Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #4846
Site Supporter

I don't have experience with real Norwegian food, just the Americanized version Disney makes to try & sell more to tourists. Given that they *still* had to turn the meal into a princess meal to get people to come & they've Americanized it & people still don't like it, I'd venture to say that Norwegian food will probably rate somewhere around German food for me. Blech!

02-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #4847
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I'd venture to say that Norwegian food will probably rate somewhere around German food for me. Blech!
You have just managed to offend one-half of the Canadian prairies and a third of the American mid-west. As penance, we are forbidding you to buy a K3.
02-07-2014, 04:31 PM   #4848
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
You have just managed to offend one-half of the Canadian prairies and a third of the American mid-west. As penance, we are forbidding you to buy a K3.
Not really. Food is a personal preference. And people like (& don't like) all sorts of food. And that's perfectly ok! I like spicy food. Tex Mex, Cajun/Creole. Of course, Deep South "soul food". I don't know a lot of folks outside our region who like turnip, collard or mustard greens. And that's ok. I've tried several German potato salads over the years & didn't like any of them. I would never be rude or inconsiderate to a host/ess who served something I ended up not liking. I'd just know for the next occasion that I didn't like it!
02-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #4849
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
That many Norwegians here?[COLOR="Silver"]

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 02-07-2014 at 04:42 PM.
02-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #4850
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not really. Food is a personal preference. And people like (& don't like) all sorts of food. And that's perfectly ok! I like spicy food. Tex Mex, Cajun/Creole. Of course, Deep South "soul food". I don't know a lot of folks outside our region who like turnip, collard or mustard greens. And that's ok. I've tried several German potato salads over the years & didn't like any of them. I would never be rude or inconsiderate to a host/ess who served something I ended up not liking. I'd just know for the next occasion that I didn't like it!
Just kiddin', Amy. And actually I've never tried collard or mustard greens so that shows how much I know.
John
02-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #4851
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
You put those chains on. Now. The roads are filled with idiots in 4x4 econoboxes driving waaaay beyond their ability to stop on snowy and icy roads.
If the chain law is up for big trucks most of the time I am under am OD load and can't run. Even if I wasn't under an OD load, if the chain law is up I get off the road.

Something about not going more than 25 miles an hour or so and feeling like the whole thing is gonna shake itself to pieces that just doesn't appeal to me.

And hopefully I get stopped by a place that serves beer. Beer is one of nature's perfect foods. A couple beers and then I climb into the upper bunk and fall asleep with the TV on.

And the snow gently falling, while I refuse to buy a K3.

I don't have experience with real Norwegian food, just the Americanized version Disney makes to try & sell more to tourists. Given that they *still* had to turn the meal into a princess meal to get people to come & they've Americanized it & people still don't like it, I'd venture to say that Norwegian food will probably rate somewhere around German food for me. Blech!
German food.

Basically sauerkraut, potatoes, and anything you can grind up and shove into a casing. Good stuff!

Washed down with copious quantities of beer.

Beer served by a sexy Fraulein carrying fists full of giant mugs to each hand.

Still won't get a K3 in my grubby mits.
02-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #4852
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I don't know a lot of folks outside our region who like turnip, collard or mustard greens.
I like turnips and collards, but do not care much for mustard greens. I do like grits, however.

Steve

02-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #4853
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The hocir tsum eb ginkat revo. rO eht evitcelloc.
PF bandwidth must be in short supply.
02-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #4854
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Mugs? What mugs?
02-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #4855
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the chain law is up for big trucks most of the time I am under am OD load and can't run. Even if I wasn't under an OD load, if the chain law is up I get off the road.

Something about not going more than 25 miles an hour or so and feeling like the whole thing is gonna shake itself to pieces that just doesn't appeal to me.

And hopefully I get stopped by a place that serves beer. Beer is one of nature's perfect foods. A couple beers and then I climb into the upper bunk and fall asleep with the TV on.

German food.

Basically sauerkraut, potatoes, and anything you can grind up and shove into a casing. Good stuff!

EPA, eh. Too much carbon-dioxide being emitted.
02-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #4856
Veteran Member

And for me. And I had to eat it as a child.
02-07-2014, 04:54 PM   #4857
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Mugs? What mugs?
The ones pictured below the jugs?

(I'm probably getting my wrist slapped for that one...)

I don't like beer. So that might color my perception of German food.
02-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #4858
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I don't know a lot of folks outside our region who like turnip, collard or mustard greens.
Wife 1.0 was always dreaming up strange concoctions in the kitchen. My grandpa had told me many years earlier that no matter what a wife puts on the table, no matter how good, no matter how bad, a husband must eat it without fuss.

Well Wife 1.0 came home with a sack full of every kind of root vegetable one time and created a stew. Rutabagas. Parsnips. Turnips. Beets. There were roots that I had no clue existed.

She also included onions, carrots, potatoes, celery, some meat (it escapes me now if it was beef or pork).

She worked on it for a whole day, cutting, stirring, seasoning, cooking.

It was very tasty.

I ate several bowls of it.

And spent the next three days regretting it.

I later named it "Super Colon Blow".

But I did not complain about it, and devoured it enthusiastically.

But the K3 will still not grace my kit.
02-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #4859
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I like turnips and collards, but do not care much for mustard greens. I do like grits, however.

Steve
I hate collard greens, turnips, beets, and other things like little cabbages. Give me some fresh cod, pickled herring and a hearty reindeer stew with potatoes and carrots.

Because I cannot buy reindeer steaks anymore, I cannot buy a K3. OMG, maybe on post!
02-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #4860
Veteran Member

German food.

Oh my god, becky, look at her..... mugs
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »