Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2013, 02:16 AM   #331
Veteran Member

Hm... Why i won't buy a K3? Maybe coz since Pentax sees the 645 format as the "professional" level, rather than FF, than i hope they will out a 645Dii and therefore lower the price of the 645D to a more affordable price, especially the used market.. Who knows? 2-3k?

10-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #332
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I won't buy a K3 cause I will buy 2 at a once
10-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #333
Veteran Member

The ricoh at the back is like a 4 letters word. It is so out of place.
10-24-2013, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #334
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lightbulb Quote
The ricoh at the back is like a 4 letters word. It is so out of place.
Hoya was a 4-letter word.

10-24-2013, 11:33 PM - 3 Likes   #335

Urgh. I TOTALLY get this. I mean, I would have MUCH rather Pentax ran itself into the ground instead of having a respected multinational camera company purchase it and combine both technologies to create the best current APS-C DSLR available to the market at a competitive price while continuing to invest time, money and resources into furthering the brand.

This is the same reason I won't ever buy a Saturn, Chevy, GMC, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, Olsmobile, Pontiac, Saab, Vauxhaul, Holden, Opel, Mercury, Lincoln, Jaguar, Volvo, LandRover, Dodge, Mercedes, Chrysler, Jeep, Smart, Plymouth, Mitsubishi, Acura, Lexus, Scion, Audi, Bently, Skoda, Seat, Lamborghini, Spyker, Bugatti, Infiniti, Renault, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Maserati, MINI, RollsRoyce or KIA.

Silly manufacturers putting their symbol on an already branded car. How preposterous.
10-25-2013, 03:08 AM - 2 Likes   #336
Veteran Member

I'm not buying the K3 either. I'm waiting for K3-II. I won't buy it either, it will just make waiting for the K-0.3 bearable, but I still won't buy it until it comes in the format-that-I-shall-not-name here, and they have removed the Ricoh logo, and plastered Pentax twice in the front, thrice at the back, one at the top, both sides and at the bottom. And they better bring back the green ring. Then I'll feel more secured, inspired and will take the best photographs of my life.

/s
10-25-2013, 03:36 AM   #337
Inactive Account

Me to.

Its laughable really so what if its Ricoh, i dont give a flying fig, as long as its well made and does the job as all before it, its only a name at the end of the day, in fact i hope they stick it on the front i kinda like it
its funny watching folk get wound up on something so small.

10-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #338
Veteran Member

Aarrgh... why do I keep coming back here....

Must... resist... the... temptation....
10-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #339
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bolt Quote
This is the same reason I won't ever buy a Saturn, Chevy, GMC, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, Olsmobile, Pontiac, Saab, Vauxhaul, Holden, Opel, Mercury, Lincoln, Jaguar, Volvo, LandRover, Dodge, Mercedes, Chrysler, Jeep, Smart, Plymouth, Mitsubishi, Acura, Lexus, Scion, Audi, Bently, Skoda, Seat, Lamborghini, Spyker, Bugatti, Infiniti, Renault, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Maserati, MINI, RollsRoyce or KIA.

Silly manufacturers putting their symbol on an already branded car. How preposterous.
I think I get your sarcasm, but at least some of the brands you list are counterexamples.

Sure, I think many General Motors cars have a small, discreet "GM" badge on them.

But does a Bentley carry Volkswagen branding? I doubt it! I don't know whether Skoda/Seat/etc. do (I'm sure they do on their parts, but I wouldn't consider that the same as a conspicuous, bright badge on the back of the camera body).

Similarly, I don't think Mini is very aggressive about marketing its ownership by BMW.

And it's pretty ironic how many of those automotive brands have gone away entirely. Saturn, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saab, Hummer, Mercury, Plymouth ...

Hm.
10-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #340
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
And it's pretty ironic how many of those automotive brands have gone away entirely. Saturn, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saab, Hummer, Mercury, Plymouth ...
I really don't understand. Ricoh is the best thing that has happened to Pentax since 1968. I will be happy to be reminded of that every time I look at my K3.

No sarcasm. I mean every word.
10-25-2013, 10:29 AM - 1 Like   #341
Veteran Member

I will never buy a Lincoln Continental because their brand symbol is a coffin-and-cross ... good only for Halloween night.
10-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #342
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I really don't understand. Ricoh is the best thing that has happened to Pentax since 1968. I will be happy to be reminded of that every time I look at my K3.

I agree that the Ricoh take over is a great thing for Pentax.

So far since the Ricoh take over, I have no complaints and certainly now feel the Pentax brand has a much better chance of survival under this ownership.

Yes the K-3 has a small Ricoh brand on the back....but so what. My 1968 Pentax S1a and '74 Pentax ES 11...both bought new...also have the Asahi Optical symbol...which owned the Pentax brand at the time .

Rather than nit pick about a small detail....I think we as Pentaxians, have much to celebrate, that Ricoh has taken over Pentax.
10-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #343
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

I totally agree... if it wasn't for Ricoh I wouldn't be able to get back into Pentax after many years away and be able to use all my nice old Takumar lenses. We need to be honest, Asahi management didn't do a very good job of marketing their product compared to Canon and Nikon just like GM did a lousy job of making and selling good vehicles. Both groups of management failed. A big successful company has saved the Pentax name and product and they have every right to show their name on it.
10-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #344
Veteran Member

Well, I don't like it. Ri-coh sounds too Spanish. We all know what they are like. ;-)

Last edited by snofox; 10-25-2013 at 06:14 PM.
10-25-2013, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #345
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bolt Quote
You forgot Subaru...owned by some company called Fuji Heavy Industries. The body is stamped as such.

Steve