Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #1831
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Other nice one from New-England is Shipyard Old Thumper. Here is a cool website that has some ratings and such.
Beer Ratings & Reviews | BeerAdvocate

12-21-2013, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #1832
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hacked into Ricoh Europe's marketing site, where it seems someone is planning to hook up with the famous Belgian (beer connection) band K3, as a means to re-brand the product... Seems like RIcoh will extend the old tactic of different model numbers in different markets to different brand names as well... In countries where Ricoh is more esteemed than Pentax, the camera will be branded Ricoh.

As part of the marketing deal, the members of K3 have agreed to get Ricoh brand tramp tats.
Attached Images

12-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #1833
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm sorry folks. I have decided to sell my K3. I just can't live with the Ricoh name on the back.

I figure I should get enough money to buy cheese to last me through the year. I'm just trying to figure out what type of cheese to invest in, because I really desire brand purity here. Not sure if anyone has any ideas?
12-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #1834
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm sure there are numerous types of cheeses that would make suitable substitutes for your K-3, but don't forget the other critical component. The bread! You can't make a cheese sandwich (or samich, in deference to our "Suthun" members) without the bread. There's lots of choices there too.

12-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #1835
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The bread! You can't make a cheese sandwich (or samich, in deference to our "Suthun" members) without the bread. There's lots of choices there too.
I'm afraid it's too late... 'The best thing since sliced bread!' - Ricoh Caplio RR1 user review and rating - CNET Reviews
12-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #1836

This getting complicated!

Should we now have separate thread for those who require a healthy diet with low fat cheese and wholemeal bread? Is this against the spirit of the K3, which, given its number of pixels AND reported higher noise levels, is clearly a full fat option. Another thought… modern bands produce a lot of noise but do they have pixels or pixel equivalents.
12-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #1837
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I'm sorry folks. I have decided to sell my K3. I just can't live with the Ricoh name on the back.

I figure I should get enough money to buy cheese to last me through the year. I'm just trying to figure out what type of cheese to invest in, because I really desire brand purity here. Not sure if anyone has any ideas?
I can get you lots of igunaq from Igloolik, NU. It will be safely stored at -35C under large rocks until you need it. I could throw in some Moosehead ale but we're a 'dry' community and it would have to be special order from a boot-legger.

12-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #1838
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Reporting in. Was awakened early by the sounds and smells of the battlefield. It was quick and violent, but as in the rest of life, this too has passed.
Would that be "storming the Castle"? I have similar memories from my last White Castle experiment.
12-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #1839
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I've never tried White Castle burgers, but I will now if I ever get the chance. I try to eat reasonably healthy, but my biggest weakness is burgers. sloppy, juicy, grease-runs-down-your-arm-and-drips-off-your-elbow burgers. The kind of burger that you really should eat while sitting naked in a bathtub.

Now you may all go and try to poke out your mind's eye. Good luck!
12-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #1840
Site Supporter

It's my understanding that White Castle is very similar to Krystal. They are NOT sloppy, juicy, greasy burgers. They're, for most men, 2-3 bite burger like snacks.
12-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #1841
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Dang! Well, I guess I won't bother with them.
12-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #1842
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
It's my understanding that White Castle is very similar to Krystal. They are NOT sloppy, juicy, greasy burgers. They're, for most men, 2-3 bite burger like snacks.
Precisely. Growing up in St. Louis we had White Castle. In college I visited a friend from Atlanta and was shocked to discover when he took me to Krystal that it was essentially the same food in somewhat nicer surroundings and neighborhoods.

Once a year.
12-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #1843
Pentaxian

@ monochrome Once a year.

Wow, your gut is far more forgiving than mine.
12-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #1844
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
@ monochrome Once a year.

Wow, your gut is far more forgiving than mine.
Or my memory is shorter
12-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #1845
Site Supporter

I'm of Irish descent. Good, strong stomach. Probably why I went into nursing.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »