Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2015, 11:09 AM   #14881
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
There is a death metal rooster out there!

Death Metal Rooster - YouTube
Long winded sucker, isn't he?

02-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #14882
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
There is a death metal rooster out there!

Death Metal Rooster - YouTube
Sometimes the suggestions after the video are a trip!

02-23-2015, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #14883
Veteran Member
Joel B's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,336
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
There is a death metal rooster out there!
The rooster wins hands down!!

---------- Post added 02-23-15 at 12:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
suggestions
Put an ice pick in my head! It would be quicker!! And more humane!!
02-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #14884
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
UGH!!!!

I don't mind hunting, really I don't. I grew up with hunters. But PLEASE, next time at least, a warning? So I can avoid pics like that? That was just stomach turning, really...
Most people who enjoy eating meat would never touch it if they saw the process of killing and butchering their favorite tasty treat.

02-23-2015, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #14885
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,419
I like metal, and i like animals. It is awesome when they combine. I need to get a bird and train it to headbang.

---------- Post added 02-23-15 at 01:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Most people who enjoy eating meat would never touch it if they saw the process of killing and butchering their favorite tasty treat.
I've killed and butchered deer, chicken, pheasants, turkey, and even a pig. I don't think fish count.
02-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #14886
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
Soooo... have people given up posting in this thread for lent or something?
The Daytona 500. The culmination of Speedweeks and the "Superbowl of Motor Racing".

'Nuff said.
02-23-2015, 11:32 AM   #14887
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,419
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
The Daytona 500. The culmination of Speedweeks and the "Superbowl of Motor Racing".

'Nuff said.
Is that that thing where they drive in circles for a few hours?
02-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #14888
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I hate football. The crazy lunatic fans annoy me. The one's who'll start a fist fight with the guy next to them because they didn't like the play annoy me. Especially the one's who yell at the TV and get completely angry when the team they like loses. Even more especially, the fan's who's day is completely ruined, and they act all depressed when their favorite team loses. Texas has a butt-ton of those fans.


I like auto racing. Sadly, the only thing shown here is NASCAR and the occasional Indy race. NASCAR fans are a little better. They'll be all like:

Did you see the race yesterday?
Yeah, Biffle wasn't racing his best, but Jr. had a bad string of luck the whole race.

....and then the subject changes to something totally different.
I totally agree about the football thing. Since the local team here has finally made Seattle proud to have a pro ball team it seems like everyone is now a rabid "Twelfth Player". You see it everywhere, and on everyone.

Even the company I am now working for spent a buttload of money painting a 747 freighter with the team livery and the number 12 on the tail.

As for motor racing, I also agree, and really miss Speedvision. When it first started there was racing on 24-7, from all over the world. Near the end it had become the NASCAR channel. I enjoy NASCAR, but would rather watch sports car racing. The 24 hour race from the Nurburgring is something to see, and the German Touring Car Championship make the NASCAR boys look like amateurs.

02-23-2015, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #14889
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,430
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Most people who enjoy eating meat would never touch it if they saw the process of killing and butchering their favorite tasty treat.
I learned how to field dress rattlesnakes, deer, and wild hogs before I was 13yrs old.

---------- Post added 02-23-15 at 12:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I totally agree about the football thing. Since the local team here has finally made Seattle proud to have a pro ball team it seems like everyone is now a rabid "Twelfth Player". You see it everywhere, and on everyone.

Even the company I am now working for spent a buttload of money painting a 747 freighter with the team livery and the number 12 on the tail.

As for motor racing, I also agree, and really miss Speedvision. When it first started there was racing on 24-7, from all over the world. Near the end it had become the NASCAR channel. I enjoy NASCAR, but would rather watch sports car racing. The 24 hour race from the Nurburgring is something to see, and the German Touring Car Championship make the NASCAR boys look like amateurs.
This:

02-23-2015, 12:05 PM   #14890
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Is that that thing where they drive in circles for a few hours?
Something like that.

43 drivers in 3,600lb cars with 800 horsepower engines, traveling at 200 miles an hour. The grip of the tires is many times higher than that of the car you drive on the highway, but at any given moment the slightest bump or even the air moving over a car next to you can send you spinning towards the wall. When it is time to stop for fresh tires and fuel slowing down from 200 to 55 takes skill and experience too. Get it wrong and you may just end your day.

Yeah.

Driving in circles.

So easy any caveman could do it.

Sure.

Oh, and the winner takes home a really cool trophy.




And $1,500,000.
02-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #14891
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I am a nerd. Sports arent my thing other than drag racing, and I wish they still did 1/4 mile in that.
They still do 1/4 mile.

And down in Charlotte they do it 4 wide.

02-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #14892
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Been there. Very cool track.

And Sears Point too, but it has been ruined by the accommodations for the NASCAR boys.
02-23-2015, 12:13 PM   #14893
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,419
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
They still do 1/4 mile.

And down in Charlotte they do it 4 wide.

NHRA 4-Wide Racing at zMAX Dragway! - YouTube
My favorite is top fuel, which got lowered to 1000 feet in 2008 I think. Imagine how fast they would get up to if they still did 1320 feet. Ohh, I know why they did it, but it still isn't the same to me.
02-23-2015, 12:15 PM   #14894
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I don't think fish count.
They would but they are far too easy to do. Stick a knife in their vent and slice upwards towards the gills along the bottom. Push all the guts out with your thumb, cut off the head and then scrape off the scales.

When you get back to camp or home, prepare as you like and eat.

Easy Squeezy

No Pain

No Stain
02-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #14895
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Something like that.

43 drivers in 3,600lb cars with 800 horsepower engines, traveling at 200 miles an hour. The grip of the tires is many times higher than that of the car you drive on the highway, but at any given moment the slightest bump or even the air moving over a car next to you can send you spinning towards the wall. When it is time to stop for fresh tires and fuel slowing down from 200 to 55 takes skill and experience too. Get it wrong and you may just end your day.

Yeah.

Driving in circles.

So easy any caveman could do it.

Sure.

Oh, and the winner takes home a really cool trophy.




And $1,500,000.
Oh yeah, and you also get to kiss the pretty girl.

Nice.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:50 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top