Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
11-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #526
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
For me NC is kind of a grey area as to being "The South".
Do NC women say "You can have me", or "Y'all can have me"?
I can see your point.

NC women say, "Kind suh, I want you to have me." Just you. There's no 'all' in there t'all.

And then you are finished. For Life.

P.S. - Read my Sig. It was after a Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC Tarheels football game. I went to Virginia.

Last edited by monochrome; 11-16-2013 at 12:27 PM.
11-16-2013, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #527
Veteran Member

NC is most assuredly part of the south. Just because parts of it have some of the brightest minds in the country (the research triangle), doesn't mean they were expelled (or that they seceded ).
11-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #528
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I can see your point.

NC women say, "Kind suh, I want you to have me." Just you. There's no 'all' in there t'all.

And then you are finished. For Life.

P.S. - Read my Sig. It was after a Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC Tarheels football game. I went to Virginia.
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
NC is most assuredly part of the south. Just because parts of it have some of the brightest minds in the country (the research triangle), doesn't mean they were expelled (or that they seceded ).
11-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #529
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

IMHO such applies to North Carolina women only.
N. Texas and Arkansas are nice too.

Steve

11-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #530
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
N. Texas and Arkansas are nice too.

Steve
North Texas is another paradigm entirely.
11-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #531
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

South Dakota is most assuredly somewhere other than "The South."

(Took me a while).
11-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #532
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
South Dakota is most assuredly somewhere other than "The South."

(Took me a while).
Don't I know it. The South is really the only region of the country I've never lived in. Last month we took a week and visted my brother in law in Carthage, MO. Traveled through the Ozarks a bit and then North. Big mistake. That's one of the most beautiful areas I've seen in the lower 48. It was a mistake because it reminded me what a crappy place this is to live (from a scenery and weather standpoint.)

11-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #533
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Neither, in my unhappy experience.

It was after a Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC Tarheels football game. I went to Virginia.
Ah, there's the problem. I went to Duke. T'wern't no NC women at Duke. Just Yankee girls who couldn't get into Hahvahd.

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Speaking for RTP, you are too kind. But I do my best to bring the average down.

Actually, so far as speaking Southern goes, NC has several of the major dialects (HoiToider, Coastal Plains, Piney Woods, Appalachian, etc.). I've even read that there's one part that has traces of Elizabethan English, left over from the first colonial days. I used to be able to guess where someone was raised by their accent, but it's all mixed together now.
11-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #534
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Too poorly edificated to hate the Ricoh.

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Ah, there's the problem. I went to Duke. T'wern't no NC women at Duke. Just Yankee girls who couldn't get into Hahvahd.
I'm a bit closer to elderly then. Duke women were - fun - when I was out there.

When I went to UVa we didn't have any women. Really and truly, The University of Virginia was single-sex until 1970 and didn't admit more than a few hundred until 1973. The dorms were a trip - they just moved them onto guarded floors of existing dorms and left the plumbing as it was. Women rinsed out their dainties in the urinals.

And UVa men couldn't get into an Ivy, so there you go.

None of that academic stuff you mentioned descended on UVa until women got in.

I guess I'm just not smart enough to know better than to buy a K3.

Last edited by monochrome; 11-17-2013 at 04:30 PM.
11-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #535
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My "Why" is in these threads. Bugs and glitches happen with every new model. Call me in 6 months to a year, and I'll jump on, but I don't have the patience for beta testing I once had.
11-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #536
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
My "Why" is in these threads. Bugs and glitches happen with every new model. Call me in 6 months to a year, and I'll jump on, but I don't have the patience for beta testing I once had.
Feels like a pretty clear release to me, Gene. Despite the Ricoh name on the camera, I purchased one and have not seen any issues.
11-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #537

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
Why not show them samples of what you have accomplished with your camera, and keep the brand out of it? Educate the public that brand means nothing.
11-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #538
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Feels like a pretty clear release to me, Gene. Despite the Ricoh name on the camera, I purchased one and have not seen any issues.
The Ricoh name on the camera was never an issue for me. I'm glad you have not had problems, but there sure are a lot of threads from people with other results. I'm just not an early adopter, I guess.
11-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #539
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I'm just not an early adopter, I guess.
I used to be, but got bit too many times. There has been a trend in recent years of manufacturers, of all goods, using the consumers as their QC department.
11-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #540
Veteran Member

This is the first time I've ever early-adopted or pre-ordered anything, and it did bite me a bit. My first K-3 had some AF adjustment issues (or a mirror box mis-alignment issue) so I had to send it back to B&H for an exchange. It definitely was a buzz kill after all the excitement leading up to receiving it, and it took about 10 days until I got the replacement, which was excruciating. But I do finally have it. This one needed AF adjustments on 3 lenses (2 minor, 1 major), and has some other issues that I also hope get fixed pretty quickly with firmware (nothing that others here haven't already posted about), but I knew the risks and still feel like the K-3 is enough of an upgrade (and I've got a K-5IIs) that it was worth it. I should add that this is the first time I've ever had an issue with any Pentax product, and I've had every body since the K100D and three SDM lenses (still have two). I guess you could make the argument that I was due. But bottom line.....I'm not mad.