Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2014, 06:16 AM   #13096
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Hm, I wonder if all of europe is getting dumped right now. We've gotten about a metre of snow over just the last day or so, and back in tromsų, I've been hearing that there's so much new snow that EVERYTHING is avalanching, including the stuff that usually isn't steep enough.
That sounds awful... We have just 10-20 cm down here, and around -10C. That's more than enough winter for me!

12-27-2014, 06:17 AM   #13097
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That's perilously close to engaging with the real world... is that allowed intros thread.?I mean, it wouldn't be on topic (heaven forbid) but it would be on "a topic". Is it the original topic or all topics that aren't allowed here? I'm so confused.

And don't call me surely.
Would you prefer "surly"?
12-27-2014, 06:18 AM   #13098
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Before noon, it would be better fit.

After all what's an "h" and an "e" among friends.

Just don't call me late for dinner.
12-27-2014, 06:38 AM   #13099
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Before noon, it would be better fit.
I used to be like that; then I extended my hours.

Last edited by Parallax; 12-27-2014 at 09:19 AM.
12-27-2014, 06:38 AM - 2 Likes   #13100
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A lot of talk about bacon here lately. May I present the world's largest slab of bacon!

12-27-2014, 08:02 AM   #13101
Veteran Member

Hm, I wonder if all of europe is getting dumped right now. We've gotten about a metre of snow over just the last day or so, and back in tromsų, I've been hearing that there's so much new snow that EVERYTHING is avalanching, including the stuff that usually isn't steep enough.
Here we have 11°C. Today there are clouds, but for Christmass day it was all suny. Still I agree it start to be a bit cold

But we can see the moutains being full of snow ! Ski season started !

I live in Antibes, near Nice in France...
12-27-2014, 08:25 AM   #13102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
And who exactly is this Otis?
Think: Dr. Jeckyl, Mr. Hyde, except one of them is a squirrel.

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Okay, laugh, here's where I stop teasing you all. Here's what I got myself for the holidays
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I don't need no stinking K-3. I already have a wonder camera. It's called a K5II. Call me impressed! This is a very nice camera. Maybe it's the new lenses? Fast, sharp AF, in the freaking dark even? It does feel a bit heavier to me though. My arms are getting pretty tired and I've only been playing with it a little. I like the prime, but I think after playing with them both I actually like the 18-135 a bit more. This copy is nice. Very sharp, dead on focus and it's nice and quiet. You know it's funny but when I am using them I don't even notice how much louder the K-30's are. Not until I pick this one up and compare. K5II is so quiet and fast. It's a very different experience using it...
Haha, nobody acknowledged your posts. Not one single response. See what you get for holding out on us?! ! DENIED!

J/K. Congrats on the new stuff and I like your strap! I almost got the K5IIs but cancelled the order in favor of something else (see sig). I did get the 50 1.8. It's great for a cheap plastic lens. No complaints about it. Now, go take some pics with your new toys and start posting them up!

Also, how long till we see the K5II with some lipstick on it?

---------- Post added 12-27-14 at 09:32 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
A lot of talk about bacon here lately. May I present the world's largest slab of bacon!
Going to have to light the whole mountain on fire to cook that!

12-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #13103
Veteran Member

That sounds awful... We have just 10-20 cm down here, and around -10C. That's more than enough winter for me!
And you call yourself norsk!
12-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #13104
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Wow. I leave for one evening, and you guys are talking about steak?
Is there anything better?

A nice juicy steak, grilled to perfection, baked potato, some green beans, and a very frosty glass of your favorite adult malted beverage.

The perfect meal.
12-27-2014, 10:41 AM - 1 Like   #13105
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
baked potato
Nope; French fries. Grease is good!
12-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #13106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote

Going to have to light the whole mountain on fire to cook that!
Not a problem. It is near the Yellowstone super volcano. When she blows it will be free crispy bacon raining down on everybody.
12-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #13107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Haha, nobody acknowledged your posts. Not one single response. See what you get for holding out on us?! ! DENIED! Also, how long till we see the K5II with some lipstick on it?
:P

Lipstick? Uh, soon. If I decide to keep it I'm going to bling it all up just to drive you guys crazy, lol. But believe it or not I'm actually not sure I'm keeping it. You know it's a great camera and there's a lot to love about it, but yesterday's playtime left my arms and my hands really sore. For some reason the locations of some of the buttons on the K5II, the mold of the grip, it is just a bit tough on my hands and arms. In terms of what it can do I really like it, but in terms of the ergonomics thing it may not be the best camera for me. It might be a bit too big for me. I feel like a little kid pianist trying to play a Baby Grand. It's like I can barely stretch to feel the keyboard.

My hands are very, very small and arthritic besides. I have tendon and arthritis issues because of the autoimmune thing. Something about the design of the K5II is just making my hands ache after use and I can feel it in my arms and shoulders too after. I don't think it's that much heavier than the K-30's but it sure feels a lot different to me. I can definitely feel the weight of it when I use it. I'm going to give it a week or two and see but if I can't get used to it and it's going to bother me like this using it all the time I may just flip it with the 18-55WR I have, get my $$$ back, and keep the lenses I got with. That was the main reason I went for it. The K5II was just a bonus really. I really wanted that 18-135WR and the DA 50 and it was too good of a deal I thought to pass it up.

I kind of hate to give it up though. Less than 2100 clicks? It's practically brand new and it looks it too. The guy that had it? He must have really babied it. There's not a mark on it that I can see. It still looks like it just came out of the factory...
12-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #13108
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Ever open a fresh jar of kimchi?
Yes!

And it was good!
12-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #13109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Nope; French fries. Grease is good!
Nope, sweet potatoes.
12-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #13110
Veteran Member

When I was like 4 my babysitter she accidentally left some old cans of eggnog in a very hot place during the summer and they just exploded this vile thick rotten sulfuric smelling sludge all over the place. I have never forgotten that. It was just UGH.