Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108814 Likes Search this Thread
11-19-2013, 10:44 PM - 3 Likes   #601
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
THAT would be the perfect post to end this thread on, but I just can't bring myself to close it.
Here's how I imagine the story will turn out: For another year or so, Sam-I-am is turned down - in a box with a fox, in a house with a mouse, on a boat with a goat, in a pail with a whale, in a flat with a cat, in a pen with a hen, in a jail with a quail, in a jeep with a sheep, in a park with a shark, yadda, yadda, yadda, until he says:

Last edited by THoog; 11-20-2013 at 07:50 AM.
11-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #602
Pentaxian

Thoog, that is a thing of beauty.
11-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #603
Pentaxian

Ya, I bought my K-5, two years ago. after 3 or 4 months my wife absconded with it. It was still in the house, I just wasn't allowed to use it. You think it's nice going from a K20D to a K-5. Try going from a k-5 back to a k20D. So eventually we came into a bit of money and I finally got my K-5 just after Feb. The K-5II was out. The wife doesn't want me to get one because then we'd have different cameras. Now I bought a K-3 and she can't believe I bought a new camera so quickly. Trying to explain I actually bought my first K-5 which she stole, 2 years ago doesn't help.

This is remotely related to the topic in that explains why I almost didn't buy a K-3, and why the wife still doesn't believe it.

If it's determined that this is too close to the original topic, I will gladly bear whatever punishment is deemed acceptable.
11-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #604
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Merts Quote
Why I won't buy a K3.

Because I just bought a K5-II a couple of months ago and I appear to be coming down with <acronym title="Lens Buying Addiction">LBA</acronym>.
If I turned around and bought another body now, my wife would most probably kill me. It does look pretty good though.....

Apologies for posting on topic.

A K3 would probably look really good in your casket.

11-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #605
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If it's determined that this is too close to the original topic, I will gladly bear whatever punishment is deemed acceptable.
No Norm, it's borderline but acceptable.
Classic normhead style; just barely inside the line.
11-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #606
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Merts Quote
Unfortunately my missus has no interest in photography apart from occasionally suggesting a subject for me to photograph. To give you an idea of where she stands with cameras, she has commented in the past that my Fuji superzoom was too large and complicated for her to use.
Mine started that way. Zero interest in photography until she started a food blog. (fresh from oregon | Experience fresh food from Oregon) At first she had me do the photographs then she started borrowing the camera, a k-x at the time. When I got the k-5 I was going to sell the k-x. I was told I was not going to sell 'her' camera. When I got the k-3 the k-5 went to her.

The downside is I bought a very nice DA 35mm limited from the marketplace. And somehow it got onto 'her' camera and I have never shot one image with it. When my Limiteds start disappearing, I start to worry.

Anyway the key is that I am interested in photography, she is not. But she needed to learn it to do what she was interested in. And now she has the bug and we go shooting together most every weekend. In many ways she is a much better photographer than I am. She sees things I never notice, technically I'm better as I understand the gear, but photographically she is better as she 'sees' the shot better than I do.
11-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #607
Pentaxian

No Norm, it's borderline but acceptable.
Classic normhead style; just barely inside the line.
Well how are people going to know where the line is if someone doesn't show them?

11-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #608
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My wid [EDIT: Ooops ]fe took the Optio A40 I hadn't taken out of the box yet ages ago. She took the white Q for her blog shooting and the Eye-Fi Mobi card stayerd in it after our recent vacation. I asked about this a few weeks ago (big mistake).

She told a story about my mother having told her that my father always took the chocolate candy bars out of my Halloween bag and ate them himself - and left me the Necco Wafers (actually true) - so she understands my need to compulsively hoard fifty-year-old lenses that I never really use.

But, she said, that doesn't mean she can't have a neat camera, too.

I'm just happy she deosn't think a dSLR is a neat camera. My plan is to sell enough stuff to build up my PayPal balance and pay B&H with PayPal. It won't change anything, but I'll feel better about it.

Last edited by monochrome; 11-20-2013 at 09:22 AM.
11-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #609
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My wide took the Optio A40 I hadn't taken out of the box yet ages ago...
It took me a while to figure out what you were trying to say but then I realized you were probably referring to your wife ... and you just called her "wide"
11-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #610
Pentaxian

If I ever referred to my wife as my "wide", I'd be sleeping in the cabin for a few weeks.
11-20-2013, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #611
bxf
Veteran Member

Just be aware that any effort to to steer the thread back on topic will be quashed.
Why I won't buy a K-3? 'Cause I ain't got no money.
11-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #612
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
It took me a while to figure out what you were trying to say but then I realized you were probably referring to your wife ... and you just called her "wide"
If I ever referred to my wife as my "wide", I'd be sleeping in the cabin for a few weeks.
Doh!!

Good thing she doesn't know my Password because the cabin isn't heated. And she's still the prettiest girl I've ever seen. And I'm happy she uses my cameras. And I just decided WTH - I'd stop on the way home and get roses. Got a nice dress? Let's go out for dinner - Oh I need to get my camera - that'll be a keeper.
11-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #613
bxf
Veteran Member

Well, you forfeit the K-3. PM me for shipping address.
11-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #614
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Well, you forfeit the K-3. PM me for shipping address.
There's a few opportunistic optimists in every thread.
11-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #615
bxf
Veteran Member

There's a few opportunistic optimists in every thread.