Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2014, 03:03 PM - 3 Likes   #3991
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Well, I hope people find other posts to like. I don't want to appear to so openly whoring fishing for likes
Let's have a "Like-a-thon" ... Simple suggested rules : Go find an older post in this thread and "like" it for no real reason other than to keep this thread ahead in the "like" category statistics ... also maybe come back and quote the thread that you liked and state openly that you "liked" it again for no real reason other than to keep this thread ahead of the other K-3 threads ... this will add another post as well ... rinse and repeat ... if bottle empties, go out and buy more ... it's time for me to go to bed ... so say "Goodnight", Gracie ... "Goodnight Gracie" ... legends J

01-29-2014, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #3992
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Let's have a "Like-a-thon" ... Simple suggested rules : Go find an older post in this thread and "like" it for no real reason other than to keep this thread ahead in the "like" category statistics ... also maybe come back and quote the thread that you liked and state openly that you "liked" it again for no real reason other than to keep this thread ahead of the other K-3 threads ... this will add another post as well ... rinse and repeat ... if bottle empties, go out and buy more ... it's time for me to go to bed ... so say "Goodnight", Gracie ... "Goodnight Gracie" ... legends J
Heading to page one now...
01-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #3993
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Or sparrows taken from the grilles of Junkliners.

Paying for the damage keeps my K3 kitty too low to buy one!
"Like-a-thon" post ... "liked" and quoted ... plus there was an image associated with the post, a bonus !

Goodnight again, Gracie ... J
01-29-2014, 03:09 PM - 1 Like   #3994
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I won't buy a K-3 because my K-5IIs arrived yesterday.
Booyah! congratulations proud papa.

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Am I the only one always rooting for Wile E? Always get disappointed too
Me too. Just once....

Also, I want one of those ACME black holes.

01-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #3995
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You DAWG!! Go extended ISO!
01-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #3996
Pentaxian

God, there are so many pages in this thread, if you were to start on page one, and find a post to like on each page, you'd always be a half year behind.
01-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #3997
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

200 pages for Post #3996, Norm, on my machine.

01-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #3998
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Heading to page one now...

We are never going to see or hear from him again. He can't possibly catch up.
01-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #3999
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Jos ei viinaa, tervaa ja saunaa kestä, niin K-3 on kuolemaksi
No, se on tosi juttu.
01-29-2014, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #4000
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

And here's 4,000!
01-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #4001
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
I had the same thought. She could be lost in posts forever.
edit: 4001 and here we come, 5000.
01-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #4002
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I just noticed the tags for this thread (at the bottom of the page): ammo, arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, camera, canon, catch 22, cheese, dachsunds, dslr, front, igunaq, k-3, k-mount, k3, kids, marital relations, pentax, pentax k-3, pentax lens, people, possums, research, ricoh, sandwich, slr lens, snoring, study, tokyo
01-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #4003
Veteran Member

The position on the page is only due to last post time. Everything trades off there.
By post count, the other threads have as much chance of catching this one as Wile E. Coyote has of catching the Road Runner. We're still averaging better than 1000 per month since the OP.
Likes are another matter; that could go either way. (We'll just ignore the likes to post ratio issue........)

And so now a dilemma. I own a K30 and lust for the K3. But also want the 21mmLtd, green stripe at $489. My kit includes the 15mm Ltd, 35mm Macro Ltd, 70 mm Ltd, 18-135WR, 55-300 DA and the Sigma 50mm, f/1.4. In your thousands of shots, do you think I should invest in the K3, or buy the 21 Ltd. This is serious because B&H has limited numbers of the 21.

I shoot nothing in particular and everything in general. Wide angle is,about 60 percent of shots. Lots of architecture, lots of pseudo macro closeups and a huge number of portrait shots. I have convinced myself, almost, to buy he 21 because my youngest daughter will be married in May and although I will not tread on the Pro's turf, I,will shoot a lot of indoor candid and posed shots requiring wide angle.

I also do not want to carry a coke can lens for this day, I.e. my beloved zooms. But I cannot decide if my kit of lenses is okay and forget about the K3 and tape over the "0" on the camera body.

I will be shooting the Chapel in available light, which is not much, y the way. If you have advice, I will appreciate it. T my oldest daughter's wedding many years ago, the best photos were by her Friend, using no flash at ceremony or reception and never intruding herself into the hired Pro's work sequence. I see my mission as similarly limited.

I think my 15 is too wide and my 35 is too long. But I also have concerns about high ISO performance by the K30 vs. the K3. The Chapel is about 50 feet wide, interior dimensions x 100 feet long. Reception venue is an historic house in the core of Savannah with smaller,and darker rooms.

Any advice?

This may be why or why not I buy a K3. Cheese will be served at the reception in Savannah.
01-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #4004
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Her! (Hint: read my user id as Dan's Amy)
01-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #4005
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just noticed the tags for this thread (at the bottom of the page): ammo, arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, camera, canon, catch 22, cheese, dachsunds, dslr, front, igunaq, k-3, k-mount, k3, kids, marital relations, pentax, pentax k-3, pentax lens, people, possums, research, ricoh, sandwich, slr lens, snoring, study, tokyo
Well rounded, to say the least