Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #2731
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
<heh> Small price to pay. And I know about this, firsthand, trust me. "Been there, done that." It's even more, um, awkward after a few beers.
I once was fly fishing - you know, shorty vest with 30 pockets, chest waders, felt-soled wading boots, Khakis, boxers, long underwear, wading socks, wool socks, liner socks - more buttons and laces than a Victorian party dress - out in the middle of nowhere - and I had the "other" problem . . . . .

Last edited by monochrome; 01-06-2014 at 11:06 AM.
01-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #2732
Pentaxian

Be proud, everyone. This thread is starting to have an effect out there in the real world.

2013 Was Big Year for Naming Your Baby 'Cheese' -- Daily Intelligencer
01-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #2733
Site Supporter

I think this thread is pretty much now accepted as our "bar" thread. The thread where meandering, off-topic conversations run their course & another one picks up.

I believe we were on cold weather. Which by the way, I'm STILL pissed off about.
01-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #2734
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I once was fly fishing - you know, shorty vest with 30 pockets, chest waders, felt-soled wading boots, Khakis, boxers, long underwear, wading socks, wool socks, liner socks - more buttons and laces than a Victorian party dress - out in the middle of nowhere - and I had the "other" problem . . . . .
I see your problem. Had all the accessories, but forgot the fishing rod, eh?

01-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #2735
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I think this thread is pretty much now accepted as our "bar" thread. The thread where meandering, off-topic conversations run their course & another one picks up.

I believe we were on cold weather. Which by the way, I'm STILL pissed off about.
This thread has not achieved full consciousness of self, that is, if it sees itself in the mirror, does it think it is looking at a different thread? And if it had a mirrorrless camera, would the answer still be the same?
01-06-2014, 11:31 AM - 1 Like   #2736
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I think this thread is pretty much now accepted as our "bar" thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KtAgAMzaeg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7KtAgAMzaeg
01-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #2737
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I was going to follow up on the Australian Shepherd question but I see Norm has already done. As far as anyone I know can say they have nothing to do with Australia except possibly they got associated with sheep and shepherds imported from Australia.

The base stock for the breed is supposed to have Basque origins brought to the US to herd sheep. Used throughout the western US as sheep and cattle dogs.

Still used extensively in Oregon as sheep dogs. And elsewhere as search & rescue and other jobs requiring lots of energy and desire to work. I am on my tablet or I would post a picture of our Sage.
I know historically Basque shepherds tended the sheep in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, northern California. And these guys brought their dogs with them. So we might say that Aussie shepherds are actually Basque Paella dogs with a slice of cheese for dessert. Anyone ever go to Elu's Basque restaurant in San Francisco North Beach? I and a group of impoverished grad students would make reservations for the paella so Elu could buy the fresh clams, mussels, sausage and crab. Minimum group size was eight to match the bass drum diameter of Elu's serving stoneware. Oh, and the fresh prawns from San Luis Obispo were the crown on the dish.

01-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #2738
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
This thread has not achieved full consciousness of self, that is, if it sees itself in the mirror, does it think it is looking at a different thread? ...
If it names itself Skynet, I'd be worried... After all, what would happen to the cheese supply then????

Jim
01-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #2739
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Solution is same for scuba divers in full wet suit under 30 feet of water. Scuba divers share with trout fishermen the distinction of . . . As we used to say, there were two kinds of divers: those who did and those who lied.
01-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #2740
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Nothing to see here . . . move along.
01-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #2741
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Be proud, everyone. This thread is starting to have an effect out there in the real world.

2013 Was Big Year for Naming Your Baby 'Cheese' -- Daily Intelligencer
Not sure if I can wrap my mind around this bit of information. If this is true, more than Tokyo is doomed.
01-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #2742
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
If it names itself Skynet, I'd be worried... After all, what would happen to the cheese supply then????

Jim
The virtual cheese in the Matrix is excellent, or so I hear.

(Yes, I know I'm mixing my movie evil machine overlords)
01-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #2743
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I was almost expecting "I love this bar", but that's probably more appropriate!
01-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #2744
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
This thread has not achieved full consciousness of self, that is, if it sees itself in the mirror, does it think it is looking at a different thread? And if it had a mirrorrless camera, would the answer still be the same?
Don't go there! The next step in the ladder is when the thread reaches its Full-Fillment, and the next thousand posts degrades into compaints about what might have been.
01-06-2014, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #2745
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
The virtual cheese in the Matrix is excellent, or so I hear.

(Yes, I know I'm mixing my movie evil machine overlords)
I think I might have taken the blue pill. Maybe.