Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108794 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #946
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Anything that involves some part of a pig and some sort of barbecue rub and/or sauce.
I have recently been accused of being a "BBQ Bigot" (Eastern NC, vinegar-based - I admit it's an acquired taste), so I'll stay away from that and say: roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, lather, rinse, repeat.

Unless it says 'Ricoh' on the bottom of the plate.

11-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #947
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
What does that have to do with the topic of the day: Favorite food!
Oh. Sorry.

Texas Red Chili.

It's an old Brand Book recipe.

Modern version goes well with cheese sandwiches.
11-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #948

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I love welsh rarebit - How to cook perfect welsh rarebit | Life and style | The Guardian.
11-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #949
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fresh salad covered with thinly sliced flank-steak strips cooked medium rare. With some ranch dressing...yum.
edit: forgot the grated cheese bit.

11-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #950
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
That's a tough one. I don't think I have one favorite. Today I'll say chicken & dumplings.
+1 I agree 100%. "Favorite Food" can only be defined within a time frame. As in "Favorite Food today" or "Favorite Food this week", or "Favorite Cheese this month".

My favorite food this week is the Hubbard squash pie my wife made, she is getting warmed up for Thanksgiving dinner (link to the recipe if anyone cares: Nana Trax’s Homemade Pumpkin Pie | fresh from oregon
11-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #951
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
(Eastern NC, vinegar-based - I admit it's an acquired taste)
My wife does NC style BBQ!!

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Texas Red Chili
Yum!!

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
I love welsh rarebit - How to cook perfect welsh rarebit | Life and style | The Guardian.
Gotta try that!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Fresh salad covered with thinly sliced flank-steak strips cooked medium rare. With some ranch dressing...yum. edit: forgot the grated cheese bit.
Double yum!!
Now I'm hungry... again.
11-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #952
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
My favorite food this week is the Hubbard squash pie my wife made, she is getting warmed up for Thanksgiving dinner (link to the recipe if anyone cares: Nana Trax’s Homemade Pumpkin Pie | fresh from oregon
That looks good! I bookmarked it.

11-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #953
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Time for the "Pentax Cooking Show".

Recipes by Ricoh.
11-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #954
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's my K-3 dilemma, which might be why I won't buy a K-3 (there, I'm off-topic and on-topic at the same time):

I haven't made any camera purchases in awhile, so there is some mad money in the budget. I'm a pure amateur, who only does this for fun. I don't think my photography / skill level will ever require a top-of-the-line body, but part of me would like to see if I could grow into it. However, for the price of a K-3, I could get a K-5ii, (which would still probably be more than I need), PLUS a gray-market K-01 "Smurf" (which I absolutely don't need, but Smurfette's siren song won't leave me alone), AND some cheapie remote triggers to play with off-camera flash, AND a cheese sandwich.

Or I could blow it all on cheese sandwiches.
11-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #955

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Here's my K-3 dilemma, which might be why I won't buy a K-3 (there, I'm off-topic and on-topic at the same time):

I haven't made any camera purchases in awhile, so there is some mad money in the budget. I'm a pure amateur, who only does this for fun. I don't think my photography / skill level will ever require a top-of-the-line body, but part of me would like to see if I could grow into it. However, for the price of a K-3, I could get a K-5ii, (which would still probably be more than I need), PLUS a gray-market K-01 "Smurf" (which I absolutely don't need, but Smurfette's siren song won't leave me alone), AND some cheapie remote triggers to play with off-camera flash, AND a cheese sandwich.

Or I could blow it all on cheese sandwiches.
In fear of actually putting this on topic - I did buy a K-3 and I firmly admit to being an amateur photographer. I do it because I enjoy it. I don't sell any of my shots, but that doesn't mean I won't. I have a K-r and this upgrade is wonderful. I like to shoot (photographically only) wildlife and this offers me so much more. I bought it because I can use the "extra" features. My level of "professionalism" had absolutely nothing to do with that decision.

BTW I do like cheese sandwiches - especially with sliced tomato.
11-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #956
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
In fear of actually putting this on topic - I did buy a K-3 and I firmly admit to being an amateur photographer. I do it because I enjoy it. I don't sell any of my shots, but that doesn't mean I won't. I have a K-r and this upgrade is wonderful. I like to shoot (photographically only) wildlife and this offers me so much more. I bought it because I can use the "extra" features. My level of "professionalism" had absolutely nothing to do with that decision.

BTW I do like cheese sandwiches - especially with sliced tomato.
Shoot! For me a K-r would be nice for the higher iso! I like my cheese sandwich with bacon! After tomorrow I'll be eating my cheese sandwich with turkey.
11-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #957
Veteran Member

Finally a good reason for not wanting the K-3... I just spent money on a MX-1 and Q (first gen). They will stand nicely next to the K-01...
K-3 would of been out of place and would of look way too scary with its Ricoh badges
11-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #958
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Okay, back to serious stuff. In addition to bbq pig parts, I am partial to 4B. (Buffalo bacon bleu burgers)
11-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #959
Veteran Member

Speaking of meat... a question towards our fellows down-under... how does the Kangaroo meat tastes like!? What is a good recipe for that!?
11-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #960
Veteran Member

Like several others have said, I don't have the money for the K3. If I did, the K3 would be a sweet camera to own (even if it said "Kraft" on the back). I've only had my K-x just over a month, and I'm perfectly happy with it. When the time comes to upgrade I'll probably get a used K5iis (or maybe a K50).
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »