Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #3661
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Where o where are you tonight! Why have you left me here all alone! I searched the world over just to find true love! You met another, and thpppt you were gone!!- Song from the TV show HEE-HAAW
Like this:
You Were Gone - YouTube
The story of my life...saw the K-3, turned it over and saw Ricoh...thpppt!!

Steve

01-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #3662
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
And what about 12 fluid onces = 1 cup ... 2 cups = 1 pint ... 2 pints = 1 quart, ... etc.
And what about 16 inches = 1 foot ... 3 feet = 1 yard ... 1760 yards = 1 mile, ... etc.
Been in France a little too long I see?
01-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #3663
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Been in France a little too long I see?
Oui .. too long and OK, I admit it ... was on my second or third glass (or bottle ?) of red wine (not whine ... with the real French cheese to follow) ... still have big fingertips and a small cranial area for conversions ... and this is WHY I won't get a K-3, because it cannot help me out with these everyday problems; c'est nul ! ... J
01-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #3664
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Oui .. too long and OK, I admit it ... was on my second or third glass (or bottle ?) of red wine (not whine ... with the real French cheese to follow) ... still have big fingertips and a small cranial area for conversions ... and this is WHY I won't get a K-3, because it cannot help me out with these everyday problems; c'est nul ! ... J
Shoot I missed the mess up and I don't even have a good excuse like Jean!!
I won't buy a K-3 because it's smarter than I am!!!

01-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #3665
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Shoot I missed the mess up and I don't even have a good excuse like Jean!!
I won't buy a K-3 because it's smarter than I am!!!
On the other hand, there may be 12 "fluid onces" per cup. I dunno!

Steve
01-23-2014, 02:31 PM   #3666
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Interesting paper on English weights and measures:
Units: Customary Units
01-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #3667
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The story of my life...saw the K-3, turned it over and saw Ricoh...thpppt!!

Steve
If you woke up with a throbbing headache, no memory of the party, your right arm under a snoring K3, looking at it's naked RICOH tatoo . . . . . .

01-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #3668
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If you woke up with a throbbing headache, no memory of the party, your right arm under a snoring K3, looking at it's naked RICOH tatoo . . . . . .

I fear I may have done worse once or twice.
01-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #3669
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
I fear I may have done worse once or twice.
did you buy a K3?

The last time I combined a swing band, Scotch and a pretty debutante . . . . . well, we're still married.
01-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #3670
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I now know I won't buy a K-3, and here's why:

Life is full of ups and downs, joy and sorrow, pain and pleasure.
As far as the pain goes, we all have our own tolerance level. B&H hit my pain threshold when they lowered the price of the K-5iis to $699.00. In the immortal words of Popeye; "That's all I can stands, cuz I can't stands no more!" I've wanted one since they hit the market, so after agonizing over the decision for 2 days, I ordered one.

EDIT: Does anyone know where I can get a miniature Ricoh plaque? I'd like to stick one on my new K-5 when it gets here. I think just under the rear LCD would be a good place.
01-23-2014, 03:40 PM   #3671
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
No polar bears here. Not even very cold so I am pretty sure they would be a bit surly anyway.
Calling a polar bear surly is a bit like saying Godzilla was cranky. They are basically three-quarters of a ton of "I don't give a s**t" attitude. Surly is when they're in a good mood
01-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #3672
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote

As far as the pain goes, we all have our own tolerance level. B&H hit my pain threshold when they lowered the price of the K-5iis to $699.00. In the immortal words of Popeye; "That's all I can stands, cuz I can't stands no more!" I've wanted one since they hit the market, so after agonizing over the decision for 2 days, I ordered one.

EDIT: Does anyone know where I can get a miniature Ricoh plaque? I'd like to stick one on my new K-5 when it gets here. I think just under the rear LCD would be a good place.
GRATZ!! I almost did that myself!

EDIT: Brother P-Touch Labeling Machine, black tape, white letters, Hocir
01-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #3673
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you considered one of these old DYNO`s.
Retro Embossed Label Maker Thank Yous || Free clever craft ideas, sewing patterns, templates and printables || Merriment Design
01-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #3674
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Calling a polar bear surly is a bit like saying Godzilla was cranky. They are basically three-quarters of a ton of "I don't give a s**t" attitude. Surly is when they're in a good mood
I read somewhere that the Polar Bear is the only mammal known to stalk humans for food. Others will eat humans after attacking for various other reasons, but the Polar Bear is reputed to be the only one to see us as prey.
01-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #3675
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I read somewhere that the Polar Bear is the only mammal known to stalk humans for food. Others will eat humans after attacking for various other reasons, but the Polar Bear is reputed to be the only one to see us as prey.
It's just that someone forgot to tell them that we're the top of the food chain.