Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #4786
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Those gunksicles spun off the lug nuts are pretty cool looking, never seen that before but not cool enough to make me splurge on a K-3!

Jim
Thaks for for the insight. Coulda sworn that was possum fur on the small screen of my iPad.

02-07-2014, 05:25 AM   #4787
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Those gunksicles spun off the lug nuts are pretty cool looking, never seen that before but not cool enough to make me splurge on a K-3!

Jim
Agree @ 110% ... my K-5 "classic" could handle that job ... and who the heck tagged the "classic" label to the first K-5's ... it's not like it's SPAM Classic!

Another reason why I won't buy a K-3 ... because it will be (re)named a K-3 "classic" when the next generation K-3 "iisx-wc" or whatever comes out ... cannot withstand another traumatic shock like that again ... J

And let's NOT talk about what will happen when the FF arrives !!!
02-07-2014, 05:38 AM   #4788
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

[quote And let's NOT talk about what will happen when the FF arrives !!![/quote]

Jean:
Reference to FF is very close to a topic and may have to be reported to a Mod. Please stick to off-topic subjects in the future. Unless, of course, Ikea comes out with a FF cardboard version before Pentax/Hocir reacts to market swings.
02-07-2014, 05:58 AM   #4789
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Reindeer?
No steve dear, we get snow and ice...

02-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #4790
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Jean:
Reference to FF is very close to a topic and may have to be reported to a Mod.
No need. I'm watching VERY closely now! An occasional photo related post may be tolerated, but not if contains the abbreviation "FF".
Better watch it, Jean! It isn't Spring yet, but the ice you're on is pretty thin for even broaching the subject.

:EYES:

Last edited by Parallax; 02-07-2014 at 08:54 AM.
02-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #4791
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been thinking - I know, always risky business - and, well, everybody seems to ask what the Fox says. But has anybody established who this Fox is?

Is it Fox News? That could make the song political (and we don't want to go there).
Is it George Fox? That could make the song a comment on religion (and we definitely don't want to go there).
Is it Crimson Fox? That could be making fun of the French (and that's ok, isn't it?).

Vicente Fox? Samantha Fox?
02-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #4792
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I've been thinking - I know, always risky business - and, well, everybody seems to ask what the Fox says. But has anybody established who this Fox is?

Is it Fox News? That could make the song political (and we don't want to go there).
Is it George Fox? That could make the song a comment on religion (and we definitely don't want to go there).
Is it Crimson Fox? That could be making fun of the French (and that's ok, isn't it?).

Vicente Fox? Samantha Fox?
Redd Fox.

And he doesn't say, "Buy a K3".

02-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #4793
Pentaxian

I'm astounded you know about the George Fox song... as a former Quaker, I thought it was our little secret. I used to have long leather britches and shaggy shaggy locks.

I won't buy another K-3 until I figure this out.
02-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #4794
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm astounded you know about the George Fox song... as a former Quaker, I thought it was our little secret. I used to have long leather britches and shaggy shaggy locks.

I won't buy another K-3 until I figure this out.
Blame it on the BBC's Melvyn Bragg. After listening to a 45 minute episode of "In our time" dedicated to the origins of the Quaker movement... Well, you know how these things get stuck in your head. Now, let's all sing: What does George Fox say?

Still no K-3 in my possession, though.

But I have indeed received a Spotmatic. With a SuperTak 50/1.4 stuck on its face Needs a good cleaning, but it seems to be in ok shape.
02-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #4795
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Blame it on the BBC's Melvyn Bragg. After listening to a 45 minute episode of "In our time" dedicated to the origins of the Quaker movement... Well, you know how these things get stuck in your head. Now, let's all sing: What does George Fox say?

Still no K-3 in my possession, though.

But I have indeed received a Spotmatic. With a SuperTak 50/1.4 stuck on its face Needs a good cleaning, but it seems to be in ok shape.
My dissatisfaction with the Quaker Movement is that they no longer emulate George Fox, they've become too modern, I'm essentially a George Fox clone... born 3 centuries too late... odd that this should come up on a Photography forum. Sometimes life is just strange...
02-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #4796
Site Supporter

Since I now seem to be collecting little film critters too, I've got a zx-50 coming whose pop up flash doesn't pop up. So is using a hot shoe flash probably my best option?
02-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #4797
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Since I now seem to be collecting little film critters too, I've got a zx-50 coming whose pop up flash doesn't pop up. So is using a hot shoe flash probably my best option?
A cy-20 will cost you the princely sum of $11 shipped, so I'd say it's worth a try...

But we're not supposed to talk photography here, are we.
02-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #4798
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

My dissatisfaction with the Quaker Movement is that they no longer emulate George Fox
George Fox was an exceptional individual and it is likely that he too would not be in favor of a K-3 purchase.

Steve
02-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #4799
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

My dissatisfaction with the Quaker Movement is that they no longer emulate George Fox, they've become too modern, I'm essentially a George Fox clone... born 3 centuries too late... odd that this should come up on a Photography forum. Sometimes life is just strange...
Nah, that's what happens when you mix a BBC philosophy program with a silly song and the fact that I'm not buying a K-3.
02-07-2014, 08:37 AM - 1 Like   #4800
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have got to get a life...Seriously!

My inbox had a note from Adam indicating that I made the grade yesterday to qualify for a raffle ticket for the end-of-month drawing. This is not good.

Steve