Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #1786

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
Hmmm...you lose clients by saying Pentax? Wow, OK say you use everything and it depends on the job. Then when they see you with a Pentax tell them it's fast and light and you have been getting better results with it. I'm a marketing/advertising photographer and have been asked a few times on the job (not prior resulting in a loss). I've told folks it's just as good, and cheaper. So far, no problems. Anyway, good luck.

12-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #1787
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Update........................... This just in........................................

There are now only 2 threads in the entire dslr forum/sub forums with more replies than this one and they've both been running for over 3 years. This one's less than 3 months old.
12-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #1788
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Update........................... This just in........................................

There are now only 2 threads in the entire dslr forum/sub forums with more replies than this one and they've both been running for over 3 years. This one's less than 3 months old.
This thread now has one more reply than it did before.
12-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #1789
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ronuser Quote
Hmmm...you lose clients by saying Pentax? Wow, OK say you use everything and it depends on the job. Then when they see you with a Pentax tell them it's fast and light and you have been getting better results with it. I'm a marketing/advertising photographer and have been asked a few times on the job (not prior resulting in a loss). I've told folks it's just as good, and cheaper. So far, no problems. Anyway, good luck.
On topic alert.

@Ronuser, just curious but did you read the intervening 1,785 posts? If so, I must say I admire your ability to keep focused............

12-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #1790
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
I must be too slow! It's not working!!!
Try "O wataschmuk iam"
12-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #1791
Veteran Member

@ norm
Must be. I've never made it that way, but I heard people do. Apparently, my daughter picked it up somewhere. She's the one who made it. It was pretty good.

Last edited by TinaS; 12-20-2013 at 04:11 PM.
12-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #1792
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I think that is still an unproven rumor. The only thing determined for sure is that Canadian Bacon is not Canadian. In fact it appears that Canadians have never heard of it.
But I am Canadian, at least until the Inuit secede. And I eat it all the time. It's also known as peameal bacon, to keep it from being confused with English bacon (which is probably Irish, who also invented the bagpipes and gave them to the Scots who haven't seen the joke yet.) In order to make it real Canadian bacon, the pork loin has to be rolloed in peameal. Peameal is made by by running yellow split-peas through a rock-crusher, turning them into tiny, little sand-grain morsels of what was once a rock-hard, pebble-sized pea seed. It's all very simple and, voila, CANADIAN bacon made from peas imported from Georgia or Mississippi and pork from the Chicago stock-yards. So knock off the criticism of Canadian bacon. It's as Canadian as MacDonald's and Walmart. It even comes with a little Canadian flag sometimes that tells us it was produced in Canada (meaning if the packaging was done here and is of greater value than the product inside, it can be labelled Canadian).

Last edited by jac; 12-20-2013 at 04:13 PM.
12-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #1793
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I had a custom made cheesy bean and rice burrito from taco bell this afternoon, which has been discontinued from their menu for some time now. Now that is the power of cheese
12-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #1794
Veteran Member

Ok this is how much I enjoy the thread! I am ill today and all food references make me want to hork! But I am still here reading along cuz I don't want to miss out!! Therapy for what ails you, both mental and physical!!!

Last edited by Joel B; 12-20-2013 at 04:41 PM.
12-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #1795
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
But I am Canadian, at least until the Inuit secede. And I eat it all the time. It's also known as peameal bacon, to keep it from being confused with English bacon (which is probably Irish, who also invented the bagpipes and gave them to the Scots who haven't seen the joke yet.) In order to make it real Canadian bacon, the pork loin has to be rolloed in peameal. Peameal is made by by running yellow split-peas through a rock-crusher, turning them into tiny, little sand-grain morsels of what was once a rock-hard, pebble-sized pea seed. It's all very simple and, voila, CANADIAN bacon made from peas imported from Georgia or Mississippi and pork from the Chicago stock-yards. So knock off the criticism of Canadian bacon. It's as Canadian as MacDonald's and Walmart. It even comes with a little Canadian flag sometimes that tells us it was produced in Canada (meaning if the packaging was done here and is of greater value than the product inside, it can be labelled Canadian).
Now I'm really confused. Or at least more confused than normal. Which is generally quite confused. So I guess now I am more than generally confused.
And just to be clear I was not criticizing Canadian Bacon, just noting that according to Canadian sources what we call Canadian Bacon in the states is neither bacon nor Canadian. So I've almost certainly never tried real Canadian Bacon, just the imitation product labeled that here. I'm sure that real Canadian Bacon is excellent and well worth traveling north to experience.
12-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #1796
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ronuser Quote
Just so you know, we are not sure the OP is still with the land of the living. We have not heard from him since the first post, so as any good collection of intelligent people will do, we improvised!!! And it has become a glorious statement of all things good and kind!!!! Sorry a bit woosey
Joel
12-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #1797
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Now I'm really confused. Or at least more confused than normal. Which is generally quite confused. So I guess now I am more than generally confused.
And just to be clear I was not criticizing Canadian Bacon, just noting that according to Canadian sources what we call Canadian Bacon in the states is neither bacon nor Canadian. So I've almost certainly never tried real Canadian Bacon, just the imitation product labeled that here. I'm sure that real Canadian Bacon is excellent and well worth traveling north to experience.
Apology accepted. If you do make it North, do try some real Canadian bacon with Ice wine. You could also pick up a Canadin souvenir like a Canadian Mountie on a plastic horse. Disney bought the copyright for all images of the RCMP/Mounties and they're made in Taiwan but, heck, they're as Canadian as anything else up here.
12-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #1798
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Sorry a bit woosey
Hang in there Joel. Oh, and my favorite 'cure' when I'm sick is 50/50 ginger ale and lemonade. Always keep a couple cans of the frozen stuff in the freezer and a couple cans of ginger ale in the garage. That and plain saltine crackers. Works pretty good for hangovers too, though of course I would not know anything about that....
12-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #1799
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
If you do make it North, do try some real Canadian bacon with Ice wine.
That sounds fun. I have a number of friends in BC who keep after me to come visit, maybe I need to take the time. And with bacon as an incentive what's not to like
12-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #1800
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

While at the store today I sampled some potato skins covered in cheddar and bacon-bits, they were darn good.