Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Oh! One more thing! I forgot to add why I would not be buying the K3!

Besides not currently being employed , I am seriously concerned that the K3 would make all of my lenses look sub-standard. I don't know if there is a single piece of glass in my kit that can properly support 24 non-AA Megapixels.

Steve
Rob a bank... or start a meth lab like Walter White...

And have the simulated AA filter on all the you've

10-10-2013, 04:00 PM - 2 Likes   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hmm...

Maybe I'm being too harsh.

If Ricoh *had* good SLRs back in the day, then maybe having Ricoh on a DSLR is a dream come true for some Ricoh fans.
Maybe the Ricoh fans have been waiting longer for a DSLR than Pentaxians for a FF camera?

I suppose if having Ricoh on a DSLR resurrects a dream of the Ricohnians, then maybe it's not such a bad thing.

I mean, Ricoh *did* support the K mount.

Hmm....maybe it's a good thing having the only two camera makers to ever support the K mount be united?

Maybe I'm being too snobbish over this whole thing.

10-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #93
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Hmm...

Maybe I'm being too harsh.

If Ricoh *had* good SLRs back in the day, then maybe having Ricoh on a DSLR is a dream come true for some Ricoh fans.
Maybe the Ricoh fans have been waiting longer for a DSLR than Pentaxians for a FF camera?

I suppose if having Ricoh on a DSLR resurrects a dream of the Ricohnians, then maybe it's not such a bad thing.

I mean, Ricoh *did* support the K mount.

Hmm....maybe it's a good thing having the only two camera makers to ever support the K mount be united?

Indeed. And no need for the sad face Lauren. Being able to listen to alternative opinions and appreciate them is a good thing, and not seen often enough in this sort of forum
10-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Not funny. I am still mentally scarred.

Didn't I buy that lens from you?

10-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nah - I don't think so. Tape away. Whatever makes you happy and keeps you in the fold.

I have decided to accept it as reassuring to new buyers and overlook it for myself. It's not a Root Kit after all.
10-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #96
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think Ricoh are deluded. They would do well to put everything behind the Pentax name which is one of the strongest names in the industry - not so for the Ricoh name. However, so far Hoya and Ricoh have been smart enough to let Pentax design an build cameras like only they know how. Hope they keep it that way.
10-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Oh! One more thing! I forgot to add why I would not be buying the K3!

Besides not currently being employed , I am seriously concerned that the K3 would make all of my lenses look sub-standard. I don't know if there is a single piece of glass in my kit that can properly support 24 non-AA Megapixels.

Steve
More MP don't make the lenses worse, they can only get better or stay the same.

10-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #98
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

There were several others, including at least one (Cosina) that still makes a 35mm K-mount film camera. The Ricoh/Pentax combination is a good thing, though I do think that mixed messages are being sent on the marketing front.

Steve
10-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gbeaton Quote
I think Ricoh are deluded. They would do well to put everything behind the Pentax name which is one of the strongest names in the industry - not so for the Ricoh name. However, so far Hoya and Ricoh have been smart enough to let Pentax design an build cameras like only they know how. Hope they keep it that way.
I can count the people I've met that knew about Pentax DSRLs on my fingers.
10-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #100
Veteran Member

Isn't the Ricoh Pentax thing kinda like the IBM Lenovo thingy?

Many of us like the thinkpad notebook...they are used to call IBM thinkpad. Now they are called Lenovo thinkpad....does it matter? The thinkpad is just as good (if not better) then before and I personally would not refrain from a thinkpad just because the whole laptop business thingy was sold to the Chinese.

Isn't the more important thing is that Ricoh delivers a good k mount camera?
10-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #101
Banned

My K-7 was purchased the first day it was available and since then I have purchased many cameras but none with a mirror and I don't plan on purchasing any more cameras with mirrors.
10-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #102
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
My K-7 was purchased the first day it was available and since then I have purchased many cameras but none with a mirror and I don't plan on purchasing any more cameras with mirrors.
So you are a true video guy, why mess with the stuff that you do?. Just curious.
10-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #103
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
So you are a true video guy, why mess with the stuff that you do?. Just curious.
So you think it's not possible to take a still image with a mirrorless camera ? Really ?
10-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.
But there is going to be just as much "PENTAX" on view as in the early days - more in fact because then, the lenses were Takumar not Pentax. So you'll have PENTAX on the camera front and on the lens side and front/top/lenscap/lenshood. Nobody will be in any doubt what it is!

As for the back, well my old MX has "Asahi Opt. Co., Japan" in the same place as RICOH will be, the main difference being that it's less noticeable as the font is smaller (more words!) and it's embossed black on black. So my only objection is that it's too bright, I like my cameras as black as possible, but that's easily fixed...

Ricoh do deserve a bit of kudos here, they did save the brand from a slow and withering death IMO so I can live with their name on the back but I hope that's far as it goes.

Last edited by Dave L; 10-10-2013 at 05:40 PM.
10-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
So you think it's not possible to take a still image with a mirrorless camera ? Really ?
No, not saying that at all. I am just curious that for someone who goes on rides and does reports, is not using real video cameras. That`s all.