Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Better yet... ever drop a depth-charge into a school of cod on gulf of Finland
Who hasn't?

01-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #3782
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Better yet... ever drop a depth-charge into a school of cod on gulf of Finland. We did...had to pick them all up from the water and take them to the shore for processing, something in the law about "waste not".
Get any photos??? And did you guys get to eat any??
01-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #3783
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Get any photos??? And did you guys get to eat any??
Sorry, no photos. We did get to eat plenty and it was very very good.
Our cooks on the boat, in real life, were chefs in nice restaurants in Helsinki.
01-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #3784
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There is no good fish. The End.

01-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #3785
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes, something like this will do nicely!

The new STEVEBROT K-3!!

Steve
Nice!

I want one!

No.

Wait.

Gimmie two!
01-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #3786
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
It's going to get down below 20℉ again this week. I will not buy a k-3 until you polar vortex butts stop sending me cold weather!
I hear the entire state of Lousyanna is shut down because of an ice storm today.

Nice.

Maybe I should put off buying a K3 a bit longer.
01-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #3787
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
There is no good fish.
Bet me.

Keeps me from even thinking about a K3.

01-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #3788
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I hear the entire state of Lousyanna is shut down because of an ice storm today.

Nice.

Maybe I should put off buying a K3 a bit longer.
And really, why would anyone buy a K-3 before there is world peace and good weather all around. What kind of photographer would bring a K-3 into this vain and troubled world?
01-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #3789
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That`s raw shit, only good for worms and instant diet.
edit: raw fish
01-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #3790
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Possums showed up in Minnesota a few years ago. Mostly in the south and Cities. (we call everything south of Little Falls "the cities"). New invasive marsupial. Possibly deadly to Toyotas and squirrels. Good news is they don't get into the lakes and hang on the propellor of your outboard motor like zebra mussels. And they do not leap out of the St. Croix river and slap you in the head at twenty knots.
There is an overabundance of them out my way. I'm told they are not indigenous to the area, that the Tarheels who migrated into the mining and logging camps in the 1800's brought them along, as they like to eat them.

Don't know, but I I do know they are bothersome little critters.

One got into the neighbors hen house. Took up permanent residence, eating all the eggs the hens laid. I had been buying eggs from my neighbor and when she told me the hens had stopped laying I went over to investigate. Sure enough there was this possum, dang thing had made a nest in the hen house.

The neighbor asked me if I could get rid of it for her, with a promise of free eggs for a few months.

Sure, no problem!

I went home and got my Ruger 357 Magnum Six Shooter. Complete with hollowpoint magnum rounds.

Overkill, I know.

When I got back to the hen house the door was locked, so I looked in the small opening the chickens used. There was the possum, just about 3 feet inside the door. I pointed the pistol right at the hissing little monster, about 6 inches from his mouth, and squeezed the trigger.

Damn thing ate the first round and kept hissing at me! Man, they have a mouthfull of sharp, pointy teeth!

So I squeezed the trigger 5 more times.

The sound was deafening.

He thrashed about for a minute or two and then it got real quiet.

Oh, and the chickens were inside the coop too.

They didn't lay another egg for about 3 months.

Oops!

Well the possum problem was solved!

And since I had to buy store bought eggs for awhile I don't have enough money for a K3.
01-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #3791
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

That`s raw shit, only good for worms and instant diet.
edit: raw fish
Actually it is not all raw. The tako (octopus) is steamed. The unagi (eel) is cooked, tastes like rainbow trout. The tomago (kind of an omelet made with eggs) is fully cooked. The shrimp is also cooked.

Oh, and there is no shit in that picture.
01-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #3792
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Oh man, Walleyes, there's some over there in the frozen lake, but it's 30 below... I can't stand it.
Ya gotta take your shack out there on the lake, cut a hole in the ice, and the drop in a line!
01-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #3793
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
There is an overabundance of them out my way. I'm told they are not indigenous to the area, that the Tarheels who migrated into the mining and logging camps in the 1800's brought them along, as they like to eat them.

Don't know, but I I do know they are bothersome little critters.

One got into the neighbors hen house. Took up permanent residence, eating all the eggs the hens laid. I had been buying eggs from my neighbor and when she told me the hens had stopped laying I went over to investigate. Sure enough there was this possum, dang thing had made a nest in the hen house.

The neighbor asked me if I could get rid of it for her, with a promise of free eggs for a few months.

Sure, no problem!

I went home and got my Ruger 357 Magnum Six Shooter. Complete with hollowpoint magnum rounds.

Overkill, I know.

When I got back to the hen house the door was locked, so I looked in the small opening the chickens used. There was the possum, just about 3 feet inside the door. I pointed the pistol right at the hissing little monster, about 6 inches from his mouth, and squeezed the trigger.

Damn thing ate the first round and kept hissing at me! Man, they have a mouthfull of sharp, pointy teeth!

So I squeezed the trigger 5 more times.

The sound was deafening.

He thrashed about for a minute or two and then it got real quiet.

Oh, and the chickens were inside the coop too.

They didn't lay another egg for about 3 months.

Oops!

Well the possum problem was solved!

And since I had to buy store bought eggs for awhile I don't have enough money for a K3.
A friend who lived for a while in my basement before I bought the house, told me he came home and there was a skunk barring the basement door where he usually entered, so he decided to shoot it. He was a Brinks Security guard and actually owned about 35 hand guns (yes if you have the right job you can legally own hand guns in Canada).. he ran through the upstairs door four or five times trying to make up his mind which gun to shoot it with, by the time he'd made his "final decision" The skunk was long gone.
01-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #3794
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
A friend who lived for a while in my basement before I bought the house, told me he came home and there was a skunk barring the basement door where he usually entered, so he decided to shoot it. He was a Brinks Security guard and actually owned about 35 hand guns (yes if you have the right job you can legally own hand guns in Canada).. he ran through the upstairs door four or five times trying to make up his mind which gun to shoot it with, by the time he'd made his "final decision" The skunk was long gone.
It's a good thing he didn't shoot it or you probably would be living in another house!! They tend to go off like a bomb when shot! What about all the poor suckers that don't have the right job?? Oh yeah, walking happy meals for bears!!!
01-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #3795
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Better yet... ever drop a depth-charge into a school of cod on gulf of Finland. We did...had to pick them all up from the water and take them to the shore for processing, something in the law about "waste not".
Reminds me of a story . . . . . . .

No one in town could catch any fish except Bubba. The game warden asked him how he did it. Bubba told the game warden that he would take him fishing the next day. Once they got to the middle of the lake Bubba reached into the tackle box, took out a stick of dynamite, lit it, and threw it in the water. After the explosion fish started floating to the top of the water. Then Bubba took out a net and started picking up the fish.

The game warden exclaimed, "Bubba! That is illegal!"

Bubba calmly took out another stick of dynamite and lit it. He then handed it to the game warden and asked, "Warden, you gonna talk, or you gonna fish?"

Since I have so many fish to clean I don't have time for a K3.