Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #3031
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jac is right, Tina. Igunaq is a trap left for the unwary and tardy thread participants. Jac is kind enough to call me a young man, which makes me worry about the average age of men in Cape Dorset. I did penance and "read" the entire thread beginning when "Igunaq" appeared.

Took about five minutes with the encyclopedia reading following the Oxford English Dictionary. I also searched the thread for all references to Igunaq and limited actual posts to a much smaller number than the running total. That search took about 0.005 seconds. Then I read the posts with "Igunaq" appearing in them. I laughed a lot, so the reading took some time.

Total research and catchup ("ketchup"?--but no, these is a cheese thread) time was about two slices of Provolone on biscotti. The cheese slices were large.

This thread is now over 3000. Do not make the mistake of failing to know about Igunaq. Next time you return, this thread could have changed from cheese to tomato paste. And that is why I do not have time to buy a K3.

01-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #3032
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Point taken. Certainly I've learned my lesson this time?
01-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #3033
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
One young man had the temerity to miss a few days and got lost on the meaning of 'igunaq' as it relates to Ricoh and blue cheese. We made him start at post #1 again. Don't let that happen to you! You might miss the bombing of Tokyo with cheese-covered cotton balls or the invasion of said city by the Ricoh automatons.
Heh, cut out the threats, or I won't buy a K3.
01-08-2014, 09:15 PM - 1 Like   #3034
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
HOLY HOPPIN HIPPOS, BATMAN!! I'm out of it for a while(not Colorado induced) and this thread catches fire!!! Took me 15min just to catch up!! Oh and by the way still singing What does the Fox Say!! And FYI the Velveeta shortage is real!! People are starting to horde it!! Our stockpile is going fast!!

01-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #3035
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Jean, I am afraid that I am going to have to report you to the authorities for this......in your adaptive country, wine in anything that collapses...or have a screw-on-cap....is reason for immediate expulsion.
Ooops ... désolé et excusez-moi ... and I promise to stick to corks from now on ... really, c'est vrai ! J
01-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #3036
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I might buy a k-3 when we know what the fox says!
The fox doesn't say anything without his lawyer present. He knows his rights!

I asked the fox, and he said he won't buy a K-3 because "Hattee hattee hattee-ho". Must have something to do with the Ricoh logo.
01-08-2014, 10:45 PM - 1 Like   #3037
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
In preparation for the inevitable, is it Ricohnian or Ricohite?
When/if it happens, I'm going to go with "Ricohnaut". Like "Argonaut" or "Astronaut", but with Ricoh. "One who voyages with Ricoh".

This does not preclude being first and foremost a Pentaxian. One can be a Pentaxian Ricohnaut, just as Neil Armstrong was an American Astronaut, and Chris Hadfield is a Canadian Astronaut.

A bonus of "Ricohnaut" is that it has ready-made slurs for the pro-Ricoh and anti-Ricoh factions: "RicohNuts" and "RicohNOTS".

Oh, and cheese cheese wine dogs cats. There, I'm caught up from yesterday and don't have to buy a K-3.

01-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #3038
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
When/if it happens, I'm going to go with "Ricohnaut". Like "Argonaut" or "Astronaut", but with Ricoh. "One who voyages with Ricoh". ...

Oh, and cheese cheese wine dogs cats. There, I'm caught up from yesterday and don't have to buy a K-3.
RICOHNAUT !!! ... sounds like some sort of damned COMMUNIST THING ... like "Cosmonaut" ... where's a Senator Joe McCarthy when you need him ?! (PS - He was born in Wisconsin according to Wiki ... enough said)

Now can we add "witch hunts" or maybe just "K-3 witch hunts" to cheese, cheese, wine (to bottle or not to bottle), dogs, cats ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 01-09-2014 at 12:58 AM.
01-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #3039
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm going to go with "Ricohnaut".
I like this too and it is fully in compliance with the flavor of this thread. Consider:
Ricoh? Naught!

Steve
01-09-2014, 04:32 AM   #3040
Pentaxian

The fox doesn't say anything without his lawyer present. He knows his rights!

I asked the fox, and he said he won't buy a K-3 because "Hattee hattee hattee-ho". Must have something to do with the Ricoh logo.
That must include David Clayton Thomas and Blood, Sweat, and Tears from a piece of the sky and a K-3……….singing hattee, hattee, hattee, hatteeee….,hoooo.
01-09-2014, 05:21 AM   #3041
Veteran Member

Ricohnaut does kinda have a ring to it. By the way, as I was typing that, my phone's spell check tried to change it to Ricoh bait. Hm...
01-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #3042
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just remembered that I still have my K2 skis and my old and faithful Dachstein 6R boots, so that is why no K3 today.
Might go for a cracked pepper turkey and cheese sandwich however.
01-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #3043
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Ricohnaut does kinda have a ring to it. By the way, as I was typing that, my phone's spell check tried to change it to Ricoh bait. Hm...
Oh dear.

PentaxIsDoomed™
01-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #3044
Veteran Member

someone please explain the "Fox" reference... i'm not buying a K3 till I understand, or atleast until the world once again has all the velveeta its desires.

a world without mac n cheese is like,,, is like,, well Pentax,,, doomed!
01-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #3045
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh dear.

PentaxIsDoomed™
I just discovered something startling. The domain pentaxisdoomed.com is availabe.

Oh, the temptation...