Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2015, 09:52 AM   #14056
Veteran Member
magkelly's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,905
Definitely would not have much business. I'm sure there are a few healthy cops on the force but I've known quite a few and slim or not they really like their donuts! It's not just about the donuts though. It's also about the coffee. They drink tons usually, particularly the night shift guys. A friend of mine owned a DD for little while....

01-31-2015, 10:37 AM - 2 Likes   #14057
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,114
01-31-2015, 12:53 PM   #14058
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,799
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote


Hey!

That's what i said!


QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I was looking on Maps for something and happened to notice this. Coincidence that they're both right next to each other?



Location, location, location.

Great minds think alike!

01-31-2015, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #14059
jac
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada
Posts: 2,363
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
a health food restaurant across the station from a police
I always thought Tim Bits were a health food. (Holes from the donuts served up by Tim Horton's of Canada which is really Burger King of Florida which is really 3G Capital of Brazil which also owns Anheuser Busch and which by Norm's account is really a terrorist cell controlled by who knows.)

01-31-2015, 04:08 PM   #14060
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,717
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I always thought Tim Bits were a health food. (Holes from the donuts served up by Tim Horton's of Canada which is really Burger King of Florida which is really 3G Capital of Brazil which also owns Anheuser Busch and which by Norm's account is really a terrorist cell controlled by who knows.)
The world is a scary place. You think you're just having a donut and a coffee, but.....
01-31-2015, 04:54 PM - 1 Like   #14061
jac
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada
Posts: 2,363
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The world is a scary place. You think you're just having a donut and a coffee, but.....
And what would a very cost-conscious owner of Burger King do with Clydesdales which have retired? Hmmmm....
01-31-2015, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #14062
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,393
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
And what would a very cost-conscious owner of Burger King do with Clydesdales which have retired? Hmmmm....
You could always go to Jack In The Box and have some kangaroo burgers.
01-31-2015, 05:21 PM   #14063
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,103
Ah yes; that exclusive French restaurant. Jaques dans la boite.

01-31-2015, 07:44 PM   #14064
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,872
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Ah yes; that exclusive French restaurant. Jaques dans la boite.


See the retort that comes from one of our friends located in France.


Jack in the Box. Went to the one in Mesa AZ with a colleague. He phoned home later to tell his wife that the coke comes in a bucket. I have had better experiences of fine dining. And worse. The very worst dining in a restaurant was in a place, one particular place, in the home town of Kodak in 2005. So bad it was memorable.
02-01-2015, 09:30 AM   #14065
jac
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada
Posts: 2,363
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
See the retort that comes from one of our friends located in France.
While there may be some similarities such as speaking a foreign language and being haughty and proud, I don't think your average South Dakotan would appreciate being re-located to France. Scandinavia maybe but France!?
02-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #14066
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,376
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
While there may be some similarities such as speaking a foreign language and being haughty and proud, I don't think your average South Dakotan would appreciate being re-located to France. Scandinavia maybe but France!?
France ?! Well, the Aulnay photo club swap was fun this morning for me ... got up early to be there at the 9AM opening. Got all the below for 23€ total for one vendor. Cleaned out all his Pentax stuff ... and when I came back by later and found a hood for my Yashica Mat ... well, he just handed it to me and said "take it, free". We talked it up a bit ... gear talk.

Ooops ... gear talk. Désolé.

Spent too much money today , so that's "why I won't buy a k3 tm" ...

xpost images




Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 02-01-2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typoo, typoo ... always a typoos
02-01-2015, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #14067
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,701
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
France ?! Well, the Aulnay photo club swap was fun this morning for me ... got up early to be there at the 9AM opening. Got all the below for 23€ total for one vendor. Cleaned out all his Pentax stuff ... and when I came back by later and found a hood for my Yashica Mat ... well, he just handed it to me and said "take it, free". We talked it up a bit ... gear talk.

Ooops ... gear talk. Désolé.

Spent too much money today , so that's "why I won't but a k3 tm" ...

xpost images
Hate you...
02-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #14068
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,376
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Hate you...
Oh, the ME and M 50/1.4 was only 10€ ... the ME works* and the 50 has "cleanable" light fungus ... so I should be able to save it. With a bit of luck ...

* the ME's mode dial is missing the push button release; stuck in "Auto" mode ... but I could maybe fix that via one of my dead ME Super bodies. On verra ...



The other side of the room ...


Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 02-01-2015 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typoo and * fergot sumthin'
02-01-2015, 11:58 AM   #14069
jac
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada
Posts: 2,363
Jean, you must have a very forgiving wife. Or you're damnably good at hiding things.
02-01-2015, 12:14 PM   #14070
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,393
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Cleaned out all his Pentax stuff ...
Nice haul!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top