Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #3901
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The K3 has no hood ornament, nor does it have wipers on the screen. Also, the sensor sites are about no-see-um size, and there's no filter to keep them inside the camera. Until these technical issues have been addressed, I cannot, will not, buy a K-3

01-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #3902
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
But no, I tend to shy away from refrigerated loads. I'd have to keep stopping and buy ice to keep it cold you know.

Scary also! We actually had a driver show up with a load of ice cream melting and pouring out the doors because he didn't realize the reefer needed fuel to run and it shut off on a warm summer day!! Trailer temp was 70F when he arrived!! Kinda felt sorry for the poor thing, since he now owned that load!!
01-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #3903
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thermo King of Minnesota invented reefer truck units. Apparently they work pretty well. Fish from both coasts, fresh veggies and fruits. No ice required.
01-27-2014, 02:41 PM   #3904
Veteran Member

Now if Pentax was bought out by Peterbilt, I would buy all their stuff!!!

01-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #3905
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
The K3 has no hood ornament, nor does it have wipers on the screen. Also, the sensor sites are about no-see-um size, and there's no filter to keep them inside the camera. Until these technical issues have been addressed, I cannot, will not, buy a K-3
Joel, You are correct about No-see-um size. They are pixel dimensions. Like two pixels. Irritating little buggers. If I leave the kitchen window open for ventilation, with a ceiling light on, they are dead bugs on floor and countertop in the morning.

I adore dragon flies. They save us from No-see-ums and from the larger deer flies that chew on bare feet while on the boat. Dragon flies rule, and I cannot buy a K3 until their abundance saves my ankles and toes.
01-27-2014, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #3906
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Now if Pentax was bought out by Peterbilt, I would buy all their stuff!!!
An old joke, and stop me if you've heard it ... "Old truckers never die, they just get a new P______ (fill in the blank) !

Possible answers = Peterbilt, Pentax, Possum ... what other "P" words have been seen in this thread ?!
01-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #3907
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Joel, You are correct about No-see-um size
???? Someone messing with my mind????

01-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #3908
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
An old joke, and stop me if you've heard it ... "Old truckers never die, they just get a new P______ (fill in the blank) !

Possible answers = Peterbilt, Pentax, Possum ... what other "P" words have been seen in this thread ?!
01-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #3909
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I try to avoid Black Fly season in the northern states and Canada. For pure cussedness nothing comes close to a Black Fly.
In Minnesota we have small black,biting flies that hatch in June. We call them "No-see-ums" because suddenly a sharp pain erupts from a bare foot or leg with no visible bug to swat.
Those, too. But I knew them in Maine and North Conway, New Hampshire in my more rebellious youth.
01-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #3910
Pentaxian

Love your hood ornaments.
You might want to watch who you say that to. Just be careful is all I'm sayin'.
01-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #3911
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
You might want to watch who you say that to. Just be careful is all I'm sayin'.
Got it. Hood ornaments are simply hood ornaments and "sparrow strainers."
01-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #3912
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I've heard that the juices from the love bugs will ruin the paint on your car.

Enough reason for me to not get a K3.
That's true, if you don't wash them off very quickly. The turnpike service plazas sometimes have guys with big water hoses positioned at the exit ramps just for that reason.

But I won't spray Pam on the camera, so no K3 is in the offing...
01-27-2014, 05:47 PM   #3913
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In Minnesota we have small black,biting flies that hatch in June. We call them "No-see-ums" because suddenly a sharp pain erupts from a bare foot or leg with no visible bug to swat.
We used to do a little trip at the school where I taught called the Grand Portage for short. An old route the Hudson's Bay Company pioneered from Thunder Bay to Winnipeg; 750 - 800 miles, 32 portages including the Grand which was around 8 1/2 miles. 250 lb. freighter canoes. Throughout, you're assaulted by mosquitoes, deer flies, horse flies, stable flies (nuisancy l'il devils look like house flies but savor sweat and blood). And of course, no-see-ums which even invade your sleeping bag. After one particularly tough portage in sweltering heat, surrounded by clouds of insects, my co-leader got this silly smile on his face so I asked him what was up. He looked at me and mumbled "Thank (religious entity deleted) spiders can't fly!"
Always remembered that line when things got tough. Like when we ran out of bacon and cheese.
01-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #3914
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Like when we ran out of bacon and cheese.
I didn't know this was a horror story
01-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #3915
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
We used to do a little trip at the school where I taught called the Grand Portage for short.
You did the Grand Portage?

Whoa!

I once knew a girl in High School who did it, but I can't imagine. 226 rods near to killed me.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »