Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #3736
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Can opposum`s pull a sled?
Depends on how many you have and how big the sled is.

Oh, and how many K3's you don't have on the sled.

01-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #3737
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

It occurred to me that I should not buy a K-3 until Ricoh provides a kit so that I can put my OWN NAME on the back of the camera.

Steve
01-24-2014, 11:14 AM - 1 Like   #3738
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It occurred to me that I should not buy a K-3 until Ricoh provides a kit so that I can put my OWN NAME on the back of the camera.

Yes, something like this will do nicely!

The new STEVEBROT K-3!!

Steve
01-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #3739
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm.... the tattoo on your cheek will read TORBEVEST

01-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #3740
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Hmmm.... the tattoo on your cheek will read TORBEVEST
Sounds Norwegian...

Steve
01-24-2014, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #3741
Veteran Member

Actually TORBEVEST is a small hill in South Dakota near Hetland. Locals call it Mt. Torbevest. Name came from an itinerant pots and pans salesman back in the Depression, whose name was Torvald, shortened to Torbe. Torvald dressed in a tuxedo, complete with vest and cummerbund and was legendary for selling no new fangled aluminum pots or pans. He also traded,in cast iron cookware which was well received. Torvald's Model A Ford succumbed to the weight of cast iron, went into a ditch, and floated down the Missouri River. Ultimately Torbe and his A became a shoals near Hocir, Arkansas close to the confluence of the Yazoo and Mississippi. Torbe never had a chance to buy a K3.
01-24-2014, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #3742
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Actually TORBEVEST is a small hill in South Dakota near Hetland. Locals call it Mt. Torbevest. Name came from an itinerant pots and pans salesman back in the Depression, whose name was Torvald, shortened to Torbe. Torvald dressed in a tuxedo, complete with vest and cummerbund and was legendary for selling no new fangled aluminum pots or pans. He also traded,in cast iron cookware which was well received. Torvald's Model A Ford succumbed to the weight of cast iron, went into a ditch, and floated down the Missouri River. Ultimately Torbe and his A became a shoals near Hocir, Arkansas close to the confluence of the Yazoo and Mississippi. Torbe never had a chance to buy a K3.
...and now we know The Rest Of the Story...Good Day!!

Steve

* will only be understood by people of a certain age who listened to radio in the U.S.

Last edited by stevebrot; 01-24-2014 at 12:40 PM.
01-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #3743
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sounds Norwegian...
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Actually TORBEVEST is a small hill in South Dakota near Hetland. Locals call it Mt. Torbevest. Name came from an itinerant pots and pans salesman back in the Depression, whose name was Torvald, shortened to Torbe.
Which means there's a good chance Steve is right, dontchaknow.
01-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #3744
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Which means there's a good chance Steve is right.
And all this time the family has insisted we are Scotch-Irish.

Steve
01-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #3745
Site Supporter

It's going to get down below 20℉ again this week. I will not buy a k-3 until you polar vortex butts stop sending me cold weather!
01-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #3746
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
and did anyone mention eggs?
I watchedthateggvideo! Thanks!! Do you know how much therapy costs around here???
01-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #3747
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
It's going to get down below 20℉ again this week. I will not buy a k-3 until you polar vortex butts stop sending me cold weather!
I do believe it is a conspiracy between geeky scientists who want dates and weather bunnies that are using them to further their careers!! Nothing like bad weather to get additional air time!!
01-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #3748
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Below 20? Temps here at 47 degrees North will be -30F. I share your pain. If Spring ever arrives, we should both buy a K3.
01-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #3749
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
I do believe it is a conspiracy between geeky scientists who want dates and weather bunnies that are using them to further their careers!! Nothing like bad weather to get additional air time!!
Walker, Minnesota with temps below 0 for the entire month has no story in the local paper about the weather. News is that Walleyes are biting in thirty feet of water on Walker Bay. Also, Aunt Jessie is visiting her granddaughter in Park Rapids. No word yet on the results of that visit.
01-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #3750
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Depends on how many you have and how big the sled is.

Oh, and how many K3's you don't have on the sled.
Possums showed up in Minnesota a few years ago. Mostly in the south and Cities. (we call everything south of Little Falls "the cities"). New invasive marsupial. Possibly deadly to Toyotas and squirrels. Good news is they don't get into the lakes and hang on the propellor of your outboard motor like zebra mussels. And they do not leap out of the St. Croix river and slap you in the head at twenty knots.