Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
12-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #1201
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I do think the OP should at least check back in occasionally, though based on his past posting history that might not be until spring. Still, I'm sure he will be proud and awed by his creation....

Ahh, that would be spring in the northern hemisphere for those of you not currently in winter mode.
It's so sad when parents abandon their threads. Look what happens to them - they turn bad, start hanging out with the wrong crowd...

(And yes, eventually destroy Tokyo.)

12-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #1202
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If he isn't dead, maybe he working feverishly on a witty comeback?
12-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #1203
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
If he isn't dead, maybe he working feverishly on a witty comeback?
After working on it for two months, this should be epic! I can hardly wait! (Stares at screen expectantly.)
12-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #1204
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
After working on it for two months, this should be epic! I can hardly wait! (Stares at screen expectantly.)
This should as good as Spartacus or Ben Hur!! Maybe even The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston!!!(threw some more favorite movies in for effect!)

12-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #1205
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If you ever find a person claiming to be a Canadian, ask him where the nearest Timmies to his house. If he doesn't know, ask to see his passport.
I can't stand Tim's coffee, and I have a Canuckian passport (as well as that thick blue booklet the 'mericans like to see). Used to give lots of cash to Starbucks, but now I'm down to one espresso a day, and that comes from my kitchen. Lavazza Qualita Rossa is good enough (though I used to live in Italy, and Lavazza is like Folgers there!).

The nearest to mine is 59 Km. See that proves I'm a Canadian.. until Saturday when I put on my Ohio State jersey, my Ohio State football hat, and start drinking beer from my Ohio State mug about4 hours before game time. You can move a kid to Canada, but if he grew up in Columbus Ohio he grew up in Columbus Ohio and there's not much you can do to change that.
Go Hawkeyes!
12-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #1206
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You can move a kid to Canada, but if he grew up in Columbus Ohio he grew up in Columbus Ohio and there's not much you can do to change that.
The last time I flew into Columbus, the flight attendant ended her "Welcome to Columbus" speech with "O-H", and all the other passengers bellowed "I-O!!!!"

I suddenly realized that I had walked into some sort of a cult.
12-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #1207
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I was recently cleaning out a desk drawer and found a mint early leather-bound Folding Scanner/Printer and about 15 little accessory boxes. Unfortunately, like so many other early office equipment innovations, while the hardware seems still perfectly functional Staples no longer stocks the consumables.
I had my hands on several packs of the "consumables" a few months back, but passed them on to a local fellow having a scanner/printer similar to yours. He was most grateful and bought me lunch!

Steve

12-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #1208
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
(And yes, eventually destroy Tokyo.)
I am working on that part...

Steve
12-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #1209
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

We need a T-shirt...

Steve
12-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #1210
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
We need a T-shirt...

Steve
Something with Tokyo in ruins, the Ricoh logo, and...yes...

Cheese...

Steve
12-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #1211
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Something with Tokyo in ruins, the Ricoh logo, and...yes...

Cheese...

Steve
Maybe a Dr Strangelove angle! Slim Pickins riding a giant Ricoh camera out of the bomb bay yelling "YEE-HAA!"
P.S. Ohio state has been no fun to watch since Woody Hayes! That gold plated nut job was always entertaining!!!
12-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #1212
Veteran Member

Hehehehe , ooooh dear !

Way back in the time machine I started with Ricoh .. Cos Pentax was way expensive .. As was Canon and Nikon ..
Did I have at first the KR10 , then a KR10M , as well in the draw is a XR-1s ...
My first Pentax was the SF-1 , purchased from the USA thanks to the internet , here in OZ it was the SF-7 , and a dirty well used sample went for over $300 , in fact the one I saw was $370 and looked like it had been dragged behind a car for a few hundred miles , in a local Pentax dealer .. The SF-1 from the states was MINT , $130 or 150 ( I forget ) for the body , + $20 or something to ship to OZ - well cost me like 150 or 170 all up for a mint body , compared to 370 for a well hammered local body ...
Yeah back in the day , cameras were seriously expensive in OZ , we paid through the back door for a brand name ...

Thank goodness for Ebay ( evil evil empire = opinion ) , we now have at least some semblance of price parity ...

Back in the day : We got ripped hard , really hard ... Hence I started with Ricoh ...

You cant ignore that Ricoh is now the owner of Pentax , such is life , and sooner or latter , it will incorporate Pentax fully ...

Ricoh’s origins date to a decision of the Institute of Physical and Chemical Research to commercialize the fruits of its R&D by setting up Rikagaku Kogyo. In 1936, Rikagaku Kogyo established Riken Kankoshi Co., Ltd. (renamed Riken Optical Co., Ltd., in 1938, and Ricoh Company, Ltd., in 1963), to manufacture and sell sensitized paper. The Company started its camera business in 1937. In 1950, it created Japan’s first mass production structure for cameras, driving their popularity among consumers.
12-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #1213
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow! Is this thread still going?!? That must be some kind of record perhaps?

Is it just me, or has this forum slowed down a lot? Less and less new topics and new posts showing up. Why is that?
12-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #1214
Veteran Member

Too close to Christmas !
12-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #1215
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Wow! Is this thread still going?!? That must be some kind of record perhaps?

Is it just me, or has this forum slowed down a lot? Less and less new topics and new posts showing up. Why is that?
You can post only so much about the same thing over and over... plus holidays are around the corner, usually people get busy with other stuff .