Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #3526
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Me thinks it probably has more in to do with single malt than cheese!! Lots of single malt by the looks of it!!!
Crazy people. If that slope had snow on it, it would have at least a one black diamond on it.
edit: not steep enough for black, just good for green.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 01-19-2014 at 04:18 PM.
01-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #3527
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Crazy people. If that slope had snow on it, it would have at least a one black diamond on it.
edit: not steep enough for black, just good for green.
Green? I read the description as 1:1 and 1:2 throughout. 1 in 1 is 45 degrees. 1 in 2 is 27 degrees. Most black (diamond) ski runs are between 30 and 45 degrees with double diamonds being generally 45 with pitches as steep as 60 degrees. Blues average about 20 degrees with greens being somewhat less.

I used to work at a ski area and have had the joy of running down a 25 degree grass slope. It is do-able, but I would not attempt a run down 45 degrees!

Steve
01-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #3528
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Green? I would not attempt a run down 45 degrees!
Steve
But Steve, there's a big round of cheese at the bottom, if you live. (Bet you would if you we're being chased by a bevy of rabid Hocirs!)
01-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #3529
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
All this talk about running down steep slopes and rolling cheese wheels reminds me of the Omak Stampede and the Suicide Race.

Suicide Race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Animal rights activists have been trying to put an end to it for years.

01-19-2014, 05:38 PM - 1 Like   #3530
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The History of Velveeta from Smithsonian.com

"We as a culture have tended to gravitate toward foods that were—and are—predictable, unchanging and relatively bland," Werlin explains. "Processed cheese fit the bill, and it is also easy to use"

Last edited by monochrome; 01-19-2014 at 05:45 PM.
01-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #3531
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
"We as a culture have tended to gravitate toward foods that were—and are—predictable, unchanging and relatively bland," Werlin explains. "Processed cheese fit the bill, and it is also easy to use"
That's why you put Rotel tomatoes in it!!!
01-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #3532
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've been off playing with film cameras for a couple of months and I clicked to see the latest posts on the K-3 in this thread. I think this takes the prize for the most off topic veer in the history of electronic forums!

Can someone say "Lock This Thread???"

01-19-2014, 06:44 PM - 2 Likes   #3533
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
I've been off playing with film cameras for a couple of months and I clicked to see the latest posts on the K-3 in this thread. I think this takes the prize for the most off topic veer in the history of electronic forums!

Nooooo! This has become our "bar" thread, where we come in here after our day & sit & try to outBS the BSers.
01-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #3534
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Nooooo! This has become our "bar" thread, where we come in here after our day & sit & try to outBS the BSers.
For sure. This thread has provided many a smile for me, and judging from the posts of others the same can be said for them.

Of course we do need to tie it in occasionally with the topic.

If I had a K3 I would not be ashamed of the parent company placing their mark on it. After all, there are many Pentax cameras over the years that have brandished various markings that reflect such.

Hocir! Hocir! Hocir!

01-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #3535
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Green? I read the description as 1:1 and 1:2 throughout. 1 in 1 is 45 degrees. 1 in 2 is 27 degrees. Most black (diamond) ski runs are between 30 and 45 degrees with double diamonds being generally 45 with pitches as steep as 60 degrees. Blues average about 20 degrees with greens being somewhat less.

I used to work at a ski area and have had the joy of running down a 25 degree grass slope. It is do-able, but I would not attempt a run down 45 degrees!

Steve
I have no doubt that you are correct.
All I remember is bunch of green trails and the occasional single black diamond, that scared the crap out of me
01-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #3536
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sir, before making such a quick judgment, you should consider reading all the post in this thread, starting with page one...
01-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #3537
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
NO!! This thread is right on target!! What better way to celebrate a ridiculous statement, then to be ridiculously funny about it!!!! Besides you can't judge unless you have read all 236 pages!!

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Right on sister!!!
01-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #3538
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
NO!! This thread is right on target!! What better way to celebrate a ridiculous statement, then to be ridiculously funny about it!!!! Besides you can't judge unless you have read all 236 pages!!

Right on sister!!!
+1.The message is too short, get ready to be assimilated
01-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #3539
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
At least one of those threads was tongue-in-cheek by a user who has three Hocir cameras and her husband has a fourth. And she posts update threads showing her sophisticated rigs producing real, commercial still and video output with her Hocir cameras for real, American money.

So she's singing in the Choir, but it's the contrapuntal voice.
Yes, and I totally respect her ability, passion, and loyalty. That said, reading that thread makes my head hurt - the way "normal" people must feel when they wander into this one.
01-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #3540
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Yes, and I totally respect her ability, passion, and loyalty. That said, reading that thread makes my head hurt - the way "normal" people must feel when they wander into this one.
Is that why they seem not to stick around