Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #3916
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Like when we ran out of bacon and cheese.
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
I didn't know this was a horror story

... they got out of the car, and there, on the door handle, was an empty bacon package!!!

01-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #3917
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
... they got out of the car, and there, on the door handle, was an empty bacon package!!!
(Homer Simpson Scream)
01-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #3918
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In the first shot the three 'Supervisors' on the left look like they've eaten their fair share of Velveeta. Good Grief - they actually look like Velveeta!!
Actually the supervisor is the guy on the right in the foreground with the white hardhat and orange vest. All the other guys are riggers. Each one has a specific job. And because they are union nobody does any job but their own.

If anyone steps in and starts doing another guys work, the grievances start to fly.

And then nobody will have enough money to buy a K3.
01-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #3919
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Love your hood ornaments.
Actually the pirate duck was on my last truck. The princess duck is on the hood of a really nice gal that drives for the same company I do.

And she is not into photography, so she will not buy a K3.

01-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #3920
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
In Minnesota we have small black,biting flies that hatch in June. We call them "No-see-ums" because suddenly a sharp pain erupts from a bare foot or leg with no visible bug to swat. They hatch in hordes and only the dragonflies can eliminate them. I used to windsurf with bare feet until the bites made me crash too many times. I wear scuba diver booties now.

No-see-ums can squeeze through window screen mesh, but not through tropical grade mosquito netting. So here at the Lake, we close our windows at dusk during No-see-um season and run AC. One would think there would be a federal program to reimburse homeowners for No-see-um attacks, including paying for AC in July and August. Either that, or we need a concerted dragon fly breeding program to introduce thousands of Dragons per Minnesota square mile in the Arboreal forest regions. These regions are the "lungs of North America" and we need more trees and less corn. Not to mention fewer No-see-ums.
Apologies, as I know that you really like it there, or you would not stay.

But.

For the life of me I cannot grasp why anyone would like to live there. When I go through in the winter it is colder than a well digger's backside, and winter lasts about 5 months. When it isn't winter it is hot and humid, and the bugs are horrendous. And why can't the Minnesota Department of Transportation build a freeway that is smooth? Out of all the places I go the freeways there have to be the worst, roughest cobs I encounter. From the very moment I cross the South Dakota/Minnesota state line until I pass into Wisconsin or Iowa, it is "bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump! bump!"

Shakes my beer up dude!

Oh, and you mention the "Lake".

Which one?

After all, it says right there on the license plates, "10,000 Lakes".

So which one of those 10,000 lakes is the "Lake"?

Will that keep you from buying a K3?
01-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #3921
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote

Scary also! We actually had a driver show up with a load of ice cream melting and pouring out the doors because he didn't realize the reefer needed fuel to run and it shut off on a warm summer day!! Trailer temp was 70F when he arrived!! Kinda felt sorry for the poor thing, since he now owned that load!!
Uf da!

A full load?

That's a lot of money!

They'll let anyone drive a truck these days!

Bet he won't be able to buy a K3!
01-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #3922
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Minnesota roads are worse than South Dakota?
I've always claimed that our pavement here was unique in that it doesn't make roads any smoother, it just keeps the dust down.

01-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #3923
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
That's true, if you don't wash them off very quickly. The turnpike service plazas sometimes have guys with big water hoses positioned at the exit ramps just for that reason.
I moved an oversize load down to Stuart last September and went down the turnpike. I was caught off guard by the sprayers as you pull through the service plazas. If you drive close enough to them they automatically spray water on your windshield.

I wasn't expecting it, and had my window part way down.

Scared the crap outta me!

So much so I probably won't get a K3.
01-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #3924
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Minnesota roads are worse than South Dakota?
In the 5 years I've been trucking they have been systematically repaving I-90 from Wyoming to Minnesota.

I think they are trying to impress the tourists or something.

But it won't get them to buy a K3.
01-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #3925
Site Supporter

We're maybe getting up to 1.5" of snow tomorrow. I won't buy a k-3 because snow is too much white.
01-27-2014, 08:35 PM   #3926
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
We're maybe getting up to 1.5" of snow tomorrow. I won't buy a k-3 because snow is too much white.
That's a good place for it. The best place for snow is anyplace I don't have to shovel it.
01-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #3927
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
In the 5 years I've been trucking they have been systematically repaving I-90 from Wyoming to Minnesota.

I think they are trying to impress the tourists or something.

But it won't get them to buy a K3.
In the 35+ years I've lived here they've been doing that. That's the reason I90 is 4 lanes (2 each way). 2 to drive on and 2 to constantly repair.
01-27-2014, 08:43 PM   #3928
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That's a good place for it. The best place for snow is anyplace I don't have to shovel it.
You're an (word I'm pretty sure will get me in trouble) @$$&9/3.
01-28-2014, 03:46 AM   #3929
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I never understood why we couldn't just abolish snow. Nothing good comes of it anyway, just trouble.

Somebody have to do something!
01-28-2014, 04:22 AM   #3930
Veteran Member

I saw this and just had to share the news. I won't buy a K-3 because I'm saving my money for...