Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #4246
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I've seen two patients die from liver failure due to Tylenol overdose. It isn't pretty, it doesn't take as much as most people might think, and there are no symptoms until it's too late. Acetaminophen is probably the most dangerous OTC drug on the market.
On the less serious side.
What cheese and yogurt is good for your health. We, all, most, need to consider a diet to make us live for 100 years s per the 3 docs on the TV show.

02-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #4247
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've seen two patients die from liver failure due to Tylenol overdose. It isn't pretty, it doesn't take as much as most people might think, and there are no symptoms until it's too late. Acetaminophen is probably the most dangerous OTC drug on the market.
Never use acetaminophen myself. I trust more the old stuff - aspirin. Go ahead and laugh if you want.
02-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #4248
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Never use acetaminophen myself. I trust more the old stuff - aspirin. Go ahead and laugh if you want.
Not laughing, good old Bayer.
02-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #4249
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Oh, no! A foreign (not massively posting on this thread) poster has jumped out in front of dansamy. What are we to do?

02-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #4250
Site Supporter

We had a patient die a little over a year ago from Tylenol OD. And there wasn't one darn thing we could do.
02-01-2014, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #4251
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, no! A foreign (not massively posting on this thread) poster has jumped out in front of dansamy. What are we to do?
Tar and bacon-bits, mixed in with Velveeta, then rolled in some road-kill fir.?
fur? damn english is hard sometimes.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 02-01-2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: because
02-01-2014, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #4252
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What I don't get is they still sell tylenol! it doesn't work well and is poisonous!! Another beef is I didn't even make it into the top 20

02-01-2014, 07:43 PM - 1 Like   #4253
Site Supporter

I'm mostly using Motrin. I promise that I'm a smart gal (I *did* manage to get through nursing school after all!) and won't OD myself on APAP. And I'm keeping it to q6°.
02-01-2014, 07:56 PM - 1 Like   #4254
Site Supporter

Lol! I usually check this thread & a few other places, with very little venturing into the forum at large. This contest has encouraged me to put some actual input into the forum. Which is kind of the point, I reckon! :-P

But I am going to have to figure out how to say things in a "likeable" manner, which also has weight in the algorithm.
02-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #4255
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm certainly glad that they still sell acetaminophen (aka Tylenol, paracetamol, APAP), since it doesn't tear up my stomach or thin my blood like the NSAIDs. It does bug me that it's hard to find "regular strength" 325s any more - I always bought those, and if I had a bad headache, took a third pill for "extra strength". Now all I can find is the 500mgs, and they slip it into everything like it was High-Fructose Corn Syrup. Since no one reads labels, we have overdoses.

They gave me oxycodone after sinus surgery. Didn't do a darned thing for the pain, but I was dizzy as all get-out. I can't see why anyone would want to do that recreationally.

Last edited by THoog; 02-01-2014 at 09:05 PM.
02-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #4256
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I
They gave me oxycodone after sinus surgery. Didn't do a darned thing for the pain, but I was dizzy as all get-out. I can't see why anyone would want to do that recreationally.
I had Tylox after my c-sections. It makes me dizzy & woozy. NOT a fun time at all. Why on earth people want to take it is beyond me.
02-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #4257
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I had Tylox after my c-sections. It makes me dizzy & woozy. NOT a fun time at all. Why on earth people want to take it is beyond me.
Did you ride in a car on it? It feels like you're going into hyperspace in the Millenium Falcon - but NOT in a good way. I couldn't take NSAIDs for several days after surgery because of the bleeding, and in desperation I took ONE oxycodone 12 hours before I had to drive to work (which the label said I could do). I could barely drive the car and I swore I would never do anything that stupid again.
02-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #4258
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Usually these apocalyptic images of thirty foot snow depths are from avalanches. In this image maybe the power company could not afford poles over ten feet high on the upper plains of NDak?
Those are probably telegraph lines, not electric power wires. You can still see them parallel to railroad right of way all over the country, even thought they are no longer in use.

Since we no longer use the telegraph, we don't have a need for a K3 either.
02-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #4259
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Not laughing, good old Bayer.
We had a patient die a little over a year ago from Tylenol OD. And there wasn't one darn thing we could do.
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
What I don't get is they still sell tylenol! it doesn't work well and is poisonous!! Another beef is I didn't even make it into the top 20
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I'm certainly glad that they still sell acetaminophen (aka Tylenol, paracetamol), since it doesn't tear up my stomach or thin my blood like the NSAIDs. It does bug me that it's hard to find "regular strength" 325s any more - I always bought those, and if I had a bad headache, took a third pill for "extra strength". Now all I can find is the 500mgs, and they slip it into everything like it was High-Fructose Corn Syrup. Since no one reads labels, we have overdoses.

What sucks about Tylenol is it does work very well to reduce pain. It is indeed the side effects that are EVIL.

I'm mostly using Motrin. I promise that I'm a smart gal (I *did* manage to get through nursing school after all!) and won't OD myself on APAP. And I'm keeping it to q6°.
But APAP has Acetaminophen in it.

Won't need a K3 after the APAP kills you.
02-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #4260
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just returned from the Elegant Italian Dinner at church (Youth Group Fundraiser), which was a quite nice candlelit affair for the old folks and fun for the Missioners. I was struck by the fact that No ONE remarked on the inclement weather. I guess we're all resigned to ice until Easter or something.

Also

Be of Good Cheer, Pentaxians! Hocir has a Plan and you will be Happy!

Last edited by monochrome; 02-01-2014 at 08:58 PM.