Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
12-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #2116
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Cats don't eat sweets, cakes and waffles - their taste buds are not able to sense and appreciate sweet stuff.

So, conclusion, this bunny is up to something more nefarious than seduce our feline overlords.
My Maine Coon cross, Ole, loves sweets. Even simple frostings that don't have other flavorings added. He also loves biscuits. Plain, not buttered. His fovorite snack is immitation crab. He turned his nose up at the real thing and the only reason I can think of is that the immitation is sweetened a bit.

12-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #2117
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
My Maine Coon cross, Ole, loves sweets
Big cat??
12-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #2118
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by peterjcb Quote
...this reminds me of a thread started a long time ago when I used to post on the amdmb motherboard forums....
Someone started a thread with the question - "What does the word [bump] mean in a thread?"....well, folks picked up on this and the thread ran on for years and years and had a ridiculous amount of replies, most of which had nothing to do with the original question. It was epic!
All the replies to the original post started with the word [bump] of course ...which actually brings the thread to the top of the forum.
It might actually still be going if the site is still alive...
[bump] such a little challenge - fits well with this thread.
12-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #2119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Big cat??

If not already, then a diet of sweets surely will make him/her a big cat soon enough. Said diet probably also would significantly advance feline diabetes and urinary problems, and chop the expected lifetime in half.

12-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #2120
Pentaxian

Beer and squirrels are frequently mentioned on PF. Here's a dumb news article that connects the two:
Police: No beer led to ceramic squirrel stabbing - Yahoo News
12-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #2121
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Big cat??
19 lbs. He needs to loose just a bit, perhaps. When he was just a bit over 18 lbs the vet said his weight was okay for his size. ( he can stand on his hind legs and just barely peekover the edge of the kitchen counter, and can easily pull things off of it with his paw.
12-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #2122
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
If not already, then a diet of sweets surely will make him/her a big cat soon enough. Said diet probably also would significantly advance feline diabetes and urinary problems, and chop the expected lifetime in half.
Yeah, except for the immitation crab which he gets daily (the vet says that's okay) he only gets those things occasionally, and in very small quantities. He has had a urinary tract infection in the past due to struvite crystals so he's been on a diet of Science Diet Prescription CD for a few years now.

12-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #2123
Veteran Member

Yeah, except for the immitation crab which he gets daily (the vet says that's okay) he only gets those things occasionally, and in very small quantities. He has had a urinary tract infection in the past due to struvite crystals so he's been on a diet of Science Diet Prescription CD for a few years now.

Feed him a more natural diet: cats are meant to eat raw meat, etc., feeding them industrial food, especially dry food (cats just don't drink enough) is like having a human eat at McD on a daily basis, and that for a lifetime.
12-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #2124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ole,
Does he post here? Thought I saw some posts from Ole.....
12-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #2125
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Pretty sure that's a different Ole.
12-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #2126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

#1 cat Sydney has a thing for chocolate. Mostly she is an indifferent eater and has never had a weight problem, long and slim as ever. But don't ever leave an open candy bar on the desk. She will swoop in totally silent and be gone with it and you will never know she was there. I suspect either teleportation or mind control.
12-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #2127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty sure that's a different Ole.
How sure are you?
12-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #2128
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, my tablet does sit, always on, by my chair and the cats are home alone all day.............
12-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #2129
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, my tablet does sit, always on, by my chair and the cats are home alone all day.............
Is one of them named Pentaxdude?
12-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #2130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is one of them named Rice....

Oh, never mind, that's too horrible to contemplate.