Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108808 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #3091
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
You been talking to my wife??
Nope. My hibernating bear is sitting next to me on the couch. I don't understand how he can sleep like that either. Sitting straight up, head flopped over to the side. He's gonna complain all next week about the kink he's working on making right now & I'm going to be pretty unsympathetic. I tried waking him, but it's a lost cause.

01-09-2014, 08:52 PM - 1 Like   #3092
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Why do women all claim that men snore? My wife claims I snore. I stayed awake all night once to see if she was right. Never heard myself snore once.
She also claims I fall asleep in front of the tv in the evenings. I don't believe that, either. Now excuse me while I go take some ibuprofen for this mysterious kink in my neck.
01-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #3093
Site Supporter

I've threatened to record mine. He knows he snores, but he thinks he snores like the dog. This soft Tardis-like wheeze/whoosh sound. No. He doesn't. He sounds like a sawmill. Seriously. I've tried to convince him to go for a sleep study, but you know men & doctors...
01-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #3094
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
And here is a photo of the lighthouse on Point No Point (yes, that really is its name) thereby proving the point! But now that we've got that illuminated, I still won't be getting a K3. Not enough digits in the available budget...

Jim
Wonder if you can see Pass No Pass (near Glacier Peak) from Point No Point - your location sorta encapsulates this thread, in fact
You know I might buy a French K-3 with Ricoux on the back; I really don't want a 5-letter camera company in the house, which is partly why Pentax is my brand. If they won't do that then I still won't buy a K-3.

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
... He knows he snores, but he thinks he snores like the dog. This soft Tardis-like wheeze/whoosh sound. No. He doesn't. He sounds like a sawmill. Seriously. I've tried to convince him to go for a sleep study, but you know men & doctors...
I have a nassty CPAP device, unpleasant thing. But I was getting migraines before I started using it, so unless the K-3 cures migraines I'll be sticking with the cpap.

01-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #3095
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Wonder if you can see Pass No Pass (near Glacier Peak) from Point No Point - your location sorta encapsulates this thread, in fact
You know I might buy a French K-3 with Ricoux on the back; I really don't want a 5-letter camera company in the house, which is partly why Pentax is my brand. If they won't do that then I still won't buy a K-3.
Looking at the terrain, the only way you could see Pass No Pass from Point No Point would be with really strong X-ray vision. Glacier Peak lies kinda smack in between... I could go for a K-3 but only if it comes with that feature! Hey, might as well have some fun if I'm gonna give in...

Jim
01-10-2014, 04:56 AM   #3096
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I dedicated serious effort and thought to each and every comment.
Now, that is plain scary...!
01-10-2014, 05:24 AM   #3097
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Why do women all claim that men snore? My wife claims I snore. I stayed awake all night once to see if she was right. Never heard myself snore once. ...
Seems to be an "international" phenomenon ... or at least maybe a "bi-cultural" one ... my French wife says the same thing! I hear nothing at night ... and never believe 100% what the French say; I know from 17 years of experience in this country ... and that's why I think that James T. Kirk was a better captain than Jean-Luc Picard ... oh, that famous "Make it so", yeah right and whatever, you Shakespearian Frog ... J

This is also why I won't get a K-3, because my K-5 is more like Kirk ... "Shoot first and ask questions later ..."

01-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #3098
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My wife has gone well beyond the telling me I snore stage. This positively Kafkaesque exhange actually happened.

She said, "You should know you are snoring and when you are snoring you should stop snoring."

I said, "I would gladly stop snoring, but I would be asleep! How would I know I am snoring?"

She replied, "That's irrelevant. You should stop snoring."

And we stalked off to opposite sides of the house.

I didn't have the courage to counter with her nightime bodily functions.

We discussed a certain pug upthread. I try to hide the cheese after about 7pm.
01-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #3099
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I didn't have the courage to counter with her nightime bodily functions.
Discretion is not only the better part of valor, it's sometimes requisite for survival.
01-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #3100
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Discretion is not only the better part of valor, it's sometimes requisite for survival.
From the opposite side of the house I did imagine the countering discussion. It was a very satisfying daydream. But it would never have happened. Here is the way it would have gone.

I would say, "You should stop eating cheese after dinner. It makes you xxxx in your sleep. You should stop xxxxxxx in your sleep."

She would say, "I. Do. NOT. xxxx in my sleep."

I would say, "Of course you xxxx in your sleep. But you're asleep. How would you know when you are xxxxxxx in your sleep?"

She would say, "MEN xxxx in their sleep. Pugs xxxx in their sleep. I am neither a man nor a Pug. I am a Lady. Ladies. Do. NOT. xxxx in their sleep. They wake up and go to the bathroom."

"And you should STOP SNORING!!"

We will never win.
01-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #3101
Veteran Member

And here is a photo of the lighthouse on Point No Point (yes, that really is its name) thereby proving the point! But now that we've got that illuminated, I still won't be getting a K3. Not enough digits in the available budget...

Jim

Sounds like there is a misplaced point in your balance.
01-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #3102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

She said, "You should know you are snoring and when you are snoring you should stop snoring."

I said, "I would gladly stop snoring, but I would be asleep! How would I know I am snoring?"
Occasionally, when I was really tired, in the course of a dream, I would hear this God-awful noise just before waking up. I finally decided that I was snoring so loud that I was waking myself. So it is possible (sort of) to be asleep and know that you are snoring. I've since had multiple sinus surgeries, which seems to have helped.

Both my parents are world-class snorers, and my grandparents were so loud that when I was little, I was afraid to walk past their bedroom at night.

Edit: ...which may have emotionally scarred me so badly that I can't make good decisions like buying a K-3.

Last edited by THoog; 01-10-2014 at 10:50 AM.
01-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #3103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim
We have one of those lighthouses also.
It is not on, rather off, Point No Point.
I have couple pictures of it somewhere, too lazy to dig them up, so this will have to do.
Point No Point Lighthouse, Maryland at Lighthousefriends.com
01-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #3104
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From the opposite side of the house I did imagine the countering discussion. It was a very satisfying daydream. But it would never have happened. Here is the way it would have gone.
I too have had the discussions with "She who can do no wrong", always with "swcdnw" in absentia. Unfortunately, I will often mutter soto voce. This inevitably leads to a situation of "in sentia", and a plaintive cry of "WHAT did you just say?".
I find it remarkable that a person who cannot hear "The cards are maxed out" from a distance of five feet can hear a muttered phrase from 30 feet away, spoken behind two closed doors. The distaff ear in a remarkable piece of engineering.
01-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #3105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
So it is possible (sort of) to be asleep and know that you are snoring
"I. Do. NOT. snore in my sleep. DRUNKS snore in their sleep. Pugs snore in their sleep. I am neither a drunk nor a Pug. I am a Gentleman. Gentlemen. Do. NOT. snore in their sleep. They turn over and breathe."