Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #2431
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't know about the potential but it's definitely a black hole............

12-31-2013, 09:20 PM - 1 Like   #2432
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Black hole sucking up and destroying negative waves and depressing thoughts!! Leaving a better and more peaceful universe!!!! Welcome 2014! CHEESE!!!
12-31-2013, 09:21 PM - 2 Likes   #2433
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For those joining us from the breakfast foods / camera gear thread, some explanation of this thread (also known as "That Thread") may be in order:

All attempts to have a rational discussion about the Ricoh logo on the back of the K-3 failed miserably, so we resorted to having irrational discussions about everything NOT related to the Ricoh logo on the back of the K-3, in hopes that this would produce successful results. A discussion of the relationship between breakfast foods and camera gear choice would appear to be part of the same whole, so welcome and join right in. Recipes involving cheese are much valued.

Unfortunately, in over 2000 posts, we keep coming back to the same conclusion as the original discussions: Pentax is doomed. However, we have determined that Tokyo, and in fact, the entire galaxy are also doomed, so the doom of Pentax may just be part of a larger, more general doom.

Oh, and Mom made something different for breakfast every day, which might explain my LBA. I'm still working on the relationship between the fried eggs getting scorched and my problem with blown-out highlights.

12-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #2434

@THoog:
Think I've sunk completely into the black irrational hole of this thread, as the appearance of your very fine rational and explaining post seemed strange to my mind.

Time to get out then...if I can ;-)

12-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #2435
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You cannot get out.
You will sink deeper and deeper.
12-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #2436
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote
Time to get out then...if I can ;-)
Sadly, that is no longer possible.

As to breakfast:
Monday - cereal
Tuesday - yogurt and granola
Wednesday - Eggs and toast day!
Thursday - cereal
Friday - yogurt and granola
Saturday - French toast day!! Yeah!
Sunday - Pancake day! With bacon!!

I never noticed until I recorded this that she who minds the menu is remarkably habit bound. I don't think that menu has changed in 25 years.............
12-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #2437
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

As a child, I piled my morning cereal high with mounds of sparkling sugar. (Yes, my teeth suffered at the time.) But that must have been the reason that the Pentax pixie dust is so attractive to me. I've ended up with all the FA limiteds, and until now it was a mystery to me as to why.

I'm so happy to have learned the reason.

And it has nothing to do with cheese.

12-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #2438
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And maybe that's why I've collected so many lenses, just bored with breakfast and looking for variety. Thanks so much for explaining that.
12-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #2439
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Happy New Year! Doomed or not.
12-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #2440
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

THoog,
actually, I couldn't see much connection between the two threads.
I assumed the mod (the irrepressible Parallax, who has obviously lost complete control of this thread and deserves a pay rise of several %) was just trying to add to the post numbers trying to get to some indeterminable number by New Year.
Coming back to the research question; if there is any connection between breakfasts had and lenses purchased, jatrax seems to have a serious problem, (but Pentax may no longer be doomed).
12-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #2441
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you are referring to my signature, well you have no idea.........

I only put the Takumars in the sig, and I need to take a new shot as I've added the F 50mm macro since this was taken:

And to keep off topic, yes I do believe it was the lack of breakfast menu variety that has led to this. The wonder of it all is that now I can blame she who minds the menu! It is all her fault I have all these lenses!!
12-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #2442
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
actually, I couldn't see much connection between the two threads.
They are both about Nothing, just slightly different kinds of Nothing.

I assumed the mod (the irrepressible Parallax, who has obviously lost complete control of this thread and deserves a pay rise of several %) was just trying to add to the post numbers trying to get to some indeterminable number by New Year.
More likely trying to protect the rest of the site by shooing all the nonsense into one easily monitored location (tho' I can think of a couple N&R threads that could use a dose of cheerful nonsense!).

jatrax seems to have a serious problem,
Yes, with bunnies with waffles on their heads. I note that there is no waffle day in the schedule. This could be Important.

(but Pentax may no longer be doomed).
Pentax is always doomed. It's a universal constant.
12-31-2013, 10:24 PM   #2443
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
And to keep off topic, yes I do believe it was the lack of breakfast menu variety that has led to this. The wonder of it all is that now I can blame she who minds the menu! It is all her fault I have all these lenses!!
It seems as though some of us, me included, are achieving breakfast food/lens enlightenment after the thread merger. Very instructive.
12-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #2444
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@jatrax

I generally prefer the styling of the all-black FAs to the Fs, but they do look snazzy all together like that. The only F in my collection (that I am aware of) is the neat little 35-70.
12-31-2013, 10:35 PM   #2445
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'd like to know the total retail cost of that collection of F lenses back in 1970 or whenever they were the latest thing, and compare that price to a similar collection of current lenses (if possible), adjusted for inflation of course. Did it cost more to be a fully-outfitted Pentax shooter back then, or now?
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »