Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
12-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #2296
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
I am very lucky! One store here stocks a lot of imported cheese at very good prices! Their parent Co. is German so we also get really good chocolate products!! I'm telling you everyone should come here!! It's food heaven!!!

Or, you could just do the easy thing: migrate to Europe.....

12-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #2297
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'm not so lucky. One would think that a state capital would offer some degree of refinement, fine dining, shopping, etc. WRONG! Walmart is the fanciest shopping in town, and Burger King is fine dining.

My condoleances.

If it isn't already recognized as such, then we should petition Hague to have the cusine at your location recognized as a crime-against-humanity.

I had "rachlette au lait cru" for dinner tonight. When I asked my fromager for that, she looked at me and with a smirk said (I translate) "Sir, we do not have any other kind in this store"....
12-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #2298
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Or, you could just do the easy thing: migrate to Europe.....
It's better than that. We are a refugee state. Whenever Someone flees their homeland, we will resettle them and help with the transition. As a result Des Moines has the most diverse dining anywhere!! The first thing any relocated group does is start a restaurant! Needless to say I can pick from almost any ethnic group for food!! I can go on a world tour and not even leave the city!!! Yum!!
12-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #2299
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Now where would one get an army of squirrels, disciplined, fearless and having no regard for homo quasi sapiens? Who would the leader of these deviant and merciless mercenaries be? Need I say more?
MarketMeNot

12-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #2300

I'm not so lucky. One would think that a state capital would offer some degree of refinement, fine dining, shopping, etc. WRONG! Walmart is the fanciest shopping in town, and Burger King is fine dining.
What you need is a fine cheese shop - like this one:

Last edited by Ztrejfer; 12-30-2013 at 12:36 AM.
12-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #2301
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Oh surely there can't be two capitol cities that are that bad. I thought we had that claim all locked up.
12-30-2013, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #2302
Veteran Member

My Very Important Research Study

I have an idea for an important new research study that may finally bring to light all the differences and solve all the disputes and problems.

Last night it occurred to me that if we studied what kinds of foods Pentaxians ate as children and compared this information with data on the lenses they grew up to end up owning, an important new finding might emerge that would be of tremendous value.

I'm thinking, as an example, what if, say, 94% of kids who ate Captain Crunch cereal grew up to own DA 21 limiteds?

Well? Did you?

And what about the kids who ate Pop Tarts? What'd they end up shooting with? And we can't overlook Oreos. Why, I'll bet a lot of third-party 75-300 lens users ate generic, deeply-discounted store-brand imitation Oreo cookies, not the real thing! Starting to get my drift? It's as clear to me as a warm July afternoon in downtown Los Angeles.

You know, I think it's safe to say that the paradigm of these permutations augmenting the algorithms of the ramifications is potentially quite intriguing! Without a doubt! I mean, just consider for a moment the outcome a typical Graham cracker could presurpatize!

Let's get right on this. We've got to help! Let's look into Milky Way bars first.

I almost can't believe nobody thought of this already!

Last edited by DavidSKAF3; 12-30-2013 at 05:38 AM.
12-30-2013, 05:05 AM - 1 Like   #2303
Veteran Member

Hummm, don' know what those cereals are, but Aussie Kids are Wheatbix Kids. Maybe some relevance to why so many Aussies are members of this forum.
12-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #2304
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
Hummm, don' know what those cereals are, but Aussie Kids are Wheatbix Kids. Maybe some relevance to why so many Aussies are members of this forum.

Could it be that Pentax products are actually in stores across Australia? Because it seems to me they're only in a grand total of maybe seven stores here in the United States.
12-30-2013, 05:09 AM - 2 Likes   #2305
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davids8560 Quote
I have an idea for an important new research study that may finally bring to light all the differences and solve all the disputes and problems.

Last night it occurred to me that if we studied what kinds of foods Pentaxians ate as children and compared this information with data on the lenses they grew up to end up owning, an important new finding might emerge that would be of tremendous value.

I'm thinking, what if 94% of kids who ate Captain Crunch cereal (as an example) grew up to own DA 21 limiteds?

Well? Did you?

And what about the kids who ate Pop Tarts? What'd they end up shooting with? And we can't overlook Oreos. Why, I'll bet a lot of the third-party 75-300 lens users ate generic, store-brand imitation Oreos, and never the real thing! Starting to get my drift? It's as clear to me as the sky on a warm July afternoon in downtown Los Angeles.

You know, I think it's safe to say that the paradigm of these permutations augmenting the algorithms of the ramifications is potentially quite intriguing! Without a doubt! I mean, just consider for a moment the outcome a typical Graham cracker could presurpatize!

Let's get right on this. We've got to help! Let's look into Milky Way bars first.

I almost can't believe nobody thought of this already!
ADAM!!!! PLEASE BRING BACK P&R, folks are going bananas!
12-30-2013, 05:14 AM - 1 Like   #2306
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, I'll play. So what do you think someone who grew up on eggs and toast for breakfast owns?
12-30-2013, 05:25 AM - 1 Like   #2307
Veteran Member

But what about marmite? And the effect of having it on crumpets, potato cakes or toast? Butter or no butter? Which one made me buy a 35 Ltd?
12-30-2013, 06:23 AM - 1 Like   #2308
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
Hummm, don' know what those cereals are, but Aussie Kids are Weet-Bix Kids. Maybe some relevance to why so many Aussies are members of this forum.
Wot he said!

Also, we Aussies don't eat Marmite, it's Vegemite on toast for us (still is for me) as are the Weet-Bix

When I was growing up, there was no money for eggs for breakfast. I still don't eat eggs for breakfast
12-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #2309
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We have 13,000 people and a surrounding population of about another 3 or 4 thousand, most of whom think Green Acres is a documentary. It seems that everyone who's family presence in the area goes back 30-40 years or more is related by blood to everyone else with the same history. We are 35 miles from an Intersate highway. We are 160 miles from anyplace with a greater population. 2 years ago we went to buy a Christmas tree 2 weeks before Christmas and there were none. I could go on but it's not good for my blood pressure.
12-30-2013, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #2310
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davids8560 Quote
Could it be that Pentax products are actually in stores across Australia? Because it seems to me they're only in a grand total of maybe seven stores here in the United States.
Wow. That is the how many camera stores are in Australia,one for each City.