything that Otis might be interested in, so I will leave with a contribution of a fat 2" smoked pork chop from Coopers world famous BBQ in Llano Texas.

Put a little dab of this stuff on it if you are feeling lucky....

You better be feeling VERY lucky!

Regards & Merry Christmas!
Hey, that looks like some good stuff!
12-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #13039
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Surstrømming is swedish, not norwegian. We like our rotten fish less smelly.
Please forgive me. I will be forever in your debt. I really don't know what I was thinking of.

12-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #13040
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Shall we just rename the thread 'Norwegians discussing Norwegian food'?
A German complaining about 6 posts on excellent Norwegian cuisine after about 6737 posts on American fare?
In addition to the 9086 posts on bacon, of course.

savoche appears to be off eating his pinnekjøtt and incorrect kålstappe, so I think it's back to americans discussing steak now.
Pinnekjøtt was yesterday. With proper stappe, not some diluted stuff from up north.

Surstrømming is swedish, not norwegian. We like our rotten fish less smelly.
Now we're back on track. We have some disgusting eating habits in this country, but nothing in the same league as surströmming! That stuff is pure evil. Not even the hociR would touch it, not with a ten foot pole.
12-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #13041
Veteran Member

Ugh, I paid for my steak, a bit. My stomach is upset again. I only ate half of it too! I should have just put it in the freezer....
12-25-2014, 08:46 PM - 1 Like   #13042
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, hang out and celebrate with the family and The Thread Goes zooming past 13K like a Grand Prix race! Merry Christmas to all, no matter what you're eating to celebrate... Our dinner was Waffles �� Prime rib for the spousal unit's birthday tomorrow. Some of those Scandihoovian dishes would be interesting to try, but in the end it all comes back to bacon. �� nothing else will save Tokyo from its dooooooooooooooooooom!

Jim

12-26-2014, 01:05 AM   #13043
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
A German complaining about 6 posts on excellent Norwegian cuisine after about 6737 posts on American fare?
In addition to the 9086 posts on bacon, of course.

Pinnekjøtt was yesterday. With proper stappe, not some diluted stuff from up north.

Now we're back on track. We have some disgusting eating habits in this country, but nothing in the same league as surströmming! That stuff is pure evil. Not even the hociR would touch it, not with a ten foot pole.
I know, I know, i just wanted to make a point at the americans. And as for surstrømming, isn't a ten foot pole the only way it can be imbibed?
12-26-2014, 02:18 AM - 1 Like   #13044
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We started off Christmas eve with a glazed ham and two lovely salads, as well as home-made bread. Washed down with a superb 2004 Barossa Valley Shiraz. Followed by cheesecake and strawberries for desert. This with our very good friends.

Christmas Day lunch was more glazed ham and chicken - no turkey this year. (Turkeys were $50 + this year - they can keep them!) That with some lovely salads - the star was, undoubtedly the potato salad. Then, of course deserts. Trifle, my favourite, as well as cheesecake. The day spent with family and good friends.

Then, early evening we had prawn cocktails, a variety of cheeses and some cheesecake with some other friends.

Later, homemade pizzas from a proper pizza oven and home-made chocolates, again spent with the really good friends of Christmas Eve, this time at their house. The evening finished with a very special Sauternes and cigars and whisky for the unhealthy ones amongst us.
12-26-2014, 03:02 AM   #13045
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We started off Christmas eve with a glazed ham and two lovely salads, as well as home-made bread. Washed down with a superb 2004 Barossa Valley Shiraz. Followed by cheesecake and strawberries for desert. This with our very good friends.

Christmas Day lunch was more glazed ham and chicken - no turkey this year. (Turkeys were $50 + this year - they can keep them!) That with some lovely salads - the star was, undoubtedly the potato salad. Then, of course deserts. Trifle, my favourite, as well as cheesecake. The day spent with family and good friends.

Then, early evening we had prawn cocktails, a variety of cheeses and some cheesecake with some other friends.

Later, homemade pizzas from a proper pizza oven and home-made chocolates, again spent with the really good friends of Christmas Eve, this time at their house. The evening finished with a very special Sauternes and cigars and whisky for the unhealthy ones amongst us.

That sounds good. Barossa shiraz - good choice. 2004 was, I recall, a normal year with normal rain. Then we had a few drought years, which gives more intense flavoured fruit.
12-26-2014, 03:49 AM   #13046
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
... glazed ham and two lovely salads, as well as home-made bread. Washed down with a superb 2004 Barossa Valley Shiraz. Followed by cheesecake and strawberries for desert. This with our very good friends. [...] Then, of course deserts. Trifle, my favourite, as well as cheesecake. [...] The evening finished with a very special Sauternes and cigars and whisky for the unhealthy ones amongst us.
My, that sounds like a great way of celebrating Christmas I got my dad a small bottle of Scottish Single Malt which we have yet to try, but no cigars for us
12-26-2014, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #13047
Veteran Member

I know, I know, i just wanted to make a point at the americans. And as for surstrømming, isn't a ten foot pole the only way it can be imbibed?

Actually a ten foot pole is needed when opening the tin. That stuff is concentrated pure evil.
12-26-2014, 05:34 AM   #13048
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cbope Quote
Actually a ten foot pole is needed when opening the tin. That stuff is concentrated pure evil.
I would prefer a ten mile pole... Besides, who in their right mind would want to open that tin anyway?!
12-26-2014, 05:55 AM   #13049
Veteran Member

It is actually not allowed to open tins of surströmming if you live in an apartment block here. Apparently the smell can penetrate concrete walls. I've heard it is actually very tasty but I have never been able to get past the stench.
12-26-2014, 06:08 AM   #13050
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I would prefer a ten mile pole... Besides, who in their right mind would want to open that tin anyway?!
It is my limited understanding that the tins often open themselves by, charitably, dynamic expansion. Risk to life, limb, olfactory nerves and digestive system are some of the reasons for the European Union to attempt to ban distribution much as they banned land mines.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »