Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #2176
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
It's like the rumor section is a "negativity trap", maybe it is sucking in all the negativity in the world and allowing the rest of us to continue life blissfully unaware of how quickly Ricoh is destroying Pentax.
Well, N&R used to be chiefly the domain of "FF vs APS-C" and "Pentax is doomed" threads (with occasional actual news). Since FF got their own forum, in the absence of news, there's just Doom, Gloom, and Room(ors).

12-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #2177

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
I completely agree with the original poster. Like it or not, as a professional you have to consider your client's perception of the brand of gear you use as well as your brand's ability to support you as a professional, which, in the case of Pentax, appears to be non-existent. I have colleagues that use both Canon and Nikon and the one advantage they have is the professional services organization that supports them.

As an amateur/enthusiast photographer I don't have those same considerations....but if Ricoh were to ever put their name on top of the pentaprism, that would be the end of my brand loyalty to the Pentax name. What's funny is that I actually owned one of the original K-mount Ricoh-branded SLRs back in the day before I got my first Pentax ME in high school and later an LX.

Terry
12-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #2178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
I'm not sure exactly how you guys do it
Its easy, we keep our mouth shot till the water in the suit warms up (blue)
12-28-2013, 04:36 PM - 1 Like   #2179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did someone just quote OP...

12-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #2180
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Its easy, we keep our mouth shot till the water in the suit warms up (blue)

The Finn's that I know have never been known for keeping their mouths shut....granted, what they utter when their mouths are open is utterly gibberish to me, but still....it's rarely quiet with a Finn around
12-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #2181
Site Supporter

Yes. Yes, they did...
12-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #2182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Finn's that I know have never been known for keeping their mouths shut....granted, what they utter when their mouths are open is utterly gibberish to me, but still....it's rarely quiet with a Finn around
Yes and no, depends on how much under the influence the are

12-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #2183
Veteran Member

Yes and no, depends on how much under the influence the are

I've added a reminder to, next time I'm in Maryland, hit you up to conduct an experiment....
12-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #2184
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Yes. Yes, they did...
People should stop trying to derail this fine thread...time for pitchforks and stuff...
12-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #2185
Veteran Member

People should stop trying to derail this fine thread...time for pitchforks and stuff...

Well, I'll do torches, you bring the pitchforks

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388274265.206100.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  143.0 KB
12-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #2186
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've added a reminder to, next time I'm in Maryland, hit you up to conduct an experiment....
You are paying the tab...right
12-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #2187
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did someone just quote OP...
Yes they did. I suspect they have not read the intervening threads but I could be mistaken. There is kind of a hush in the thread as shocked posters try to come to grips with an actual on-topic post.
12-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #2188
Veteran Member

why I won't buy a k3

You are paying the tab...right

Well West Virginia is just next door....I'm sure that there're places there with bootleg poison that'll keep "tap" on even a Finish
12-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #2189
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Yes they did. I suspect they have not read the intervening threads but I could be mistaken. There is kind of a hush in the thread as shocked posters try to come to grips with an actual on-topic post.

What is this thing "on-topic post", of which you speak?
12-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #2190
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
By the way, the topic of this thread is to see how far off-topic we can take it before a moderator discovers and closes it down, right? In that case, this discussion is highly on-topic in its off-topicness.....
Just to clarify for those who haven't been following: At this point it would be impossible to determine what is and isn't on or off topic and a moderator who shall remain nameless has been one of the regular instigators participants in this thread. Now excuse me while I go make a cheese sandwich.