Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #1606
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
No kidding! Nikon releases a new model at each price level every three months. Pentax can and should do better than that!

Steve

Perhaps Nikon has a more gullible consumer base.

12-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #1607
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
... so imagine my shock when I tried to chimp my Kodak Medalist...
Oh! No! I have long feared this! The Ricoh logo is contagious!

I just looked at a few of my vintage Takumars and there is a very faint "Ricoh" emerging on the underside of the barrels.

Steve

(...and I don't even own a K-3...must have caught it from one of my film cameras or Rikenon lenses...)
12-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #1608
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Perhaps Nikon has a more gullible consumer base.
Yep! One might say that.

Steve

(...sort of fond of Nikon, though not their consumer line...)
12-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #1609
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Given that we have already had threads on "What we really want in a K-3" and "K-3 II" (which I probably won't be buying, BTW), I can sort of understand the Nikon approach: release another model in each price point every few months, each with a slightly different feature set, and ONE of them will be close enough to get a buyer. Canon kind of did that with compacts in the past - it seemed like there was a hat full of cards that said "AA batteries", "Viewfinder", "P/A/S/M controls", "MP upgrade", "Image Stabilization", and "Magnetic lens ring". Every few months they would pull out some random combination of cards and announce a new model.

12-17-2013, 03:46 PM - 1 Like   #1610
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
I love cats!! Like little tigers roaming around looking to attack things!!
Yes, my ankle in particular.
12-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #1611
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Yes, my ankle in particular.

The debate about them being domesticated goes on. In reality if they could they would eat us!! But since they can't, the befriend us and we unwittingly become their pawns!! Getting them food and water, digging out their doo and providing a warm spot on the bed at night! (sigh) What a life!! A cat probably had the Ricoh label put on to distract us from their plot to rule the world!!!
12-17-2013, 05:12 PM - 2 Likes   #1612
Site Supporter

Dog logic: you pet me, feed me, I sleep on your bed, you clean up after me...You must be God!

Cat logic: you pet me, feed me, I sleep on your bed, you clean up after me...I must be God!

12-17-2013, 05:23 PM - 1 Like   #1613
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Dog logic: you pet me, feed me, I sleep on your bed, you clean up after me...You must be God!

Cat logic: you pet me, feed me, I sleep on your bed, you clean up after me...I must be God!
She speaks the truth!!!
12-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #1614
Site Supporter

I love my dox mix, but damn she's dumb! At least compared to the cats.
12-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #1615
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I love my dox mix, but damn she's dumb! At least compared to the cats.
Bet the cats have fun with her!
12-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #1616
Site Supporter

They get pissed off at her when she ruins their hunting. She has good strong prey instincts herself, but she isn't smart enough to not rush the squirrel the second she sees it, sending it immediately up the nearest tree safely away from her jaws! She's only caught (& killed) two rats, and that's because they were cornered.
12-17-2013, 05:56 PM - 2 Likes   #1617
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One time my Pembroke Welsh Corgi got out of the yard. He was a total dope - could herd just about anything that moved, but where to? He couldn't find his way from the Dining Room to the Living Room on a date.

My 6-year-old son let the Tabby out and said, "Go find Llewellyn." Damned if five minutes later who should round the corner of the house but that cat, tail standing straight up, with a look of total disdain on his face, followed by that benighted dog.

I'm still laughing over 20 years later!
12-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #1618
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am thoroughly shaken...just found out that the K-3 EXIF lists camera as:
Ricoh IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. Pentax K-3
When displayed on Flickr, the link directs to the Ricoh camera page which contains NO reference to the K-3. Horrors! K-3 photos are not being properly tallied on Flickr and it is Ricoh's fault!!!

Steve
Searched "K3" Got a Panda on a leash and the message - "We know. We're fixing it!"
12-17-2013, 06:20 PM - 1 Like   #1619

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote

The debate about them being domesticated goes on. In reality if they could they would eat us!! But since they can't, the befriend us and we unwittingly become their pawns!! Getting them food and water, digging out their doo and providing a warm spot on the bed at night! (sigh) What a life!! A cat probably had the Ricoh label put on to distract us from their plot to rule the world!!!

So that's why my K3 hisses at me.
12-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #1620
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
One time my Pembroke Welsh Corgi got out of the yard. He was a total dope - could herd just about anything that moved, but where to? He couldn't find his way from the Dining Room to the Living Room on a date.

My 6-year-old son let the Tabby out and said, "Go find Llewellyn." Damned if five minutes later who should round the corner of the house but that cat, tail standing straight up, with a look of total disdain on his face, followed by that benighted dog.

I'm still laughing over 20 years later!
I am busting out laughing! That cat was thinking "Who let this fool out!"
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »