Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #4006
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Her! (Hint: read my user id as Dan's Amy)
What are you doing here?
edit: why are you here and not at page one

01-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #4007
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
And so now a dilemma. I own a K30 and lust for the K3. But also want the 21mmLtd, green stripe at $489. My kit includes the 15mm Ltd, 35mm Macro Ltd, 70 mm Ltd, 18-135WR, 55-300 DA and the Sigma 50mm, f/1.4. In your thousands of shots, do you think I should invest in the K3, or buy the 21 Ltd. This is serious because B&H has limited numbers of the 21.

I shoot nothing in particular and everything in general. Wide angle is,about 60 percent of shots. Lots of architecture, lots of pseudo macro closeups and a huge number of portrait shots. I have convinced myself, almost, to buy he 21 because my youngest daughter will be married in May and although I will not tread on the Pro's turf, I,will shoot a lot of indoor candid and posed shots requiring wide angle.

I also do not want to carry a coke can lens for this day, I.e. my beloved zooms. But I cannot decide if my kit of lenses is okay and forget about the K3 and tape over the "0" on the camera body.

I will be shooting the Chapel in available light, which is not much, y the way. If you have advice, I will appreciate it. T my oldest daughter's wedding many years ago, the best photos were by her Friend, using no flash at ceremony or reception and never intruding herself into the hired Pro's work sequence. I see my mission as similarly limited.

I think my 15 is too wide and my 35 is too long. But I also have concerns about high ISO performance by the K30 vs. the K3. The Chapel is about 50 feet wide, interior dimensions x 100 feet long. Reception venue is an historic house in the core of Savannah with smaller,and darker rooms.

Any advice?

This may be why or why not I buy a K3. Cheese will be served at the reception in Savannah.
Yup. Take some lutefisk and bacon sandwiches with you. The food they serve at those events usually isn't very good.
01-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #4008
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I won't buy a K-3 because my K-5IIs arrived yesterday.
You know I am about ready to drop the hammer on a K5IIs myself.

I just gotta hit one more bird . . . . . . . . wait, I gotta miss one, yeah that's it. That's the ticket!

Miss 'em.
01-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #4009
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
What are you doing here?
Not falling behind! I liked stuff on pages 1&2. (On my phone, which I think has fewer posts per page.)

01-29-2014, 04:21 PM   #4010
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
You know I am about ready to drop the hammer on a K5IIs myself.

I just gotta hit one more bird . . . . . . . . wait, I gotta miss one, yeah that's it. That's the ticket!

Miss 'em.
It's a significant upgrade from my K20D. The difference in noise is quite remarkable.
01-29-2014, 04:21 PM   #4011
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
No, se on tosi juttu.
Sisu kuomalina!
01-29-2014, 04:21 PM   #4012
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You could get a KII/IIs and the 21mm and come out ahead cash-wise. I have the IIs and K3. The K3 is first pick for outings but I assure you, the KIIs lacks nothing for image quality and high ISO which it appears you're after.

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
And so now a dilemma. I own a K30 and lust for the K3. But also want the 21mmLtd, green stripe at $489. My kit includes the 15mm Ltd, 35mm Macro Ltd, 70 mm Ltd, 18-135WR, 55-300 DA and the Sigma 50mm, f/1.4. In your thousands of shots, do you think I should invest in the K3, or buy the 21 Ltd. This is serious because B&H has limited numbers of the 21.

I shoot nothing in particular and everything in general. Wide angle is,about 60 percent of shots. Lots of architecture, lots of pseudo macro closeups and a huge number of portrait shots. I have convinced myself, almost, to buy he 21 because my youngest daughter will be married in May and although I will not tread on the Pro's turf, I,will shoot a lot of indoor candid and posed shots requiring wide angle.

I also do not want to carry a coke can lens for this day, I.e. my beloved zooms. But I cannot decide if my kit of lenses is okay and forget about the K3 and tape over the "0" on the camera body.

I will be shooting the Chapel in available light, which is not much, y the way. If you have advice, I will appreciate it. T my oldest daughter's wedding many years ago, the best photos were by her Friend, using no flash at ceremony or reception and never intruding herself into the hired Pro's work sequence. I see my mission as similarly limited.

I think my 15 is too wide and my 35 is too long. But I also have concerns about high ISO performance by the K30 vs. the K3. The Chapel is about 50 feet wide, interior dimensions x 100 feet long. Reception venue is an historic house in the core of Savannah with smaller,and darker rooms.

Any advice?

This may be why or why not I buy a K3. Cheese will be served at the reception in Savannah.

01-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #4013
Veteran Member

Yup. Take some lutefisk and bacon sandwiches with you. The food they serve at those events usually isn't very good.
Good Advice. There is no lutefisk in Georgia. Must bring in carry-on.
01-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #4014
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Let's have a "Like-a-thon" ... Simple suggested rules : Go find an older post in this thread and "like" it for no real reason other than to keep this thread ahead in the "like" category statistics ... also maybe come back and quote the thread that you liked and state openly that you "liked" it again for no real reason other than to keep this thread ahead of the other K-3 threads ... this will add another post as well ... rinse and repeat ... if bottle empties, go out and buy more ... it's time for me to go to bed ... so say "Goodnight", Gracie ... "Goodnight Gracie" ... legends J
Goodnight Gracie!

01-29-2014, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #4015
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not falling behind! I liked stuff on pages 1&2. (On my phone, which I think has fewer posts per page.)
Just stay here, no point going back, it`s too dangerous.
Unless you can leave bits of a K3 behind, as bread-crumbs. Now, there might be a reason to get one.
01-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #4016
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
... plus there was an image associated with the post, a bonus !
Yes. An image created by yours truly with a K10!

All the more reason to not get a K3. (psst! I'm holding out for a full frame!)

Goodnight George!
01-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #4017
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
You could get a KII/IIs and the 21mm and come out ahead cash-wise. I have the IIs and K3. The K3 is first pick for outings but I assure you, the KIIs lacks nothing for image quality and high ISO which it appears you're after.
Thanks. But how do I recover from purchase remorse after buying the lesser camera body? This is quite complicated.
01-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #4018
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

It's a significant upgrade from my K20D. The difference in noise is quite remarkable.
Keep talkin'!

Just keep talkin'!

Y'all are gonna keep that K3 outta my hands, that's fer sure!
01-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #4019
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Why are you even here? I thought you'd still be digging out from the Blizzard of '14. Or at least volunteering at shelters for stranded, shivering possums.
01-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #4020
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I just noticed the tags for this thread (at the bottom of the page): ammo, arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, camera, canon, catch 22, cheese, dachsunds, dslr, front, igunaq, k-3, k-mount, k3, kids, marital relations, pentax, pentax k-3, pentax lens, people, possums, research, ricoh, sandwich, slr lens, snoring, study, tokyo
Dang!

I was going to add a few more and got this:
QuoteQuote:
This thread already has the maximum number of tags and you are not allowed to edit any existing tags.