Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
12-27-2013, 04:07 AM   #2071
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
Comparing my Pentax K5 to my Pentax/Ricoh K3, I can only say that Ricoh made the Pentax camera work as expected.
That said, a camera branded Ricoh, Konica, Sony, Cosina, ... is something I would not consider as serious camera.

12-27-2013, 04:23 AM - 1 Like   #2072
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Comparing my Pentax K5 to my Pentax/Ricoh K3, I can only say that Ricoh made the Pentax camera work as expected.
That said, a camera branded Ricoh, Konica, Sony, Cosina, ... is something I would not consider as serious camera.
WARNING! WARNING! Danger Will Robinson, danger!! Topic alert!! WARNING!!
12-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #2073
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Oh, noooooooo!
Let's not Butcher this thread by directly addressing the OP. The occasional snide or veiled reference is okay, as long as it's just an aside in an otherwise unrelated post.

Just funnin' ya zapp. Join the festivities.

Last edited by Parallax; 12-27-2013 at 06:20 AM.
12-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #2074
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, we all know what we have to do. Every time someone tries to respond to the original post, that's another hundred nonsense posts that we have to add. I don't like it any more than you guys, but rules are rules. If we all do our share, it'll be over quickly.

12-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #2075
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Has anyone tried putting melted cheese in the zoom-mug and measured the edge-to-edge sharpness? We need some numbers here! How else will we know if it is any good?
12-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #2076
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I got one of those lens mugs a couple of years ago. As expected, being a Canon, it started corroding on the inside in no time. Obviously not WR!

Haven't tested it with cheese, though. Rusty cheese just ain't my thing.
12-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #2077

Question: What did the cheese say when took a selfie?

Answer : Halloumi

P.S Halloumi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Question: How does Santa Clause take pictures?

Answer: With his North Pole-aroid!

Say Cheese everyone!

12-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #2078
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
have you all seen this?

brilliant!
Kinda cheesy, don't you think?
12-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #2079
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Oh, noooooooo!
Let's not Butcher this thread by directly addressing the OP. The occasional snide or veiled reference is okay, as long as it's just an aside in an otherwise unrelated post.

Just funnin' ya zapp. Join the festivities.
Now if only a moderator could delete the first post, there would be no clue as to the meaning this thread whatsoever.
12-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #2080
Site Supporter

I thought it was still about bacon.
12-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #2081
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The latest reasons for not buying a K3, based on information gleaned from other threads, some of which are drifting towards the inevitable FF vs APS-C/Pentax is Doomed steady-state...
(if there are any inaccuracies, it's because I wasn't really paying attention)

1) With a DA* 60-250 mounted, it won't fit in a shirt pocket.
2) It's too popular in the DPR 'best DSLR of 2013' poll - having one camera be more popular than others in a popularity poll is a clear sign of its unpopularity
3) Vincent van Gogh never used one.
12-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #2082
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We have now pulled ahead of the K-3 Sample shots thread for Likes. (Of course, it took 3 times the number of posts to do it )
12-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #2083
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I thought it was still about bacon.
Bacon?
Bacon.
BACON!!!!!
12-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #2084
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I got one of those lens mugs a couple of years ago. As expected, being a Canon, it started corroding on the inside in no time. Obviously not WR!

Haven't tested it with cheese, though. Rusty cheese just ain't my thing.
If the corrosion was merely rust you were lucky. Better a rusty steel mug than lead or mercury.

I'll repeat a story of a mechanical engineer friend. He sent a bracket design to the factory and got several prototype samples back. The samples started disintegrating as they were unpacked. The factory floor manager tried to dispose of excess lead by dumping it into the molten stainless steel for the brackets.
12-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #2085
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
If the corrosion was merely rust you were lucky. Better a rusty steel mug than lead or mercury.

I'll repeat a story of a mechanical engineer friend. He sent a bracket design to the factory and got several prototype samples back. The samples started disintegrating as they were unpacked. The factory floor manager tried to dispose of excess lead by dumping it into the molten stainless steel for the brackets.
Just don`t lick your fingers.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »