Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108794 Likes Search this Thread
01-28-2014, 04:31 AM   #3931
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
They'll let anyone drive a truck these days!
Pretty sure he is flipping burgers now!

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Minnesota roads are worse than South Dakota
I like I-90! We went ripping across there doing 80 all they way to the Black Hills!! And Wall Drug is there!!!
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
We're maybe getting up to 1.5" of snow tomorrow. I won't buy a k-3 because snow is too much white.
That's like end of the world, pillage the stores and prepare to be cut off for weeks storm for you guys!!! Not to rub it in, but aren't you guys supposed to be in the 60's or 70's now??
Burn more tires!!!! Global warming is not working!!!

01-28-2014, 04:34 AM   #3932
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I never understood why we couldn't just abolish snow. Nothing good comes of it anyway, just trouble.

Somebody have to do something!
Snow is fun to drive in!
Therefore, less time to think about the K3, while playing in the white stuff
01-28-2014, 04:39 AM   #3933
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
Stupid reason for not getting the K3 imo. ha ha ha I'm sure you're a smart person, maybe a great photographer, but You're just as bad as the people only hiring canon and nikon shooters. ha ha "I'm not going to buy this product because it is a brand not many people know" Hmm... Sounds exactly like the people declining you because "you don't shoot with a certain brand". ha
01-28-2014, 06:03 AM - 1 Like   #3934
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Scootatheschool1990;2665839 ":
I'm not going to buy this product because it is a brand not many people know" Hmm... Sounds exactly like the people declining you because "you don't shoot with a certain brand". ha
As much as it goes against my principles, as much as it pains me to make an on topic post in this thread; I have to say that's an excellent point.

We now return you to your regularly unscheduled cheese.

01-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #3935
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
That pilot should have flown more slowly so he could have avoided that poor defenseless and innocent creature.
Defenceless? Innocent? A kamikaze snow goose gander on a direct flight path into our aircraft when he had the whole of the Arctic to cruise around? Personnally, I think he took a look at our black and white paint job and thought he was in line for the biggest female in any flock and was thinking "I'm gonna get me some!" right up to the impact.
01-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #3936
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Snow is fun to drive in!
Therefore, less time to think about the K3, while playing in the white stuff
Bah, tell that to the lorry drivers coming up from continental Europe on bad tyres, no snow chains, and without the faintest trace of winter driving skills. Pretty much makes it impossible to drive anywhere for anyone!

Oh, and for people of 'murican orientation: Lorry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

01-28-2014, 07:19 AM   #3937
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not Lory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia?

You have to admit, "lory driver" sounds like a challenging and difficult job!

01-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #3938
Pentaxian

I knew a girl named Lorie once, as far as I know, nobody drove her. I also knew a guy named Laurie , as far as I know no one drove him either.. Same high school. I wonder if they liked cheese and bacon, although being Canadian, you'd have to assume they liked both. If they married each other... one would have had to change their first name. Or if she took his name they would have been Lorie and Laurie Cahill, which sounds a bit like a law firm. These are the kinds of things you think about during French class.

I'm not buying a K-3 because Lorie whatever her name was didn't marry Laurie Cahill (who was the quarterback on my Jr. football team.)

Last edited by normhead; 01-28-2014 at 10:04 AM.
01-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #3939
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
why I won't buy a k3
Ok, do you really want to know why?....Honestly?....I have to confess, I really want to buy one.....but...but
,,,,I'm scared of my wife...
01-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #3940
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Not Lory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia?

You have to admit, "lory driver" sounds like a challenging and difficult job!
Ah, I knew you people would struggle with this!
01-28-2014, 08:53 AM   #3941
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Bah, tell that to the lorry drivers coming up from continental Europe on bad tyres, no snow chains, and without the faintest trace of winter driving skills. Pretty much makes it impossible to drive anywhere for anyone!

Oh, and for people of 'murican orientation: Lorry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ah yes, the lorry. Not to be confused with the loo.

And over here on this side of the pond we also have more than our fair share of n00bs driving big trucks (lorries) who should not be turned loose with a bicycle, let alone 80,000lbs of rolling steel.

Scares me ****less sometimes.

And prevents me from even considering a K3.
01-28-2014, 08:57 AM   #3942
Veteran Member

even though adorama is selling the K3 bundled with the FA77 for around 1800, I'm still......NOT!!!... buying...a....K3.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/249718-up-600-savin...-3-bundle.html

I think...

Nope! GF still needs golf clubs first, and I would need a grip more than an FA77. Phew. That was close.
01-28-2014, 09:01 AM   #3943
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote

Ok, do you really want to know why?....Honestly?....I have to confess, I really want to buy one.....but...but
,,,,I'm scared of my wife...
That is the most compelling reason I have seen yet.

At least you appear to know the "secret" to a good marriage.

But not why I cannot buy a K3.

Nope.

Mrs. Racer and I have an understanding when it comes to my hobbies. So long as it keeps me focused and away from bars and chasing women, it is OK by her.

My reasons for not getting a K3 are many and varied, but have nothing to do with Hocir and the battle with Mothra.
01-28-2014, 09:02 AM   #3944
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If they marred each other... one would have had to change their first name.
One of my customers' name is Tracy. His wife's first name is Tracy; same spelling. That just has to cause a bit of confusion around their house.

Last edited by Parallax; 01-28-2014 at 11:23 AM.
01-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #3945
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I saw this and just had to share the news. I won't buy a K-3 because I'm saving my money for...

Bacon.

Is there anything it can't do?

Certainly will add to the reasons I will not buy a K3.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »